Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Roaring Thunder

Heaven or Reincarnation?

Quick question: When we die, do we go through purgatory and then go to Heaven or do we return for yet another lifetime on Earth?

I personally would rather go through purgatory but go to Heaven afterwards than to go through no purgatory but come back here again.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaring Thunder
Quick question: When we die, do we go through purgatory and then go to Heaven or do we return for yet another lifetime on Earth?

I personally would rather go through purgatory but go to Heaven afterwards than to go through no purgatory but come back here again.

If reincarnation is real then we go through purgatory either way in my eyes, since life on earth is like purgatory to me.
Old 13-10-2011, 02:22 AM
Celeste

It depends on what you believe. Some people feel, when you die, you go to heaven or hell (organized religion). Others feel you usually go to purgatory (organized religion, again) which is more realistic to me as it seems rather hard to believe you could possibly go straight to hell, as it seems equally hard to believe you could go straight to heaven.

Some say what you believe, is what it will be (as in, you make your own reality). Some say there is reincarnation, but I think your soul can also choose not to reincarnate on earth again.

There are so many different opinions. Who knows what to believe!!
Old 20-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
It depends on what you believe. Some people feel, when you die, you go to heaven or hell (organized religion). Others feel you usually go to purgatory (organized religion, again) which is more realistic to me as it seems rather hard to believe you could possibly go straight to hell, as it seems equally hard to believe you could go straight to heaven.

Some say what you believe, is what it will be (as in, you make your own reality). Some say there is reincarnation, but I think your soul can also choose not to reincarnate on earth again.

There are so many different opinions. Who knows what to believe!!

Very true.

When I was a kid, people used to say, "Noi matter what you believe, we'll never know for sure in this life. One thing's for sure: nobody ever comes back to tell us!"

Now, with the near-death experiences, people ARE allegedly coming back to tell us. But we still don't know for sure, since many of the experiences they relate. and the things they saw. are so different.

Jim
Old 13-10-2011, 02:29 AM
CuriousSnowflake

Neither. I think you get what you think you will get, until you stop thinking that way. IMHO, the afterlife is the realm of imagination, a place of instantaneous creation. So you may create your heaven, or your hell, or you may return to incarnation, or you may reunify with Oneness, or any combination thereof. Take your pick, and you may change your mind as often as you choose.

CS
Old 20-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
Neither. I think you get what you think you will get, until you stop thinking that way. IMHO, the afterlife is the realm of imagination, a place of instantaneous creation. So you may create your heaven, or your hell, or you may return to incarnation, or you may reunify with Oneness, or any combination thereof. Take your pick, and you may change your mind as often as you choose.

CS

Interesting: and I hope so! I like the style of afterlife discussed in Benson's/Borgia's Life in the World Unseen, so will concentrate on that.

Jim
Old 13-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Experiencer
I wondered this too. I know there are other posts on this but I looked up ndref.org and read through tons of stories myself. There are tons of stories from all walks of life. Pretty amazing.
Old 13-10-2011, 02:36 AM
nightowl

Here is the weird way I see it...we pass over in spirit, if we have connected with God on this side, we re-connect with God when we pass over. We don't reincarnate per se, but our energy imprint is recycled into our family energy stream and relived through our relatives. If we don't connect with God our energy connects in a sense to either a negative stream, if we lived such a life on this side or is not recycled... still working this out... but for me it works right now...
Old 13-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Ahimsa

It's so hard to be definite on this one. There are infinite possibilities, really. But my version of it goes something like this:

We are spiritual beings, and incarnating as human is just one part of our experience. We really are so much more than just this one lifetime. We existed before and we will exist after. We exist above and below and all around this one incarnation. And when it is over, our souls will continue on. We are our souls- that is who we really are. Life here is something of a dream, in a way.
I believe in reincarnation- from my perspective, I know without a doubt that it happens. What we call "heaven" is a human interpretation of the blissful aspect of the divine. The "gates of heaven" refer to the the doorway into the divine that we experience through death, or through profound meditation or spiritual awakening. When I use the word "God" I am referring to what I call "the light". It's the source, it's the sum total of it all, it's loving and bright and beautiful and dynamic. I have seen this light; I know it is there. There are beings that operate within it, to it and from it, as messengers and guides. These beings are the angels. They are not human, and they can be very helpful. They are radiant. I have seen one of them and it was like nothing else I have ever seen.
When we die, we go through a process of spiritual transcendence of the body. We shed the body and return to our more pure form, which is the soul. In doing this, we go through a series of stages. In one or more of these stages, we process the life left behind. This is the process we call "purgatory". It is called this name because here the soul is essentially purged of its earthly life. We process and release all of our deeds, and we experience the truth about ourselves. It can be very painful, but we need to do this in order to release from the body and the lifetime. Failure to transcend through this stage can result in an earthbound state, which creates ghosts.
We can and often do go through stages of this "life review" process while we are alive. In truth, death is simply a magnification of what occurs in life. If we work on ourselves and face our truth, though it may be scary, we will do the same in death and we will pass through the stages and go straight into the light of the divine. If we run away from ourselves and fail to face our truth, it will be particularly difficult for us to in death to purge and move on.
My experience has taught me that there is a realm in which beings who shun the light of the divine tend to cluster. This realm is shut away from the light because the beings who cluster there have no wish to be near the light. There are some powerfully negative beings there, and there is a conscious effort of some sort to maintain a boundary which wards off the light. The beings in this place are often in a state of great pain and suffering. I have seen some of them, and I call them demons. There are dark entities there which do try to reach out and encourage vulnerable souls to join them. One way they do this is by taking advantage of compromised individuals and coercing them to do things that are destructive to the soul, such as suicide. Many extremely suicidal people report hearing voices telling them to kill themselves. These voices belong to the dark entities from this realm.
God is all loving, and there is always a sense of unconditional compassion and forgiveness emanating from the light for everyone- including the dark entities. The divine light is made of love, and beings who enter into this light are at once immersed in a sea of love, the most profound and glorious love we as humans could ever possibly imagine. Its vastness is almost imperceptible to us. To comprehend it our minds have to strain, and they sometimes break in the effort.
There are so many questions to be answered which touch on the realm of the soul. There are answers, but they strain the boundaries of our human consciousness. Some things we are not meant to comprehend in this life.
Old 13-10-2011, 04:39 AM
Luckymadon

Neither. We do reincarnate, but not right away. We are allowed to rest between lifetimes. When we leave this physical body, we meet with friends and loved ones whom we missed, then we meet with our spirit guides and discuss the lifetime we just lived. We are our own judges and juries. We decide for ourselves what our next step will be. Our guides do not intervene with our free will, but they will help us weigh the pros and cons of our previous decisions and actions so we can decide for ourselves what is best. We then spend time in a spiritual realm that resonates with our own soul's frequency with others of like expression and continue our spiritual education until the stars are aligned astrologically perfect for us to reincarnate again and continue our studies/experiences on the physical plane. It is neither heaven nor hell, it is what we ourselves decide.