Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 30-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Knower

woops double post
Old 30-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Knower

Oh yikes sorry you all I don't mean anything bad towards china; I had no problem buying it from china; just saw several videos of people complaining about smelt being sold as real quartz from china...so yes paranoid. I am not prejudiced; but china is a leading country of technology; including technology designed to mimic nature. I do not resonate with glass energy unfortunately; just in personal experience, but to be honest I don't connect with alot of crystals either including the very popular lapis lazuli; I just can't sense it; it has to be powerful for me to pick up crystal energy...I don't think many people would not be happy purchasing a quartz crystal and recieving glass; I would return it and that would take alot of time, but I think it's beautiful if you can appreciate the simplicity of glass; I admire that. I personally don't believe the energy held in glass manufactured to scam people would be high vibration energy though. Anywho I believe it's real now or am convinving myself I'll hold faith in that; the seller was very kind and seems honest and I'm going to trust my initial gut that said to get it and the people who say it looks real to them. Sorry for my paranoid fit seemingly bashing chinese goods; probablly most goods I own are from China so nothing personal.

Agreed fairy; I don't think I've ever had a quartz without rainbows; I look for them specifically :)

For energy cleansing I like to take crystals into the tub with me along with epsom salts; flower petals; and essential oil along with some guided meditation music is just perfect; I suppose it's weird but I love it and helps me connect with my crystals as I energetically feel that I'm cleansing them and myself at the same time. :P Water cleansing is my favorite; sad selenite or malachite or the pyrite can't see water :'(
Old 30-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Master
I don't think you suggested anything bad towards China or Chinese at all.
And neither have I, don't get why all of a sudden this has to be an issue to be honest. When people are exchanging info and experiences, what's wrong with that? I HAVE had fakes from China, as a matter of fact. I've had very few fakes, but the ones I did have all came from Chinese sellers.
I've also had very good experiences with Chinese sellers. Fact remains that to my experience -and I have a great many crystals- I've never gotten fakes from elsewhere. I have gotten my money back when I called them out on it. They have to cos otherwise Ebay interferes. Ebay doesn't want any bad stuff going on, which is why I like it so much :) That's why I never had much problems with buying from China since I know Ebay is safe.

Also, if you had doubts about the Chinese and thus asked here, what's wrong with that? That's why we have a crystal forum here, don't we? To ask for advice so we feel more comfortable or know better what we should heed.

As for your crystal, follow your intuition. It called you for a reason! Hope you will get it soon so you can hold it and feel it.
Old 30-05-2018, 10:48 PM
Experiencer
Just to be clear, I did not suggest the poster said negative towards Chinese, but the fact that we are talking about videos saying never buy Chinese does suggest there is in fact a negative context around this subject. There seems be be a general perception towards Chinese crystals with many people online/videos/bogs but personally I think it's a way that some people justify spending more from some other country for the same chemical makeup. I was referring to the general perception and not paperw1ngs personally. However I do believe saying Chinese crystals are low vibrational does verge on the edge of saying negative, no ?

I too like sharing experiences and opinions, which is why I am writing now. I would like to share my positive experiences with Chinese sellers, so others are not persuaded to discount the opportunities available there.

This is not an issue all of a sudden, this is a constant theme on this fourm and I feel I have to defend my Chinese friends constantly.
Old 31-05-2018, 01:45 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
....However I do believe saying Chinese crystals are low vibrational does verge on the edge of saying negative, no ? ....
If it is true for whatever reason it is not anything but a description of characteristics and does not necessarily have anything to do with the government or the citizenry as you seem to feel it automatically implies.
Old 31-05-2018, 01:54 AM
Master
The reason it is an issue, here at this forum as well as others- not only on spiritual topics mind you, there are rock hounds and enthusiasts as well, is not because of a couple youtube video posted by what I'd personally perceive as prejudice folk. It is an issue because this is what is actually at this time going on in our world around us.

It is also an issue because people are shelling out their hard earned cash for a product.

It is also an issue because fake products are being advertised as real products. There are laws in many countries or at least here in the USA enforced against false advertising.

It is an issue because it is a very real principle- selling a fake of something to another while advertising it as real- that's lying. Lying is not only a world issue but a spiritual issue.

It actually is an issue because people have found some- probably not all, and some does not necessarily mean a lower percentage either- sellers from China selling fake stones, while advertising them as real.

In other words what the original poster was saying I found in no way by verily reading her words and concerns dogging China or racist in any way shape or form. What she did was to tell the truth- That she is aware this type of false marketing is going on from sellers within this country, which when all is said and done and we pay attention to the current events going on in the world around us- this has been in fact found true.

