Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 11-09-2016, 08:30 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I also believe we have more than one soul connection, each connection being different and at varying levels of intensity.
Exactly, because we all knew many people in our many previous lives.

Quote:
Personally I have met 3 or 4 soulmates, but just because you find them doesn't mean it will work out, it never has for me YET.
In the past, I used to think I had found several, but only two have withstood the test of time. By that, I mean in hindsight, only two of all of those women still impress me as being my soulmates.

Quote:
What I can't understand is the intensity of connections with people with which I had in reality little contact in the big picture of things. Take soulmate #2, it only lasts a few months than he ran and I left the situation and we never saw each other again, but I still think about him, why?
Maybe because it ended before it was supposed to?

Quote:
I have had 2 long term relationships and those people don't break my heart anymore like the others.
Maybe because they were able to run their course? That's also just a guess, but it's something I've always thought about in the past.

Quote:
To op, yes you are correct, life flies by and before you know it you are "old" and wondering where the time went, but for me, I don't want to settle with just anyone after having that connection, I want the connection or it's just a waist of time.
Exactly!

Quote:
I can't explain it to other people and all of my friends were like "just find someone else" but nobody understands that it's not the same.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Quote:
I'm not saying I won't go out with other people or hang out, I would but as far as putting in the effort to have a relationship, I'm not going to unless there is a connection.
I agree.

Quote:
So why did I have to meet him and have my heart broken again? Just to grow spiritually?
Those are the very same questions I asked myself in my last big relationship (soulmate? doubtful; close acquaintance from a previous life? quite likely). I knew the misery I was setting myself up to experience again, but I couldn't stand the loneliness anymore, so I reciprocated when she approached me. She was a very classy, sophisticated, charming, well spoken person (I didn't remember how hypnotically beautiful her speaking voice was until I watched an old home video again a couple of years ago), but she had been severely psychologically damaged by her father, her brother-in-law and one violent ex-husband and a Lothario for a second ex-husband. She was like Dr. Jeckyll and Ms. Hyde, and there was no telling when Ms. Hyde was going to appear. The last time Ms. Hyde appeared, I ended it.

Quote:
I suppose because I have had some major lessons come to me through what happened with him, hopefully it is all for a greater purpose I am still in the middle of it so I can't judge I suppose.
I would really like to have a word or two with "upper management" about these unpleasant "greater purposes" they think so many of us need to experience. I'm tired of always being one of the guinea pigs who is always being sent down the dead-end paths in the maze. ;) Maybe my "immediate superior" is just bored and is annoying me just to hear me squawk.

Quote:
I have also had some weird experience with a random guy that I met while on a cruise
A cruise?! I feel lucky when I get to ride on an elevator.

Quote:
he was in a band and while I watched his band on youtube and loved their music I didn't think anything special about him. He is not typical good looking so I wasn't thinking that I had a crush on him I just liked the music and wanted to see them play. When I saw them for the first time on the cruise, I walked up to the stage and when my eyes saw him for the first time in person I just fell in love at first sight.
That is very intriguing. It's too bad it isn't clear cut for both of you.

Quote:
It would be much more convenient for these things to happen with people whom you have an actual possibility to be with.
That is the understatement of the year!

Quote:
I'm a highly sensitive person, maybe I'm an empath?
My reply is yet another example of "free association of thought": One of the most outstanding and beautiful acting performances I have ever seen is that of Kathryn Hays in the 1968 Star Trek episode, "The Empath." The overall production of that episode is juvenile, but her performance as a person from a race of empaths is so heartfelt and beautiful and ethereal and supernatural that I was head over heels in love when I saw it for the first time in the late 1970s. I've been fascinated with the idea of empaths ever since. If you've never seen it, it's worth watching, but only for her performance. If you Google "Kathryn Hays" and "empath," you will see that others agree with me. Maybe you've seen it.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:31 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by QT Pie
Not all people that meet their twin sits waiting vigil. I am in a relationship and have been since shortly after meeting. For me it is the opposite effect. I was fine alone. Now I am not. I won't sit with this all this alone. **** no, life goes on.
I wasn't fine alone before I met "her," but it wasn't too difficult either. Being alone after her was really unpleasant for the longest time. Then it got easier again, but it fluctuates occasionally, and then the loneliness is hard to tolerate for a while (loneliness in general, absolutely not loneliness for her). It certainly doesn't help when I watch romantic movies.

