Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 13-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Phaedron

My study of Twin Flames

This post contains my study of twin flames. At the time I was first discovering duality and reincarnation too. I am going to link the sites I visited. They are circle of light, lohengrin, the mystic twins, and the lighthouse.

http://tsl.org/2010/01/collection-soulmates-and-twin-flames-articles/
http://www.circleoflight.net/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lohengrin_%28opera%29

Circle has this notion of manifesting your twin flame energy into your current partner, via their sacred marriage. I find this site to be kind of fishy myself, and I completely disagree with everything she says about Lucifer.

In Lohengrin, we see the twin flame make an appearance out of nowhere and all he asks is that she not ask his name, but when she does, he must leave. The articles I found in the lighthouse suggest the twin flame doesn't usually incarnate when you do, but guides you to other loves.

So I came up with the idea of reincarnation cycles. In other words you take turns living while the other guides and watches. Though neither remember anything in life, spiritually they are connected. Having reduced everything to two, my perception of deity became that of Dragons. I believed that human beings were twin FLAMES, the breath of twin dragons of eternity and infinity. This study was about the eastern and western dragon. The normal one and the oriental one. In the east the dragon is praised, in the west it is feared and vicious. So this was the two dragons, and everything about them. It was a rich journey...

At the time I was visited by a spirit who came to live with me. I had thought it was my twin flame for a while, about a year, then I found out it was my deceased grandmother. yikes!

Twin flames are supposed to come together for a deeply spiritual purpose. The way I am seeing TF this, TF that, I honestly think that most of you are just romanticizing this soulmate / twin flame stuff, and confusing it with good relationships.

We can have any number of soulmates. A soulmate is just someone you knew in a past life, not even necessarily a past mate. A soulmate can be your complete and polar opposite, but a twin flame should fit together like two pieces in a 10 billion piece puzzle.

After my breakup, I abandoned my study of soulmates and twinflames, and abandoned the whole idea. I remain skeptical that there is a true other half of my soul. "Relationship" or "Marriage" happens in the physical world, and till death do us part, but we DO part. Sadly, if you believe in reincarnation, it's hard to think you will be with someone for eternity.

Quote:
The quest for love and for that perfect mate is really a quest for wholeness.

There are three types of romantic relationships that help lead one to this wholeness: twin flames, soul mates and karmic relationships.

Twin flames were created together in the beginning and share a unique destiny. Created in a single fiery ovoid, they were separated into two spheres of being—one in a masculine polarity and the other in a feminine polarity—but each with the same pattern of divine identity. Though they spend some lifetimes together and others apart, their tie is eternal, and after they have each united with their Higher Self they will be together forever. But not all the beautiful and soul fulfilling loves are those of twin flames.

A soul mate tie is different from that of the twin flame. Whereas we each have only one twin flame, we can have many soul mates. Soul mates sometimes share a complementary calling in life. They are partners and helpmates who are often working to develop the same virtues and to master the same chakras. These relationships tend to be harmonious and satisfying, and such kindred souls can accomplish great things together.

Then there is the karmic relationship where two individuals are drawn together for the balancing of mutual karma. The karmic tie may be the tightest of all and begin with the strongest attraction. This is because the soul has a deep yearning to be free, and has an inner knowing that this connection is a key to resolution through balancing karma that is often harsh, such as violence, hatred, abandonment or even murder.

From time to time, there is a feeling of emptiness, a loneliness that reveals the inadequacy of a relationship based solely on karma. Yet though they are frequently difficult, these relationships are important in achieving self-mastery on the spiritual path.

Everyone experiences all three types of relationships over the course of their lifetimes. The key to wholeness in all of these spiritual relationships is to love every soul.

Quote:
our twin flame may have already won their soul liberation and reunited with God—or they may still be struggling to find their way. Where your twin flame is—what their state of consciousness is—can greatly influence your own ability to find wholeness.

Because both of you share the same blueprint of identity—like the design of a snowflake, unique in all of cosmos—whatever energy you send forth is imprinted or stamped with that specific pattern. According to the law that like attracts like, all energy you release cycles to your twin flame—either hindering or helping them on the path to wholeness.

When you send forth love or hope, these qualities will uplift your twin flame. But if you are burdened with frustration or hatred, your twin flame will likewise feel the weight of these misqualified feelings.

Sometimes the inexplicable joys or depressions you feel are the moods of your other half registering on your own consciousness.

You can accelerate your progress on the Path—in your prayer, meditation, or dynamic decrees—if you call to your I AM Presence for the inner heart contact with your twin flame. You can make the following invocation:
“In the name of the Christ I call to the blessed I AM Presence of our twin flames for the sealing of our hearts as one for the victory of our mission to humanity. I invoke the light of the Holy Spirit for the consuming of all negative karma limiting the full expression of our divine identity and the fulfillment of our divine plan.”
In this way, even if you live in separate spheres, you and your twin flame can unite spiritually on higher planes and direct light into your own world and the world of your twin flame for the balancing of mutual karma.

This inner contact magnifies the light and attainment you each have and releases the awesome power of the polarity of your love, enabling you to stand strong against the conflicts that inevitably come to the door of all who would defend love.

Inspired by the grandeur of eternal love, artists, writers, and composers throughout the ages have expressed both love’s exalted heights and tragic depths. In many of their masterpieces, we can sense an inner understanding of twin flames, their love for one another, and their encounters with karma and cosmic law.

Elizabeth Clare Prophet has interpreted several famous operas from the perspective or the twin flame spiritual relationship. Although some of the arias and duets give us a glimpse of the majestic love of twin flames, these stories often end in sorrow, tragedy, or death because one or both of the lovers fail a test of personal mastery—having not yet sealed their own individual path in God.

Last edited by Phaedron : 13-12-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 13-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedron
Twin flames are supposed to come together for a deeply spiritual purpose.

A soulmate is just someone you knew in a past life, not even necessarily a past mate. A soulmate can be your complete and polar opposite, but a twin flame should fit together like two pieces in a 10 billion piece puzzle.

I agree with this.
Old 13-12-2010, 02:17 AM
Master
Some soul mates have the depth and transforming power that people often associate only with twin flames.

This is my own experience from having both.

Xan