In other words- it is an issue. It is falsely claiming something to be real when it isn't, and lying to consumers- whom are paying for these things with their own money they've worked for.

The country itself or the Chinese people are not the issue themselves. It isn't about a person's race, or country, it's about a person's lies.

It's a moral issue. And imo it is a big thing actually.

The moral issue that is, I didn't think the original post, to offensive in the least.

Some of us have had good experiences buying from China, while others have not. Many have found some products they purchase to be fake.

Why should stating the truth be taken as an offense against a country or people? When it isn't meant that way, but is rather an honest statement, like Fairy Crystal said, about a person reading this and becoming worried?

I like to buy stones closer to their country of origin. I don't consider buying from China. I don't buy online often anyway, if I did, I'd try locally for stones. Is that offensive or racist to anyone? It isn't. By locally I mean state- as I have interest in local stones. If I am buying online and it isn't a stone, I am more inclined to buy something from within my country, than another country. That doesn't make me prejudice. Especially considering my actual reason is if I can get something within my country it'll simply take less time to arrive, ship. That's all.

And if I do really want something from another country? I'll buy it.

But would I rather have real stones than something false? Well yes actually I would.

This is only my opinion by the way. Like I said I do not like to shop online most of the time.

I like to look in my area for naturally occurring stones, I've found even drab, local, run of the mill sedimentary stones to have unique energy- much of it very positive, or I like to go out and shop at local stores.

I'd prefer the adventure, the ability to hold something in my hands before I buy it, in store I know exactly what I am getting, and just like I said the plain fun of a small shopping adventure. I actually don't go shopping a lot so I may as well enjoy it.

I adult too much.

I feel it is an issue, but not of prejudice, rather an issue of falsehoods.
Old 31-05-2018, 04:13 AM
Knower

"However I do believe saying Chinese crystals are low vibrational does verge on the edge of saying negative, no ?"

I don't think anyone said this here...I said that glass manufactured to replicate quartz for the intention of scamming people wouldn't be of high vibration. I said this because a poster was saying even if it was glass, glass can have good energy. I suppose crystal energy aside you can choose how to feel about any object you hold. Unfortunately I am not spiritually advanced enough to see beyond the negative in false advertisement and overpriced glass. lol I get what she was saying though; sea glass is beautiful and can hold good thoughts if that's what you're drawn to; I do find it nice.

Anywho; I'm open to buying from anywhere unless I find it is produced in a terrible way (like factory farmed animals; no offense to anyone who purchases) but when it comes to crystals; I buy local, I buy crystals mined near cities I love because I love that city's energy, I collect crystals off the beach; I buy from overseas. I just love crystals. :P I just don't like false advertisement. And I like to keep my eyes open to not be scammed; some shifty people out there yes, in every country. XD Alot of good people too of course. Just trying to not be too trusting because there's honestly no denying there's a pretty big market for fakes in china; that's too be expected though as it's also the leading manufacturer in pretty much everything. Alot of real crystals there too. I'm not really talking on individuals more on big business; big business in most all countries (including the us) care more about profits than people imho...each country is dealing with their own issues and strengths.

But yeah thanks so much for the people who've chimed in I feel more confident it is real; not certain but feeling good now; I just got paranoid for a min there and was worried seeing as the shop sold smelt as well, then looking up vids of smelt=paranoia and how unique the crystal looked to me seemed unusual to me. I do see similarities with it and other quartz varieties; I'm honestly a complete newbie to clear quartz and wanted a more expert opinion :P
Old 31-05-2018, 05:34 AM
Experiencer
Hi Paperw1ings ! It was not you but another member that has kept referring to low vibrations on Chinese crystals. I hate to argue with anyone ( she's great and I have gotten good info/advice from her before ) but I fail to see how a crystal with identical chemical properties can be of lower value just because it comes from a certain country.

As for your original post, I was simply trying to " back you up " by saying I think it's real and not to worry about some silly youtube video. I never once thought you were racist, and I never thought anyone here was racist, just simply that there is some prejudice many people have towards buying from China. I guess it's natural in some ways, because everyone knows China sells lower quality furniture, clothing and electronics, but when it comes to crystals, these are made by mother nature not man, and mother nature does not care about borders or race.

Hi Saturninepluto ! You can buy local all you want ! That's very nice. I don't know anyone who would call that racist or offensive.

"The moral issue that is, I didn't think the original post, to offensive in the least."

Neither did I, I just don't like the perception that China is full of fakes and scammers. Just wanted to address the video thing and put her mind at ease.

"Why should stating the truth be taken as an offense against a country or people? When it isn't meant that way, but is rather an honest statement, like Fairy Crystal said, about a person reading this and becoming worried?"