You sound as if you are handling the aftermath very well. Right?
Old 11-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I'm beginning to understand "soul mate" because I think I have one - same gender… Neither of us have talked to the other about it and I think it's because it just is and there's no need. In fact I'd looked on as a very good friend - reliable, trustworthy, collaborative, for some time now.
That perfectly describes the relationship I had with the person that I strongly consider to be my second soulmate (a woman), but I intend to write about her in a future post, so I won't go into detail here. I just wanted to say that I fully understand that you have "no need" to "talk about it..., "because it just is." I've only had that sort of feeling only the one time, so I consider it to be a fairly unique thing, for me, at least.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Knower
For the record, LionRising, in order to save time. I didn't read your post in its entirety before replying. I clicked the quote button first and read and replied to snippets of various lengths; therefore, I had no idea what was coming next each time I finished replying to each snippet. So now I am editing some of my replies that you answered later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionRising
I have been receiving a lot of advice, lately, to let go of TF and focus on myself. It has been difficult advice to hear and even more difficult to apply to my life.
Update: I think you answered this below.

Quote:
I thought I already *was* focusing on myself.
Update: In other words, you had a brief relapse and fell back into having "unfulfillable" desires?

Quote:
I have made major life changes and grown in ways I cannot even believe, looking back on my journey.
Update: It's very satisfying to hear someone in your situation say something like that.

Quote:
I am far from finished, that's the honest truth, but I have done a great deal of work, as well.
Such things are never completely finished.

Quote:
And then I reached this sort of plateau.
That is a smile of understanding. I've been on a couple of really peaceful, pleasant, philosophical plateaus (with some really nice local residents who added to the charm and magic of the tiny town in which I was living) in the past; however, my present "plateau" (I can't remember how long I've been stuck here) is more like a small ledge in the middle of a thousand-foot cliff. Ha???

Quote:
I have prayed, meditated, and prayed some more. I have cried into the rain and I have pleaded with the universe, God, my soul, spirit guides, any and every entity that might be out there, listening, for answers.
That is very beautifully written.

Quote:
Answers don't often come, these days, and when they do, they're a repeat of what I've already been told. I am receiving less and less guidance to get through my daily life, and more of these universal and generic, "You're on the right path, be patient," type messages.
I must not be doing it right, because I've never gotten any answers or messages (no kidding). I think my guides know better than to tell me that I am presently on the right path.

Quote:
I don't feel done and I want "more." More lessons, more growth, more awakenings.
Statements like this make me wonder how much Indigo you have in you.

Quote:
But going on a year or two, that is not what I have been given. And I have found it almost debilitating. I have been so focused on myself and changing my life, to be in a place, now, where I'm running out of major changes to make, I almost feel more lost, as though some purpose has been taken away from me. Of course, that's not the case.
You shouldn't be so hasty to dismiss it. Again, I sense the possibility of Indigo in your statement. But I am NOT saying you should fall back into any past ruts. Proceed as you have been doing. Based on what you wrote next, you sound as if you are on the right track now.

Quote:
The reality is that now I am in a very freeing place, where I feel I have been blessed and my soul is receiving the message of, "you're good to go..." and it's both liberating and terrifying, because while I am in this place, I am in it alone. My TF is not by my side and I wonder if he ever will be.
It would be very lonely to stop receiving that guidance that you have gotten so used to. Just keep telling yourself, over and over, that there are other soulmates out there (not counting the one you mention next), because there are. If your path never crosses one of theirs, then maybe you have been tasked with finding a "kindred soul" who will become a soulmate for your future lives.

Quote:
I have met a soulmate along the way, as well, but he also moved onto a tangible relationship while I was "focusing on myself," and he's married, now.
Wow. I didn't think my little essay here would hit quite this close to home for anyone.

