Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
How do you feel about someone actually being the reincarnation of historically significant people? Do you agree or disagree with the possibility?

The reason I ask, is because I've taken so much flack by psychics as well as one of my psychic development teachers, over whom my own spirit guides have told me who I once was. It seems there's a growing belief amongst the psychic community, that practically everyone was never more then just other ordinary citizens from the past, with just the one or two exceptions of semi well knowness, but never anyone written about from history. My instructor teaches all of her students, to discount the idea that such a thing could happen, because you then get a influx of people all claiming to be someone like Cleopatra, and therefore get some kind of an air about themselves. She will say that even if that information came from your spirit guide, take it with a grain of salt, because you could be getting the wrong message and it's probably some ego based message designed to lead you astray from whatever your life script/mission is in this lifetime.

But what gets me, is with all this denying of possibly being a reincarnation of someone of historical significance, it's almost as if they are saying that people of historical significance either never existed, or they've never had a need to reincarnate back into the physical world.

It kind of reminds me of that line form the Disney movie The Incredibles, where "Elastagirl" is telling her superhero son, that everyone is special. And Dash replying with, that's another way of saying that no one is (even though some really do exist).

Many of history's great people probably ARE one time vistiors, that's my hunch anyway.
Old 18-05-2011, 05:09 AM
Ascender

Hi, there are many historically significant people incarnated on this planet at the present time. I think it's important to not dwell on your past life, even if it's just out of curiosity. Just focus on the here and now.
Old 18-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Enlightener

No one mentioned that different souls can incarnate into the same physical life, living the same experience.

There is no such thing as time remember.

I think, Trieah, you should follow your gut, and then follow your heart. :)

Blessings
Old 19-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Master
Quote:
I don't know if you read my second post on this topic, on how I've already fulfilled something in this lifetime (several somethings, actually), that was prophesied thousands of years ago, that the person my guides told me I am, would actually accomplish in another lifetime. And there is still more that I, this soul, is supposed to do.

-sigh- It's kind of some pretty heavy stuff. But the more people keep telling me I'm no different from anyone else, the harder it gets for me to have enough faith, that I really am supposed to be doing this other thing as well as what I've already accomplished.

As I see it, being among the unusual ones of the world, I am both not different from anyone else and quite different.

In essence we are exactly the same pure beingness.
As humans we are pretty much like with variations.
As evolved spirit beings in human bodies we may be rare or even unique... but don't expect many others to see that.

Besides... who cares what others see and say, eh?

Xan

Old 19-05-2011, 05:09 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
As I see it, being among the unusual ones of the world, I am both not different from anyone else and quite different.

In essence we are exactly the same pure beingness.
As humans we are pretty much like with variations.
As evolved spirit beings in human bodies we may be rare or even unique... but don't expect many others to see that.

Besides... who cares what others see and say, eh?

Xan

I totally get what you're saying, and I've had this conversation with myself many time. I do know, that no matter how different I am from most, this body is still made up with the same stuff everyone else is. We are all one, yet different in our own respect.

It's just that when I first received all this flood of information, it was a bit too much for me to believe, and I tried like crazy to get some confirmation from other psychics. But it seems that no matter where I turned, no one could really help me figure it out. In fact, it seemed like everything was working against me when I tried to seek counsel from other people. As I mentioned before, it's some pretty heavy stuff, and I felt like I was all alone, at least in the physical world.

In starting this post, I mostly wanted to know what the general consensus was with this group of people, to see if the idea of this happening was a resounding "no" as I'd been running into. Or it there might actually be some people who could be open to the idea of it being possible.
Old 19-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Amethyst Angel

I have also been someone well known in a past life. Since finding out who I was it has made so much sense to me and answered so many questions about who I am in this life and why I am interested in the things I am. I think it doesn't matter if you were famous/well known or not as we are all here for our own personal reasons and spiritual growth and you and I both needed to be these people to help with that.
I think that people who dismiss others for saying that they were, for example Cleopatra, are ignorant, as someone has had to be that person and why not them? Think of the famous people here with us today, I'm sure that most of them will reincarnate just like the rest of us

Love and light
Amethyst Angel
Old 19-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Master
Trieadh... Or it there might actually be some people who could be open to the idea of it being possible.

From the little I've seen of you since you came to this forum I suspect it's not only possible but probable, but as others have said... the point is not to focus on a past identity or even a present one... It's to give fully what we are capable of.

My guides have to be persistent in convincing me that I am who they say I am. It's a challenge to accept ourselves as we are... not only the down side but the beauty and capabilities.

Marianne Williamson wrote about this idea in "A Return to Love".

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Xan

Old 19-05-2011, 10:55 PM
iolite

Quote:
How do you feel about someone actually being the reincarnation of historically significant people? Do you agree or disagree with the possibility?

The reason I ask, is because I've taken so much flack by psychics as well as one of my psychic development teachers, over whom my own spirit guides have told me who I once was. It seems there's a growing belief amongst the psychic community, that practically everyone was never more then just other ordinary citizens from the past, with just the one or two exceptions of semi well knowness, but never anyone written about from history. My instructor teaches all of her students, to discount the idea that such a thing could happen, because you then get a influx of people all claiming to be someo.

Well, statistically small or not, SOMEBODY has to be reincarnated as Cleopatra (if she's still coming back, that is), right???