Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Knower
Angel1 How old are we in the afterlife?

I've heard different things from numerous sources regarding your age and the afterlife. Some believe that whatever age you are at death, that is the age you will be in the afterlife. Others say that we will all be an "ideal age," perhaps early 30s, the age of Jesus at the crucifixion. I also have heard that you can simply choose any form you wish. If you want to be 30 one minute you can, then change back to being 45 at any time.

The spirits I have seen had the same appearance before they died. Perhaps to avoid confusion, they did not appear as a younger version of themselves? There may be some limitations in the afterlife in terms of communicating with the living. But I think we're capable of so much more over there, and changing age forms shouldn't be out of the question.

I'd love to be 30 forever in the afterlife. That would be so cool.
Old 22-05-2018, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator
I have heard from those who have more experience with me about the afterlife that because it is a timeless "energy" dimension, we can create exactly what we wish as far as our personal appearance goes. That some who cross over don't find out that "knack" for a little while so may appear as they were when they crossed over. But that may have a lot to do with how attached they are to their personal form and its shortcomings.
Someone for instance who tells themselves that they can't walk because they have arthritic hips....may possibly enter the next world hobbling about for a little while, until they learn that they don't have to be attached to those old achy hips any more!
Even just an out-of-body experience can show us our actual energy is not a lot to do with what the body is going through. For instance, you can go out with an arm ache and your arm is just fine once you are out of body. People who are blind can often see when out of body -and so I presume they will be able to do when they permanently leave their bodies (unless they are energetically attached to not seeing!)

So -as for "age" -they will find out they can be creative with that I think and will usually choose a good time of life to represent their image there.

I dreamed of my mother after she had passed, and she looked about 40 or maybe a bit younger, and was wearing a beautiful floral 1950s dress.

My dog was at her fittest and best -no sign of weakness or illness. Hard to gauge the "age" image with a dog, but her normal energetic healthy self.

I think it's about learning how to shed the physical hindrances that might tie us to age or infirmity while we lived in a body. For some it comes naturally, for others they may take a little while to learn how to do it...

And shapeshifting....well that is another thing that some have fun with there, so I hear!

Oh but....some may at a later date appear to a Medium and in order to identify themselves to family members may appear briefly as they were when ill or aged towards the end of their physical life.
Old 27-05-2018, 06:13 PM
Master

Actually your soul is ancient. It's your body you are changing; from a 30 year old, to a 60 year old, to a overweight person, to a beautiful 20-something year old. The soul, however stays the same.
Old 27-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Master

I believe your question reflects our "Earth centric" perspective as physical beings. When "seeing" the departed, WE perceive them with physical attributes. This isn't an attribute of the departed, but an illusion of the observer.

Function of your beliefs and of your attachment to the life just ended, when you die you might have some lingering interest and memories about what you left behind, for a while. But, you're not the one you died, and you eventually feel waking up.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:06 PM
Guide

I’m going to say we are timeless....since age is based on time, and time does not exist. Can you measure energy, or give it an age? Probably not. I agree with Tobi on the oat above.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:27 PM
Master
What we are at our core is definitely timeless, and time is measured differently in other
realms than it is here in this human life. Some realms are timeless and some have a
temporal existence like here on Earth. So it depends on what realm you may end up in
after physical human death.

Notwithstanding, our body is but a suit of clothes, a covering, for our deeper self,
soul if you will, and after human death we may, or may not get a new body,
a new set of clothes. In some realms you are totally naked, existing only as pure consciousness,
or energy, while in other realms you might fly with a body like an angel. An in other
realms you might be grounded with your body, similar to having a human body here on Earth,

Your body will always be similar to the composition of the realm where you dwell; like here on
Earth our physical body is two thirds water like the earth. In a realm of brilliant light your composition
of your outer being will be similar to that light, etc. But I also embrace that in some realms, as have
been already mentioned, we get to create whatever kind of body we want.

