Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Dawn

Nature, Nuture, or Spirit coming through?

This thought came to me earlier this evening.

I know full well I haven't recalled all of my past lives (more like little under half?), but in a LOT of the ones I've remembered (while being in a human / humanoid body), something I've noticed. My disposition.
A lot more often than not, I've had a very happy, caring, content, friendly way about me. I didn't think much about it when I've been recalling past lives, but, thinking about it now, it's difficult NOT to see it.
This made me wonder, is it just the 'mood' I chose when I was in spirit, deciding what lives I'd live and lessons I'd learn along the way? (You know, how some choose to live as people who go through life all ****y and upset, or others are just sad, and others have a bright, sunny outlook, or some are just really technical and methodical and calculating in their ways.)
Is this a bit of my natural, spiritual mood coming through? Is this just the way I've been brought up in a lot of my physical lives and spirit me figured it'd be the better way to experience this stuff?

. . . or am I just thinking waaaayyyy too hard about this?

What do you think? And have you noticed any mood 'patterns' yourself from remembering your own past lives?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:16 AM
Trieah

That's an interesting question. It seems to me, that a soul who has acquired a lot of spiritual growth, might actually want to keep reincarnating as a way of spreading the nurturing spirit back into the world. Kind of a lead by example type of thing. Not every incarnation has to be about learning lessons for yourself. It could just be about spreading love and joy to a world that needs it. And if you have such a deep association with Quan Yin, it wouldn't surprise me that your soul would actually want to keep coming back just to keep that kind of compassion in the world.

And yes, I have noticed something similar with my past lives that I know about. But mine seem to range between the various aspects of my core spiritual beliefs and strengths.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Dawn

~*perks up my eyebrows*~ I hadn't even considered that possibiliy, Trieah!
(And kinda funny but kinda makes sense about you mentioning 'kind of lead by example sort of thing'. Why? Because ever since I saw the quote some years back online, it's stuck in my head and I use it. "Be the change you want to see in the world.")
And I always just thought that the reason we kept coming back and reincarnating was because of lessons, and karma, and fpr the overall growth for our own spiritual self. Once we got finished with that, pfft! We were done.

It's curious that you've noticed a sort of 'pattern' as well concerning your past lives. (Nice to know I'm not alone on that note!)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Trieah

I've actually come across many references of people and spirit beings, who've actually given up their perfect ascension/reunion with God, to come back and help others in their journey to enlightenment. I even read some where, that even Archangel Michael made a vow to never close his wings until the last wondering soul has been brought home.

And sometimes, that kind of thing can only be accomplished, by taking on more and more lifetimes. Because not all people can respond well enough to their spirit guides, or religious figures. Sometimes, they just need a little more one on one personal contact, to help them understand the true benefits of a more enlightened path. Life doesn't have to be all about suffering the consequences of our bad decisions, that's just a cause and effect.

Sure, we can still learn things while we're here. But who says the master can never learn anything from the student, as well? We all learn, we all teach, we all grow. Um. . . , heh. . . , not to sound egotistical, or anything, but I've actually heard a few of my guides tell me, that I'd taught them something, they hadn't thought about. Just because I was looking at something from a completely different perspective then what they were. And they teach me stuff with their perspectives.

Don't know if you've heard this already, but I thought I'd go ahead and copy paste a little something that I've read about Quan Yin.

Quan Yin, the great goddess and Mother of Compassion, loved and revered throughout Asia. A beautiful expression of Divine Mother. Mercy means there is more assistance given through love than through merit earned. Following her ascension Kwan Yin turned back to save others and made this pledge - "Never will I seek, nor receive, private individual salvation, never will I enter into final peace alone, but forever and everywhere will I live and strive for the redemption of every creature throughout the world from the bonds of conditioned existence". Kwan Yin is associated with the earth, fertility, and birth, and healing. She has also brought forth the energies of Magnified Healing. Quan Yin is known as the Goddess of Compassion and is often depicted riding on a dragon. She is the eastern counterpart of Mother Mary and she works to balance the feminine energy. She is one of the Lords of Karma representing the sixth ray. Isis carried the same 'mother energy' in Egyptian and Hinduism, Shakti (Vishnu's wife), Pavarti (Shiva's wife) and Sita (Rama's wife). Her proper name is Kuanshih Yin and means "She who harkens to the cries of the world". She is honored in Japan and China. A Celestial Bodhisatva and Ascended Master.

So, if you take her words to mean that she will never stop trying to lead by example, until every last soul has realized their own true self, could it also mean, that she has willingly given up her perfect (final) ascension/reunion with God, in order to keep coming back to help others along the way?

My friend, there are far more highly evolved beings inhabiting human bodies, right now, on this planet, who have made similar vows, to forgo there own homecoming, in order to help bring everyone home, then you may be aware of. And don't even think, that just because you can't remember exactly who you are, that you couldn't possibly be one of them.

We're not always meant to remember everything about who we were. And perhaps it's just a way of experiencing things from a different perspective, so that we may have a new way of reaching out to those who haven't been able to relate to the other kinds of teachings out there.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Dawn

O_O Trieah... Wow...
(When I can think of something more to add, I'll come back and say it! lol Right now I'm just having a really big 'Wow!' moment from what you wrote. *^_^*)