Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 16-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Suspended

'What we call reality is only a state of mind' - Bernard D'Espagnat

Bernard D'Espagnat, physicist and philosopher of science who has worked on Quantum theory and reality concludes that facts established from experiments is against scientific realism.

"The doctrine that the world is made up of objects whose existence is independent of human consciousness turns out to be in conflict with quantum mechanics and with facts established by experiment."

- Bernard D'Espagnat

He is one of those fringe physicists who thinks that reality is veiled and the only scientist who leaves room for spirituality. Science might not prove the spiritual ream yet but it certainly encourages one to take up spirituality and lead a spiritual life.

"The message would be that the purpose of life is not to eat and drink, watch television and so on. Consuming is not the aim of life. Earning as much money as one can is not the real purpose of life. There is a superior entity, a divinity, le divin as we say in French that is worth thinking about, as are our feelings of wholeness, respect and love, if we can. A society in which these feelings are widespread would be more reasonable than the society the West presently lives in."

- Bernard D'Espagnat

Bernard D'Espagnat is no crackpot for sure, his reasoning is rock solid.
Old 16-10-2014, 03:49 PM
KevinO

Thank you for posting!
Old 17-10-2014, 03:02 PM
No, he is no crackpot!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Master
Amen! He states what ought to be apparent to all.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 23-10-2014, 06:04 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroma
Bernard D'Espagnat, physicist and philosopher of science who has worked on Quantum theory and reality concludes that facts established from experiments is against scientific realism.

"The doctrine that the world is made up of objects whose existence is independent of human consciousness turns out to be in conflict with quantum mechanics and with facts established by experiment."

- Bernard D'Espagnat

He is one of those fringe physicists who thinks that reality is veiled and the only scientist who leaves room for spirituality. Science might not prove the spiritual ream yet but it certainly encourages one to take up spirituality and lead a spiritual life.

"The message would be that the purpose of life is not to eat and drink, watch television and so on. Consuming is not the aim of life. Earning as much money as one can is not the real purpose of life. There is a superior entity, a divinity, le divin as we say in French that is worth thinking about, as are our feelings of wholeness, respect and love, if we can. A society in which these feelings are widespread would be more reasonable than the society the West presently lives in."

- Bernard D'Espagnat

Bernard D'Espagnat is no crackpot for sure, his reasoning is rock solid.
Isn't he just eating his own words here? Is his reality a state of mind?
Old 24-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Raven Poet

Perhaps ... who knows with all the potential for debate, and actual debate, going on.

If it is "just" a state of mind, then it is a very comfortable one for me at this time; to know there is a "le devin" or supreme creative being/force runnin' things in the universe.

And to know I am genetically and energetically connected to all things is quite comforting, too.

So I'm good with this state of mind!
Old 25-10-2014, 02:28 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
Perhaps ... who knows with all the potential for debate, and actual debate, going on.

If it is "just" a state of mind, then it is a very comfortable one for me at this time; to know there is a "le devin" or supreme creative being/force runnin' things in the universe.

And to know I am genetically and energetically connected to all things is quite comforting, too.

So I'm good with this state of mind!

The Op was 'reality is only a state of mind' and I absolutely agree with that. I don't think there can be any exceptions so it stands to reason that each and every one of us live a unique reality. Anything outside of the five senses is down to interpretaion and most definately is in the mind. Quite amazing.

However, if I am to believe there is a supreme creative being running the universe, I would not be happy. If I had the power there would not be the human suffering we experience as a whole today. I don't understand why you find it comforting?
Old 25-10-2014, 02:49 AM
Master
I don't think one should be clear about philosophy of science, because it's not even theoretical physics let alone applied science... and to understand that SF attracts persons of a particular ilk who would be supportive of this sort of thing, but I wouldn't suppose that this little community is an adequately diverse target group.

It's really quite philosophical, and not particularly scientific, in it's conclusions.
Old 26-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's really quite philosophical, and not particularly scientific, in it's conclusions.

I strongly urge you to take back your statement. Bernard's interpretation of QM is the most reasonable interpretation and all other objective interpretations of QM leads us to irreconcilable paradoxes. If you are not taking his statements seriously then you are going against facts established from experiments.
Old 26-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
Isn't he just eating his own words here? Is his reality a state of mind?

Yes this reality including our bodies, brain and everything that you are watching is a state of mind means it doesn't exist independent of us. It appears as real because we are in an inter-subjective agreement.