Understanding that a person who in human life was totally blind, or had lost a leg, etc., does not
need to be blind or have the lost of a leg in the afterlife. How old we are is only relevant in a place
that has a temporal existence.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozniack
I've heard different things from numerous sources regarding your age and the afterlife. Some believe that whatever age you are at death, that is the age you will be in the afterlife. Others say that we will all be an "ideal age," perhaps early 30s, the age of Jesus at the crucifixion. I also have heard that you can simply choose any form you wish. If you want to be 30 one minute you can, then change back to being 45 at any time.

The spirits I have seen had the same appearance before they died. Perhaps to avoid confusion, they did not appear as a younger version of themselves? There may be some limitations in the afterlife in terms of communicating with the living. But I think we're capable of so much more over there, and changing age forms shouldn't be out of the question.

I'd love to be 30 forever in the afterlife. That would be so cool.

I think it comes down to which level of consciousness you were at when you died. For some people they will have no control in the afterlife. For some they will be able to shape their environment at will, including the form they manifest in.

also from what I hear from spiritual masters, those who are dead and communicate with the living are usually from the lower eschelons of consciousness. In other words, people in the higher realms of consciousness after death are doing better things that trying to communicate with the living. There are a few thought who are highly evolved (like buddhas and boddhisatvas) who seek to help the living.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Guide

What just came to me as I was reading this is that my soul is a small ball of light that's hot to the touch. This made me laugh, not sure why it would be hot to the touch as I doubt any of the human senses would be on the other side.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly
What just came to me as I was reading this is that my soul is a small ball of light that's hot to the touch. This made me laugh, not sure why it would be hot to the touch as I doubt any of the human senses would be on the other side.
Our senses go deep within us and they do exist on the other side, only the dynamics are different.
Seeing without a human body is a lot more vivid and dynamic than seeing through physical eyeballs
from within a human body. This is true of all of our senses.

We have outer sight and we have inner sight, we can feel with our hands and we can feel with our heart,
all of our senses go beyond this physical world but they take on different characteristics outside of our
human body than they were in our human body. One might say that outside of our human body our senses
take on awesome characteristics.

As far as what we call “soul,” that is the eternal fire, the eternal flame that burns within us. It is the fire
which melts away the dross in our life and purifies us. A fire that transforms us and will only burn us if
we resist. In my experience it is nether hot nor cold but it is made from the fabric of overwhelming,
intoxicating, unconditional love, or incredible unfathomable bliss. An it also has other wonderful
qualities that are beyond words and thoughts.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I have heard from those who have more experience with me about the afterlife that because it is a timeless "energy" dimension, we can create exactly what we wish as far as our personal appearance goes. That some who cross over don't find out that "knack" for a little while so may appear as they were when they crossed over. But that may have a lot to do with how attached they are to their personal form and its shortcomings.
Someone for instance who tells themselves that they can't walk because they have arthritic hips....may possibly enter the next world hobbling about for a little while, until they learn that they don't have to be attached to those old achy hips any more!
Even just an out-of-body experience can show us our actual energy is not a lot to do with what the body is going through. For instance, you can go out with an arm ache and your arm is just fine once you are out of body. People who are blind can often see when out of body -and so I presume they will be able to do when they permanently leave their bodies (unless they are energetically attached to not seeing!)

So -as for "age" -they will find out they can be creative with that I think and will usually choose a good time of life to represent their image there.

I dreamed of my mother after she had passed, and she looked about 40 or maybe a bit younger, and was wearing a beautiful floral 1950s dress.

My dog was at her fittest and best -no sign of weakness or illness. Hard to gauge the "age" image with a dog, but her normal energetic healthy self.

I think it's about learning how to shed the physical hindrances that might tie us to age or infirmity while we lived in a body. For some it comes naturally, for others they may take a little while to learn how to do it...

And shapeshifting....well that is another thing that some have fun with there, so I hear!

Oh but....some may at a later date appear to a Medium and in order to identify themselves to family members may appear briefly as they were when ill or aged towards the end of their physical life.
All of what you said makes perfect sense, especially the parts about the physical afflictions people may have in life before crossing over. I guess all of it is a learning process once we make it to the afterlife. I feel like there's a big book for us once we get over there, lol.

Shapeshifting! They really do that over there?! Cool.