Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
From what I have seen. If you believe there are requirements of conduct or anything else for that matter there will be. The love comes from you. I don't have such requirements therefore its unconditional. That goes for anyone else. Its up to them. Do you want it to be unconditional or not. That's the real question Imo.

It isn't what I believe but I don't understand how a person can think they are blessed by god and others are not. I think those who do believe they are blessed experience it as conditional love and think they are deserving of god's blessings.
Old 16-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
Yes I understand what you are saying but why do people say they are blessed by God when something good happens?

There is not only one answer to that question, if you would happen to see a person saying that I strongly suggest you to ask the person directly, out of curiosity, not judgment.
Old 16-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas
There is not only one answer to that question, if you would happen to see a person saying that I strongly suggest you to ask the person directly, out of curiosity, not judgment.
It's mainly the 'spiritual' successful people on t.v who say it. I've heard both Beyonce and Oprah say it but lots of them do. They believe it but I find them to be false, as though they don't take ownership of their wealth and success. It being god's blessings makes it more acceptable for them. How would they reconcile their good fortunes otherwise?
Old 16-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
It isn't what I believe but I don't understand how a person can think they are blessed by god and others are not. I think those who do believe they are blessed experience it as conditional love and think they are deserving of god's blessings.

I wasn't referring to you. Or wasn't trying to anyways. And yeah. I totally agree.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 16-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Free_Spirit1983

I feel challanging "God's unconditional love because "they're being blessed and my life is ****" is a big cop out..

God is a consciousness that is within each and every one of us, I see God as the higher intelligence that holds all the atoms together that make up me, you and the space between.. It doesn't judge or condemn like the Christian concept of God, it just IS!

Also the reason I think it's a cop out is because life is what you make it.. I could stand on a hilltop looking out at a beautiful sunset, in awe of the landscape and appreciating life.. While someone else is standing next to me complaining that it's windy, cold and they could be at home watching tv and life's always sh1tting on them..

Change your perspective, don't pass the buck on to "God" :)
Old 16-09-2013, 11:31 AM
kash17

It all depends on how you define god, I think the word itself is problematic since it defines a separate entity. I think as Tolle says call it infinity and the question would dissolve all together.
Old 16-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Tani

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
God does not love unconditionally.
God IS unconditional Love.

Whether or not one can 'see it' is not relevant in determining what is.

The most simple and logical answer to the question...yet..few have noticed it....
GOD= LOVE.
Thank you Wstein...
Old 16-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Dream Librarian

Does God even exist? or is God only a figment of the mind trying to come to pass with something incomprehensible? When we make spirituality ineffable it easily becomes incomprehensible which separates us from the moment in which we exist. Like the idea that there is something greater than who we are or the moment we exist within, then our thoughts travel everywhere else trying to make sense of the one place it is not. Then surely it becomes difficult to describe something if you are not where it is, therefore it easily becomes ineffable and incomprehensible. So instead of having a God we do not understand and cannot explain (other than with vague terms), why not simply take god out of the equation? The less things we have to distract us, the less things there is to take us away from the beauty we already are and the beauty we already exist within. To me life is all that there is and life simply (re)creates life. Life is life; nothing more or less than what you make out of it.

Those that claim God favors ("only") them, might not be confident/comfortable enough to see what they themselves are part of creating. Maybe because then they also have to admit they are part of creating all the things they do not like, that can make things kind of incomprehensible and scary - so it is easier to pin a lot of things on a concept like God. Jsut a thought...
Old 17-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tani
The most simple and logical answer to the question...yet..few have noticed it....
GOD= LOVE.
They are on some other topic it appears :(
Old 17-09-2013, 04:22 AM
Guide

It seems god aka love, oneness, source, jehovah, allah, pure energy, awareness, life, law etc, is very personal to the individual.
My personal view is god is life in its entirety, no exceptions.