Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 28-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
starnight1: If "Source" is not a "being", but we r a "being", and we came from "Source", then...?
my feeling is that we honor Source with our being.
Source is the life-spark energy that flows into and through us.
by minimizing 'resistance' to the flow, we enable Source to experience itself
more clearly.
we (beings) are the conduit for the energy exchange -- we are the pathway,
the journey of Source energy from and back to itself.

it's mysterious. & wonderful.
Old 30-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
And just as we are talking about the semantics of how we poetically use the words "journey" and "exploration" I feel that being Awake is a perpetually blooming and blossoming of the flower of Awareness and Consciousness as oppose to a single "bloom and we've arrived" type of thing. We don't simply "arrive" but continue to arrive, is arriving, and has arrived, and has always arrived ALL at the same time. Sort of like the journey is the destination is the journey is the destination type of thing. It's Eternal, Fresh, and Infinite, it IS US.
How amazing it is if we can be there,
It reminds me of a quote " We r all already buddhas."
Old 30-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Master
Perhaps if one arrived there , there will no longer as "one" ......there is nothing , all is back into nothing ......
Old 30-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Master
I have heard somewhere that there is perhaps a distinction between "no thing" and "nothing." :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 30-03-2016, 04:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by starnight1
How amazing it is if we can be there,
It reminds me of a quote " We r all already buddhas."

Perhaps We are Buddhas playing a massive role playing game in a matrix we call living life. It's the ultimate simulation game and once we awaken to the fact, we are free to access all the cheat codes! ^_^

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 30-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
I have heard somewhere that there is perhaps a distinction between "no thing" and "nothing." :)

It's pretty common when somebody reads a Zen or Taoism quote about nothingness or no-thing or some statement like.... You need to let go of everything, be empty, don't sit and think, just sit...they immediately go to "Oh you are like a drooling vegetable!" In fact, that has been said in this thread somewhere.

That mindless zombie concept comes up if you mention the idea of dropping teachers and teachings too. Just being in the moment free of opinion and belief.

But really, dropping all the mind stuff and being free of it as you meet life takes a lot of awareness. It is not like being a drooling zombie at all. You have to question stuff we never question. You have to question what is in your mind right now and ask yourself why it needs to be there. It's there because you never questioned it. You were in a type of habitual state. So really "nothingness" is the exact opposite of what people conceptualize it as. It is being more awake and aware.

I think nothingness and no-thing actually is a certain kind of on-going constant response to things. Instead of just accepting the thoughts in your mind, you question them and thus can drop them, you get a higher perspective over them... but it's ongoing. It's like exercising a muscle, you keep "flexing" to stay in this awake state where you are aware of arising thoughts and you then change how they affect you.

I guess advanced people who are able to reside in this state permanently. name it no-thing or nothingness as a way to describe it to people who let their consciousness be fixated on "things" or thoughts.
Old 31-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Master
Nothingness=emptiness.

It is not a questioning of ones thoughts. That is still dualistic in nature and not what the Buddha was talking about.

The first time someone tends to experience this is during meditation. When you are truly in the present moment and not grasping after thoughts they become energy. It is called Nirvikalpa Samadhi and is a very advanced state of Samadhi.

You become that energy and in that moment realize that you and everything are like clouds. They seem to have form but are really empty, just energy.

With greater depth one begins to experience that energy flowing through them 24/7. You can learn to reside in that energy and experience oneness/emptiness of that which is around you.

With increased depth from there you become one with that energy. You are the flow, the Dao. You can just be without thoughts as that which is flows through.

In Dzogchen that is called Rigpa.

When in conversation you still have thoughts you just let them flow, one is not lost daydreaming, you are just letting them arise from the silence from within.

This has been my experience anyways.

Hope this helps,

Tom
Old 31-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Nothingness=emptiness.

It is not a questioning of ones thoughts. That is still dualistic in nature and not what the Buddha was talking about.

Yes that's right. But I think the questioning of one's thoughts leads to it. Maybe a better way to put it is, "being aware of what one's attention is on" because most of the time we are not really aware that what our attentions are on or that fact it can be changed. We are unaware that our attention is habitually on some idea from the past. Really the option to not have the attention on the past is not available until we notice that's where our attention is.