Quote:
So is my TF, married while I was "focusing on myself." Two great men, two great loves, who have entered my life in magical ways, who have challenged and awakened me, who have forever changed me and made me who I am. I wouldn't say I missed out on being with them because of my inward journey; there were changes I needed to make in my life and at the time, they would have been distractions. I wouldn't have grown the way I was meant to, I wouldn't have found my true purpose for this life, and more importantly, I wouldn't have become the companion THEY needed, either. Whatever magical connection we shared would have dwindled in the face of my immaturity and drama-filled life. I know, objectively, that I needed to grow in order to be ready for my TF, but it was meeting my TF that also pushed me to grow ...and pushed me further away from him, as it can often happen. Timing is a cruel mistress when it comes to Twin flames, soulmates, and focusing on one's self.
I wish I could find the silver lining to dark clouds as beautifully and eloquently as you do. Don't ever lose that! You have a really special viewpoint / perspective / gift. I used to have that "silver-lining" ability, but even in my heyday it wasn't nearly as nice as yours is.

P.S. It's hard to believe that someone who is your age and writes the way you do was ever immature. If that's true, you really grew fast.

Quote:
I just realized that I am probably rambling a lot
Not even a little bit.

Quote:
and not saying very much.
You are saying a lot. The only thing you are leaving out that I can imagine is more specific personal details, and those are none of our business.

Quote:
I guess my point is that I agree with you, Just Because. It's good to focus on yourself and do the work and know who you are, prepare yourself for what's to come and make sure your soul is awake, but sometimes you have to look up from the books, metaphorically speaking, to see that life is happening around you and that if you keep focusing on yourself, you are going to miss out on a great deal, especially when it comes to relationships.
You just accurately described what I did to myself. I didn't look up from my books (that's not a metaphor either) or my computer screen (where I was trying to write my own novels and where I was doing some very interesting historical research) often enough to successfully find someone else.

Quote:
I think there is this hope, and maybe it's even a sort of promise we get roped into, as people who believe in the divine twin flame, that if we do x and y, our twins will come to us. But that doesn't always happen.
How right you are.

Quote:
And I know, personally, I thought I could make it happen, for a while. If I just did all these things, magic would sweep us off our feet and we'd land in a room, together, hopelessly and forever in love. But that doesn't always happen. At some point we have to accept that maybe now isn't the time and maybe this life isn't the time, either. It's not always for us to know and it's certainly not for us to demand or expect. At some point, it makes way more sense to start living your life and going about your business, and even meeting new people and dating, keeping an open mind and allowing the possibility for love from those who may or may not be soulmates. To keep focusing on yourself and holding onto the belief that the more work we do, inward, the closer we get to our twin, can sometimes leave you as an awakened, lonely person.
Once again, just beautifully written.

Quote:
And what good is all this insight and wisdom we've obtained through our suffering and our lessons, if we have no one to share it with? What good is the passion and love we've been gifted if we cannot give that to another being?
I've been asking the same thing for many years, almost to the letter.

Quote:
So, yes, focus on yourself ....to a point. And then take a breath, take inventory, and allow life to take you along for the ride.
I think my "ride" has square wheels.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Ascender

JustBecause, thank you for your answers! I just have to say that after messaging my twin yesterday and him answering me, I am convinced that he still feels the same! After receiving his message, I had a very strong feeling for the rest of the night that he was thinking of me the same way I was thinking of him. Then when I woke up this morning and found that he had already sent me a couple of messages at 7am, I was sure of it, he woke up thinking about me!
My point is this isn't over and all this pain was and is NOT for nothing! There are reasons but it is up to us to get it right!
Old 11-09-2016, 11:44 PM
Guide

I am 52 and my twin is 12 years younger than me. He doesn't seem bothered with the age difference and that is what I thought a twinflame connection was meant to be about=unconditional love and acceptance.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:20 AM
Knower
That's Great News!

Quote:
JustBecause, thank you for your answers! I just have to say that after messaging my twin yesterday and him answering me, I am convinced that he still feels the same! After receiving his message, I had a very strong feeling for the rest of the night that he was thinking of me the same way I was thinking of him. Then when I woke up this morning and found that he had already sent me a couple of messages at 7am, I was sure of it, he woke up thinking about me!
My point is this isn't over and all this pain was and is NOT for nothing! There are reasons but it is up to us to get it right!
That's great news! You are very lucky. I envy you. I would normally say, "Keep us updated," but I don't want to jinx it for you, so I am NOT saying that.

