Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Master
Debate with " teacher" or " Master" of Buddhism

Dear all , I am CSEe , 44 years old Male Chinese Malaysian married with one daughter . Sincerely I am very interested to learn more on Buddhism before I die . Since aged ten , I suffered extreame fear on death and from my self exploration lead me to understanding of Buddhism ....now I feel more relax less fear on death but I really hope to learn more before I face my own coffin and perhaps I could share my understanding with my daughter so that she will be less suffering on fear of sickness , old age and death .

Understanding on Buddhism perhaps is easy but realization , accepting it seems impossible to acheieve therefore I sincerely looking forward for serious discussion with any " teacher" out there .

I had tried many way , on internat , by direct conversation even by letter but until now I have not found any master that willing to discuss / debate with me but rather choose to teach me . They just want me to follow them and refuse to discuss .
Perhaps I am nort easy to be convinced .......moreover I am of the opinion Buddhism is NEVER involve any teaching rather to continue learning to understand / accept own self .
I truely interested to learn others realization / insight so that perhaps it can be factor to my realization ......so if any teacher / master out there that willing to sincerely discuss please reply or email me at [email protected]
Thks
CSEe
Old 14-07-2012, 03:45 AM
Rin

OK, let's start from where you are now. What spiritual philosophy, or religion do you have affinity at the moment?
Your interest in Buddhism is future orientated, what is your past and present orientation?
Old 14-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Excellent, I will be following this thread, also.
Thus, posting to get notifications and bringing this up for more to see.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
OK, let's start from where you are now. What spiritual philosophy, or religion do you have affinity at the moment?
Your interest in Buddhism is future orientated, what is your past and present orientation?

Hi Rin , I am in Malaysia and I never had any common sense with religion...any religion . I found Buddhism as said to be introduced by Mr Siddharta fit my common sense .
I never regard Buddhism is a religion .
Thks
CSEe
Old 14-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Master
I really hope to have a great learning process here by discussion with you all and many people will provide many awareness / insight perhaps different realization that could be the factor that change the way I think .
Buddhism to me is all about learning from own self and others so by dis-agreement , debate I will 'push' or " being push" to explore "myself'.....and it always be a great learning source .

You have your insight / awareness or realization that could be my factor to change and advance to greater realization....so joint in let discuss .

There is a topic which I discussed in other Buddhism website but being banned by moderator that I hope we can discuss here ......." Can any one teach Buddhism? "......I really cant find any reason or common sense that anyone could teach Buddhism including Mr Dalai Lama EVEN for Mr Siddharta himself but I am of current view that Buddhism is all about learning . All being regardless their nature is a great " teacher" to me but NO ONE can never understand other and " teach" them Buddhism.....someone wish to share views ?
Thks
CSEe
Old 14-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Quagmire

I love to share my views but have never dwelled in Buddhism. I have had a past life as a silent monk in Japan where it was all about balancing light and dark, the Yin Yann energies. It was also about balancing your chakras and increasing your life energy by raising your relationship with the Chi energy. Besides that I am mostly Pagan and receive my knowledge straight from the Ancient deities rather than books. If there is anything you can use me for feel free to test me
Old 16-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Master
So I am in current opinion that Buddhism cant be taught so anyone / any 'teacher' believe that buddhism can be taught and willing to discuss with me ?

thks
CSEe
Old 16-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Master
No it cannot be taught, it can only be pointed to, you must realize it for yourself, and in that realization you will know what Buddhism is, but you will never be able to explain it, or conceptualize it.
Old 16-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Sybilline

Hello CSEe,

I would really love to help you but you probably know more than I do about Buddhism and its principles. Any Buddhist Temples where you are at? There is one in my country, that's where my mother used to go, she once took home a book on Buddhism from that Temple, it was Chinese on the pages on the left and English on the opposite pages. I think it's a great place to start... Then maybe you can meet people there who might help you look for a monk/master...
Old 16-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
No it cannot be taught, it can only be pointed to, you must realize it for yourself, and in that realization you will know what Buddhism is, but you will never be able to explain it, or conceptualize it.

Agreed .Buddhism to me is a PROCESS to know , to experience leading to accept own self / purity so is always about own self .

But I am here to explore any different views in order for me to advance to greater realization , therefore dis-agreement is much needed here .
Thks for expressing your views .
Regards
CSEe