Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Knower

soul contacts and life lessons

Hello!

Do you believe that we sign a soul contact, and choose certain life lessons before we come to earth? I keep hearing that no matter what happens in our life it is a part of our life lessons, and we have to accept it in order to become more eveloved? (even if it is the death of a relative)
Twin flames don't often incarnate together, I often read about in in the forums. When they are separated they face more difficulties, and again it helps them to become evolved.

Looks like the books: The Secret, and The Power of your Sub-Conscious Mind teach us the opposite. “Just keep your conscious mind busy with expectation of the best.” This is one of my favourite quotes. We deserve to be happy, we don't need life lessons. This is my opinion at least. I would love to hear what others think about it.
Thanks a lot!
Old 04-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Master

Yes, I do believe we have soul contacts for sure. I did incarnate with my twin and I knew him very well when I was growing up. I didnt know he was a twin til he passed away 2 years ago. He is guiding me from the other side and I have had tremendous soul growth. We are very closer now then we were when he was incarnated.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Experiencer
This is a great question.

I agree that we deserve to be happy and at first it does seem contradictory that people need to learn life lessons, many of which seem really hard and unfair, but it's really not contradictory at all!

Let me give you a metaphor: A person deserves to be healthy, but if they live a life of eating unhealthy, they can't be healthy. The person starts to feel unhealthy cause the body is signaling that something is wrong and incompatible to healthiness. The person, feeling bad, starts to exercise and eat right and with time they become healthy, thanks to the body that was signaling that it needed help.

Spiritually it's the same. People deserve to be happy, but if they do things which leads them to unhappiness things can take a bad turn, sometimes taking many lives to figure out what is keeping them from happiness. So they have to change behavior or thought patterns, learn what they are doing wrong and precisely learn how to live in happiness.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia D
Hello!

Do you believe that we sign a soul contact, and choose certain life lessons before we come to earth? I keep hearing that no matter what happens in our life it is a part of our life lessons, and we have to accept it in order to become more eveloved? (even if it is the death of a relative)
Twin flames don't often incarnate together, I often read about in in the forums. When they are separated they face more difficulties, and again it helps them to become evolved.

Looks like the books: The Secret, and The Power of your Sub-Conscious Mind teach us the opposite. “Just keep your conscious mind busy with expectation of the best.” This is one of my favourite quotes. We deserve to be happy, we don't need life lessons. This is my opinion at least. I would love to hear what others think about it.
Thanks a lot!

I think you meant to say soul contracts, this is what I understood. Have you read the book Your Soul Plan by Schwartz?
Old 04-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyana
This is a great question. Thank you! :)

I agree that we deserve to be happy and at first it does seem contradictory that people need to learn life lessons, many of which seem really hard and unfair, but it's really not contradictory at all!

Let me give you a metaphor: A person deserves to be healthy, but if they live a life of eating unhealthy, they can't be healthy. The person starts to feel unhealthy cause the body is signaling that something is wrong and incompatible to healthiness. The person, feeling bad, starts to exercise and eat right and with time they become healthy, thanks to the body that was signaling that it needed help.

Spiritually it's the same. People deserve to be happy, but if they do things which leads them to unhappiness things can take a bad turn, sometimes taking many lives to figure out what is keeping them from happiness. So they have to change behavior or thought patterns, learn what they are doing wrong and precisely learn how to live in happiness.

You are right, but I am talking about situations in which some really good people suffer. When you know for sure they didn't deserve what they went through. Telling them that it is a life lesson is not right. It is even cruel and not fair. I was told they need such lessons to 'experience new things like suffering, pain, etc. People who did something bad in their lifeis another case. I was asking about the kind ones. :)
Old 04-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I think you meant to say soul contracts, this is what I understood. Have you read the book Your Soul Plan by Schwartz?

No, I haven't. Thank you. I will check it out.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Knower
We all must experience everything. Not in one lifetime, of course, but throughout our lives. Most of what we go through has little to do with karma and more to do with just experiencing. Good people, as you state, must also go through experiences. Not all experiences are pleasant, but not all are unpleasant either. Its a journey. As Michael Newton pointed out in one of his books, "Souls that chose not to reincarnate as a spiritual path cannot understand why we choose pleasant lives when we can learn so much more from hard lives". Everyone moves at their own pace for their own reasons.

I'd second both of Robert Schwartz's books and add all of Michael Newton's books to anyone's "must" reading list.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia D
Hello!

Do you believe that we sign a soul contact, and choose certain life lessons before we come to earth? I keep hearing that no matter what happens in our life it is a part of our life lessons, and we have to accept it in order to become more eveloved? (even if it is the death of a relative

It depends, most on this board would have made some agreement or an other. Whether we or others will keep them is an other matter. After all we have free will, to a degree.
Just to get here I had to make agreements with the one who would be my mother and was my mother. And I made an agreement with the one I married, even so it was not the first "choice". (But I ow my partner a lot, I don't think I would have lasted very long in this reality, and she helped me to get where I needed to go) We often have a backup plan, depending how important it is.
Are there lessons? One could call them that. Lessons are lessons until we realize we don't need any. A little bit like what Tolle said, suffering is necessary until you realize it is not necessary.
Our emotional state is a great indicator of our state of development within this reality. The greater your emotional reactions, the more you still have to overcome.
But even if we overcome this level, this reality, our development path does not end, it merely has began.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:01 AM
Experiencer

wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPilot
We all must experience everything. Not in one lifetime, of course, but throughout our lives. Most of what we go through has little to do with karma and more to do with just experiencing. Good people, as you state, must also go through experiences. Not all experiences are pleasant, but not all are unpleasant either. Its a journey. As Michael Newton pointed out in one of his books, "Souls that chose not to reincarnate as a spiritual path cannot understand why we choose pleasant lives when we can learn so much more from hard lives". Everyone moves at their own pace for their own reasons.

I'd second both of Robert Schwartz's books and add all of Michael Newton's books to anyone's "must" reading list.

Could it be about karma in the past and/or future and/or past & future existences?
Old 05-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
It depends, most on this board would have made some agreement or an other. Whether we or others will keep them is an other matter. After all we have free will, to a degree.
Just to get here I had to make agreements with the one who would be my mother and was my mother. And I made an agreement with the one I married, even so it was not the first "choice". (But I ow my partner a lot, I don't think I would have lasted very long in this reality, and she helped me to get where I needed to go) We often have a backup plan, depending how important it is.
Are there lessons? One could call them that. Lessons are lessons until we realize we don't need any. A little bit like what Tolle said, suffering is necessary until you realize it is not necessary.
Our emotional state is a great indicator of our state of development within this reality. The greater your emotional reactions, the more you still have to overcome.
But even if we overcome this level, this reality, our development path does not end, it merely has began.

I don't believe that lessons can really change someone. I know a few people who no matter how many times incarnate here with different and unplesant lessons they will still be the same. I strongly believe that some are born evolved, wise, kind, etc, while others are not. ''Suffering is necessary until you realize it is not necessary''-that's what I think too. Maybe lessons is just a choice? Some take them if they want to, while others simply don't have to go through any lessons at all.