Imagine two proverbial beams of white light coming down from heaven and bathing both him and you in it. Make it as real as you can. Does that sort of thing really work? I don't know, but I do it as often as I can. The problem is that I have to be in the right mood to make it sincere, and I'm not in that mood as often as I would like to be, anymore. I've even aimed that light at a few (certainly not all) people in the past against whom I had held very long grudges. At the very least, it made me feel good.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:53 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by hineahuone
I am 52 and my twin is 12 years younger than me. He doesn't seem bothered with the age difference and that is what I thought a twinflame connection was meant to be about=unconditional love and acceptance.

Hi, hineahuone.

My first soulmate was 31 when we met; I was 24. My second (theoretical) soulmate was 45 when we met; I was 37, so I know exactly what you mean.

I used to be fairly shallow when it came to age, so it was proof to me that there was something real between my first soulmate and me when her age didn't matter in the slightest to me. It didn't matter one tiny bit with the second one either. Of course, the second one and I had no chance of ever being together anyway (actually true of both of them, I guess), so the point is moot.

As far as my first soulmate, she is from a foreign country, and, due to her cultural mindset and her success in life, was always excessively proud of herself and her age. She was never shy about it. But on a really unpleasant day, a few days after we first met, shortly after she told me we could be nothing more than good friends (I'll explain why in a future post), she came back over to my table in the college library anyway and started visiting with me. She was standing next to the table, while I was sitting, feeling very dejected and drained of spirit. I asked her how old she is, because when I had first seen her a month earlier, I had told my best friend that she looked as if she could be anywhere between 25 and 35. It was very hard to tell. Either way I didn't care at all what age she was. I was just curious. She paused for a second, looking really uncomfortable and semi-sad, and said, "28." The story of how I discovered the truth a month later is funny, at least it was for me; however, she was feeling terribly guilty about having lied about something that she was normally very proud of, and even worse, she was sure that her actual age was going to scare me away, which is why she lied when I asked. She was visibly relieved when I said I didn't care what age she was.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Master
Just Because...first off I'm sorry for your loss or for the distance over the years between you and your close soul connections. I know that's quite difficult and also that many folks probably won't fully understand the grief and the loss you've felt over the years.

2nd...
and no disrespect meant...I think a change of perspective is all that's truly needed. You've still got many good years and you're only "old" for the 30-somethings or younger folks, LOL.

By your words, though, you seem excessively focused on age and appearances, both your own and those of women. Soul connections aside, this outlook is not ever going to lead you to a deeper satisfaction on any level.

Some folks are shallow, it's true, and those shallow, crass women will no longer ogle you on the street if you are no longer in the flush of your youth because, shallow or no, they presumably are also in their youth. Those women are no longer for you and may still be looking to start a family with a younger man.

Don't worry about all that and I'd advise you to consciously AVOID the shallow types and also those who are younger (certainly under 40) who are likely still to want to start a family.

Regardless if you were ever "an item" with the ladies, if you consciously focus your attention, respect, and sincere charm and enthusiasm on individual women -- and spend time getting to know them as people and as friends -- then your odds of successfully finding a partner with whom you can build a loving relationship are much greater. So long as you ascertain that they too are serious about finding a partner, and you each see how things progress.

This deeper, more authentic level of connection, built on friendship, admiration, and love, will be much less superficial and much more deeply satisfying than any brief encounter or short term fling with a street ogler or a woman who lacks the life experience that a much younger woman still lacks. That life experience is what will allow a 40+ woman to appreciate a 40+ man (or in your case, 50+)

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 12-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Master
Just Because, I feel like it's time for you to meet the one you're meant to be with. Write down a list of all the qualities you want in a partner, then stash it away. Don't even think about it. Just let the Universe make the rest happen, and it will. Make sure the list is detailed. You are sending this energy out into the Universe, and the Universe takes energy literally. Specify what kind of woman, all her qualities, and that she is available physically, emotionally, and mentally for a relationship. Then describe the relationship you wish to have with her. Everybody I know who I've told to do this has met a partner. Everybody. It works. You are never too old for love. I spoke about this in another thread but my mom made a wedding cake for two 90 something year-olds who reunited after 70 years and married each other.