Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-03-2019, 05:05 AM
Seeker

Demons who rebel against their own kind

You've heard that Satan and demons are rebelling against God?
But, what if a demon rebels against its Dark lord?
Since rebelliousness is in their nature, wouldn't some demons eventually rebel against their own kind?
Or are demons just smaller manifestations of a greater conscious force, and therefore wouldn't have the capacity to rebel against itself?
Old 23-03-2019, 06:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewdiepie
Since rebelliousness is in their nature, wouldn't some demons eventually rebel against their own kind?
Or are demons just smaller manifestations of a greater conscious force, and therefore wouldn't have the capacity to rebel against itself?
You will never find two demons who will agree on anything really. Orders don't come directly from the Dark Lord...they get passed down a chain of command, with the end result resembling a game of "Chinese Whispers"...you want me to do WHAT?!?!?!

As for "doing good vs doing evil"...that is in the eye of the beholder. A demon can do the greatest good...go against "orders", but if it is done for selfish motives; eg "maybe humans will give me a break and treat me a bit better despite my demonic nature if I do this good deed" then it is still an evil act...an evil act with good intentions...stuff that the road to Hell is paved with.

Most often, demons rebel through non cooperative apathy ie, "what did your last slave die of? oh wait, we are immortal...so what you gonna do?" Some get punished by being tortured constantly and weigh up the trade off for telling the "higher ups" to go shove it.

We should form a union...
Old 23-03-2019, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
What you describe is similar to freedom itself and the capacity of life to change and move forward. We are no different from the demons then. The capacity to ''rebel'' is chaos itself which thankfully exists or we'd live in a perfectly orderly but totalitarian world sapped of all creativity.

But yes, if we assume that there is a ''Satan'' then of course ''demons'' could make their own decisions.
Old 22-04-2019, 07:43 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

They're too evil to rebel the right way, which is total repentance and submission and obedience to God and perpetual prayer.

Which would be a way to rebel against other demons.

I recently encountered this (if I can remember it, dang just lost it)....

A tortured Saint (a victim soul) was a host for demons. Demons dwelled in the Saint (Saints do things like prayer, atonement). The demons complained that they wanted out but Jesus wouldn't allow it. They wanted out because the Saint kept going to confession every day which drove the demons mad. They complained "every day she goes to confession! We want out! We want out of this snot nose right now!" or something very similar to that.

Annoying.
Old 22-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
'Satam' was Enlil's title, in Sumerian in means 'Administrator' while Enki's title was Yahwerh. Enlil wanted to wipe out early man but Enki rebelled because he didn't want his great work destroyed. Genesis is largely a re-write of the Enuma Elish so if you're serious about understanding this have a look through the history books.

Demons didn't come into existence until much later, with the control mechanism that was the Roman Catholic church at the time. They invented demons and saints to keep people under their control and the superstitious people at the time bought into it through fear, they didn't want the bogey man to get them and the saints looked the part with armour, shields and the like.

Demons as a force of consciousness are avatars of the collective unconsciousness initially then a demonised ego, in a "The demon drink made me do it" kind of thing. Good versus evil has been around a long time, and of course there needed to be agents of both good and evil for them to happen - something needed to do both good and bad things.Really they're personifications of the human psyche.

It's nice to see some traditions haven't been forgotten.
Old 22-04-2019, 11:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
'Satam' was Enlil's title, in Sumerian in means 'Administrator' while Enki's title was Yahwerh.

Source, please? The Alternative community consensus is the exact opposite, especially based on Zecharia Sitchin's work. I've read the Enuma Elish and Gilgamesh as well as a few other translated Sumerian texts, but there is no mention of either Satam or Yahweh. The former is a Sanskrit term, the latter Hebrew, so why would they appear in much older Sumerian texts?
Old 08-05-2019, 08:12 PM
Experiencer
Well there are two kinds of demons, those who stay loyal to Lucifer/Satan no matter what, and those who only obey Lucifer/Satan when they feel like it. The latter group would rebel against Lucifer/Satan if they felt as if they had more to gain by doing so.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:17 AM
Master

Eh, I'm starting to think that Demons/the Devil are largely a myth. The gods of one civilisation become the demons of the next one when they get taken over. Happened with Baal, who became Belial or Beelzebub, depending on your source. Astarte became Astaroth and so on.

Many people on this forum report being attacked by dark entities, demons, etc..., yet, I wonder, if these are all manifestations of their subconscious in some way.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:56 PM
Suspended
Hi NoOne, I am not attacked by entities but most of the time their presence is unpleasant for me and because my presence is maybe not pleasant for them they sometimes sent humans to manipulate me, that's why I don't blame humans anymore. Btw I learned to observe in chemistry class.
I am positive about this because I am unconsciously doing a "statistical survey" in my mind about the presence of unpleasant spirits in my environment. Please feel free to scan my surroundings. btw I am still a big fan of you and please don't tackle women you are debating with too hard, it makes me sad, my apologies if I am out of line.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
Hi NoOne, I am not attacked by entities but most of the time their presence is unpleasant for me and because my presence is maybe not pleasant for them they sometimes sent humans to manipulate me, that's why I don't blame humans anymore. Btw I learned to observe in chemistry class.
I am positive about this because I am unconsciously doing a "statistical survey" in my mind about the presence of unpleasant spirits in my environment. Please feel free to scan my surroundings. btw I am still a big fan of you and please don't tackle women you are debating with too hard, it makes me sad, my apologies if I am out of line.

Well, I’ve had a few run-ins with what most people would call dark entities in the past, but not for a while now. I have several problems with validating such experiences.

First of all, they are almost always subjective. The person who interacts with such entities is usually the only one that can perceive them. There are exceptions, but not that often. With positive entities, I find that there is some sort of validation from third parties. Because they are benevolent and want to help, when you seek out their help, there is usually some measurable improvement in the life of the other person, especially when there is a medical problem, but also in other areas of life. Occasionally they might even show up in person, who will definitely perceive their presence as entirely real, even including physical touch, or those that are sensitive enough, might see them.

My other issue, is whether calling them „dark” really does them justice. I would say that whilst they are creatures of the underworld, they’re not necessarily malevolent per se. A more accurate description would be self-serving. No doubt, many encounters with such entities are real, I suspect though, that in most cases they are not. People who are simply mentally ill, report very similar experiences, which are clearly created by the mind and there is no objective, verifiable reality to them. The mind is a very powerful tool and it seems likely to me that it would manifest experiences and even entities that are reflective of the person’s state of mind. It is very difficult to distinguish genuine experiences from delusions and that is a problem.