I never stated that these scammers didn't exist, simply that you can find great sellers there and not all vendors should be painted with the same brush. It is the person's worry that prompted me to respond in the first place.

"The country itself or the Chinese people are not the issue themselves. It isn't about a person's race, or country, it's about a person's lies "

Couldn't agree more ! Liars come from all countries. That's the whole point I was trying to make

As Fairycrystal stated, if you deal with a reputable site like Ebay, they will refund your money if you get scammed or a fake or something of the like. I have seriously bought from dozens of Chinese vendors and only 1 possibly tried to scam me. I simply got my money back and never bought from that particular vendor again. Most have been excellent. I have got so many beautiful crystals at great bargains, it makes me sad to think someone would miss out on these opportunities because of some negative impression or opinion.

I am sure some have had negative experiences, and I don't want to discount that. But others like myself have had phenomenal experiences and it might be good for people to hear that side as well. It reminds me of a recent conversation at work. Most people I have talked to have had excellent experience with Amazon and more bad experiences with Ebay, but for me, I have had way more bad experiences with Amazon and mostly excellent experiences with Ebay. Everyone has different experiences and opinions, which is what make this forum so fun and valuable.
Old 31-05-2018, 06:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Posted by Crystal canuck:

As Fairycrystal stated, if you deal with a reputable site like Ebay, they will refund your money if you get scammed or a fake or something of the like. I have seriously bought from dozens of Chinese vendors and only 1 possibly tried to scam me. I simply got my money back and never bought from that particular vendor again. Most have been excellent. I have got so many beautiful crystals at great bargains, it makes me sad to think someone would miss out on these opportunities because of some negative impression or opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I actually was not disagreeing with anything you brought up either. You make a very valid point, people should in the end study, research, and then decide for themselves whom they are buying from. And should not shy away from China- simply because they read what someone else says. The idea would be to simply be cautious, then decide for ourselves. And it isn't just China either like paper said. If a local store within my own country sold me a fake for far too much of a pretty price for my taste I'd legitimately be just as upset. It isn't the country like I said. It is the "I have been lied to". I personally have learned through past betrayals in this lifetime, that the feeling of being lied to, isn't pleasant. It is sad. You start to sense when someone is, and come to find later you were right. I've learned valuable lessons. It does not however, make disappointment sting any less.

And you are right about ebay. It is great for a seller/ buyer base website as like you said, the site will get involved, which I tend to feel we do need more honest business.

I was not really actually responding to your post or implying at all that you think or otherwise view the op as prejudice at all.

I do apologize if you feel that I was implying that in any way. I was not. I have seen many of your posts and discussions here with others, and have never seen anything of the sort from you as a member here, so did not mean to give the impression that I think that of you or anyone else here in any way.

I was more responding to the question of well what is the issue?

Well there is an issue, but like I had said, with those whom are writing and video posting about fakes being sold from China- I've not seen any of these videos myself- from what I take from that is simply this is happening.

In the end I feel it is a moral issue- not only in China, but everywhere. False advertising too has in fact occurred here in the US. On numerous occasions I am sure.

As far as buying something from China, if I liked the item enough I would, but I am not the type to if I liked the product in the first place to get too frazzled if it isn't exactly real. I'd acknowledge there was a reason I purchased it to begin with. If I did found myself displeased I'd simply request a refund, as naturally I would have gone to ebay.

As far as your stones, I have seen some of the photos here in this forum, and they are very very lovely.
Old 31-05-2018, 06:35 AM
Experiencer
Hi Saturninpluto ! I am Sorry, you might be right about me implying that the post was directed towards me, which I thought maybe because I was the one defending Chinese vendors in general. I agree with you too in all aspects of what you are saying about fakes, and yes I hate fakes too and of course we all work hard for our money.

Thanks for the compliment about my crystal collection As you know I am into the large specimens. I would buy local if it was feasible, but my local shops never have any cool large specimens. When they do, it's something common like amethyst or quartz, which I can get at a fraction of the price online from China. I am not opposed to buying from other sources. I have purchased Rose quartz, Calcite and Kyanite from U.S.A, and fluorite from Mexico, but yes, China is a wealth of Quartz, agates, fluorite, tourmaline and others, and sellers from China even sell other sourced stones such as Jasper and Labradorite which actually don't come from China, but like I said Chinese love crystals and will " deal " in other non local crystals. Even though I live in Canada it was cheaper to get labradorite from China.

My wife is into tourmaline huge, and sometimes I have to source the high quality ones from places like Pakistan and Afganistan, so buying local is just impossible. My wife does however have several Ammolite specimens which is extremely local