Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 16-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Mind's Eye

A Theory About Reincarnation

I have read many books in the past, and have heard it said that when some people die, they are afraid to go to the light. These souls are said to sometimes attach themselves to a living person's aura and live parts of their lives through influencing the energy field of the living person; Thus, the living person will begin to pick up habits, speech patterns and even fears of the deceased person who is attached to their aura.

If this be so, could it be that thoughts and memories of reincarnation are none other than the memories of these deceases souls coming through our minds?

What do you think about this theory.....
Old 17-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Greenslade

It#s more than possible that this does happen, but I doubt it's true in every case. In my first Life I was stabbed, and when I saw the face of the woman who wielded the knife I knew it was inevitable. At the time I didn't go straight into the Light because I wanted to stay with my son, who was the victim of an incurable wasting disease. We knew at the time he didn't have long and when he did pass over I was there with him, and took him into the Light. In one Life I engineered an 'accident' to end it. In this Life I've been given the choice to pass over and have been told I'll get the option again. Although I have no fears about passing over nor going into the Light, there's something I feel I need to do first. I made a little girl a promise and I'm going to keep it if at all possible. None of my Past Life memories have included a fear of going into the Light, just the shock of a sudden end if anything but I have always gone into the Light.
Old 17-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Dave

From the book Telos by Aurelia Louise Jones, She has contact with servivors
of ancient Lemuria. They say that the wars between Lemuria and Atlantis
brought distruction to their continents. They knew this would happen and the
people who died during the sinking had to return to balance their Karma.

But most of us are on our last incarnation with the ending of the Baktun cycle.
Time for mother earth to advance from the 3rd dimentional consciousness to
the 4th and 5th. But we better be prepared for this or those who don't will
return on another planet back in another 3D consciousness. There are 7 billion
people on earth now and it is expected that only 3 to 4 million will survive the
massive changes. Alot of land changes are coming with coast lines going
under water. Hawaii should grow in size but Japan is supposed to sink. It
appears to have started on that path. Sorry for getting off the incarnation
subject but the changes are coming!
Old 22-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It#s more than possible that this does happen, but I doubt it's true in every case. In my first Life I was stabbed, and when I saw the face of the woman who wielded the knife I knew it was inevitable. At the time I didn't go straight into the Light because I wanted to stay with my son, who was the victim of an incurable wasting disease. We knew at the time he didn't have long and when he did pass over I was there with him, and took him into the Light. In one Life I engineered an 'accident' to end it. In this Life I've been given the choice to pass over and have been told I'll get the option again. Although I have no fears about passing over nor going into the Light, there's something I feel I need to do first. I made a little girl a promise and I'm going to keep it if at all possible. None of my Past Life memories have included a fear of going into the Light, just the shock of a sudden end if anything but I have always gone into the Light.

And how did you come to know about these past lives. Did you use hypnosis or other meditative means? Or you just remembered?
Old 31-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sphinx
And how did you come to know about these past lives. Did you use hypnosis or other meditative means? Or you just remembered?

I can't meditate, Sphinx. My brain simply isn't wired for it somehow. They say that when the pupil is ready the teacher will come. For a long time I'd had thoughts and feelings I couldn't get to the back of. Then there was recognition in people I'd never met, as if we'd been friends for years. What really started it was a name I had in my head that I couldn't shake, and I could see this character in my mind's eye. After doing some research I found him in the Nestor Chronicles, which goes back to the days when the Vikings sailed down the Volga and founded Russia. After that it was talking to people that I recognised and asked them. My guides also helped at the time, their energies seemed to open mine up. Luckily there has always been someone around to valid this weird stuff in my head.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 PM
essencespiritual

Remembrances of past lives can be fascinating, but the real goal of understanding reincarnation is to become
free from the painful cycle of birth in death. Srila Prabhupada warns, This is not a very good business--to die and
take birth again. We know that when we die we'll have to enter again into the womb of a mother--and
nowadays mothers are killing the children within the womb.

dehino 'smin yatha dehe
kaumaram yauvanam jara
tatha dehantara-praptir
dhiras tatra na muhyati

"As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth, and then to old age, the soul
similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person is not bewildered by such a change."

(Bhagavad-gita 2.13)
Old 01-04-2011, 12:34 PM
essencespiritual

[b]The living being is eternal and the body is temporary. Indeed the body is only 'alive' due to the presence of the soul. When the body becomes old and useless the soul leaves or transmigrates. According to how we have behaved in this particular body will determine where our soul transmigrates to.

If we have developed spiritual consciousness and freed ourselves from all material attachments and desires then we will return to our true home in the spiritual world, which like ourselves, is eternal. In the spiritual world we will never have to experience the trauma of leaving a body again (death).

On the other hand if we still have some material desires or material attachments then we will not be qualified to return to our true home in the spiritual world and we will thus have to take another body somewhere in the material world, or reincarnate. The body we receive is determined by our actions and desires of our previous life.

These are the basics of reincarnation and transmigration.
Radhanath Swami
Old 12-04-2011, 05:41 PM
eyeswideopen

I never thought of past lives before until my youngest child who was four at the time stared speaking of his other family. My older children complained that he was lying all the time. I started to listen. He told me - I love u mommy but I love my other mom too. She has different hair and skin color and she's pretty just like you. He would beg me to take him to his other home and described a different place. He would get upset that I didn't take him. He spoke of a father who farmed fished and hunted. He told me he mourned the death of his father. He told me I'm older boy mommie. And I was sad when I got hurt and left mommie behind. He told me he was back again. These memories continue till around age six and faded. I always listened and thanked him for chosing me as his mommie when he came back. I believe him. I wish I could of found his last home but I have a feeling it was a place before my time. Till dis day 6 yrs later he tells me. I looked down and picked u as my mom out of so many. I believe he died around the age of seven. In an out door accident. It must of been brutal cause he doesn't like traumatic deaths. My son is hereto live the life he didn't get to live. Strange enough I feel dat my daughter oldest is also becuase she doesn't feel like my daughter but my sister. Feels like she used me to come back.
Old 13-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Felynx

I think its silly. Im just throwing that out there. Maybe this happens to some people, on certain occasions.
Old 13-04-2011, 01:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sphinx
I have read many books in the past, and have heard it said that when some people die, they are afraid to go to the light. These souls are said to sometimes attach themselves to a living person's aura and live parts of their lives through influencing the energy field of the living person; Thus, the living person will begin to pick up habits, speech patterns and even fears of the deceased person who is attached to their aura.

If this be so, could it be that thoughts and memories of reincarnation are none other than the memories of these deceases souls coming through our minds?

What do you think about this theory.....
i respectfully disagree, though i cant blame you for asking it, my point of view isnt due to any hypnosis or a psychic's reading, but due to my own experience, i have, several times revisited (for lack of a better term) my past existences, i know what happened to me, and what i did to others, as well as how these things relate to my life now, and believe me when i say, that living through certain occurrences was not exactly pleasant, or something to warrant any bragging...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi