Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 25-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Experiencer
Cheese can really be an addiction. That was the hardest thing for me to let go. Also you have to find plant based alternatives for the proteins and minerals.
I liked blue cheese a lot. It has that typical umami taste.

When I stopped with cheese I didn't know yet about hummus. You can buy it in many stores overhere now and in various kind of flavors. But you can just as well make it yourself. All you need is a foodprocessor. Then you can follow your own taste and spice it up just the way you like best. Also making it yourself is way cheaper then buying it in the store. You can use other beans then the original chick peas/ garbonzo beans. I often make it sweet with soybeans, hazelnuts and sugar. But I also have it savory with kidney beans, peanuts and Indian curry spices. And you can freeze it so you can save it for later use.
I think that stuff can really make you forget about the cheese. I'm completely over it.
There is a whole range of Indian curry spice mixes. I love them.
Old 26-10-2016, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator
It is wise to listen to your body Ladyrose.
Very often great guidance is given to us through our "Creature instincts", which reflect in the body, beyond our ordinary thinking.
If you are saying "No" to meat, go with it. Our vibrational patterns change sometimes and so we don't need certain things we once did need and accept happily.
Don't force yourself to eat meat if you sense your body rejects it.

I was brought up on meat. But I changed also. You can thrive on a well thought-out healthy vegetarian diet, and if you wish to go a step further....a vegan diet.
Old 26-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Master
Yes, last night I said to my body "I will not eat meat anymore" and I felt so light and tingly, I could tell my body appreciated that decision :)

Thank you foe your guidance Tobi.
Old 26-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrose92
Yes, last night I said to my body "I will not eat meat anymore" and I felt so light and tingly, I could tell my body appreciated that decision :)

Thank you foe your guidance Tobi.

One thing you have to make sure you do Ladyrose, is take a B12 supplement every day. I'm just coming to the end of about 3 weeks research on the subject and without a doubt in my mind, I can assure you that it's absolutely necessary.

And I know some folks have said you can use spirulina (a type of algae) or you can get it from nori (the seaweed that sushi is wrapped in) or some have said mushrooms will supply it, but you will find yourself with neurological damage that is permanent after a few years of relying on those sources.

And I know, many vegetarians and vegans desire to be 'purists' (all necessary nutrients can be had from a plant diet) but they are in error and not even playing Russian roulette with their health, but setting the course straight and true for trouble.

You may find that some who don't follow the same kind of diet and lifestyle will crow over your 'need' to supplement, but here's the right way to look at that issue: you are supplementing with a tiny tablet that comes without cruelty or suffering while they are supplementing at the expense of suffering and lost lives. Your way is definitely better.

Last edited by Debrah : 26-10-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 26-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Master
Ah yes I agree with you Debrah thank you for bringing this to my attention. My work involves some medical training so I speak to a lot of people that benefit from taking this. A lot of the deficency symptoms of B12 are the health issues I suffer from so I have considered taking this supplement before. My partner bought me evening primrose to help with my hormones, which I hope will also balance out with a vegetarian/vegan diet. So I will definately invest in the B12 supplement as well. I am concerned about getting all the right nutrients my body needs with a vegan diet, but I will just read more and learn about it to find a healthy balance. Sweet things are my favorite so this will be the biggest thing to change too.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:23 PM
Experiencer

You're quite welcome Ladyrose92.

Regarding the treat issue, I love potato chips and things like that, and I've learned to use the smallest little bowls instead of having the bag open in front of me. Maybe you need to buy some teeny, tiny bowls too. That might help ;-)
Old 03-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah

Regarding the treat issue, I love potato chips and things like that, and I've learned to use the smallest little bowls instead of having the bag open in front of me. Maybe you need to buy some teeny, tiny bowls too. That might help ;-)

I'll give you a different perspective from previous responses. But they're useful if you find them so.
I understand if you don't agree, but I've been through so many things my body was rejecting, including food, till I realized it was my mind who was responsible for all rejecting. Try accepting all food you eat and appreciate it. Don't feel bad for eating anything you love out of what sort ever reason you have in your mind. Transform that energy. Start with small amounts and don't eat it often. With time you'll notice your trouble with food is disappeared.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah

This is a great idea, takes away the temptation to finish them all off haha thanks again :)
Old 05-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Master
Hey Lilith,

Thank you for your view on this, I do see how my mind could be making this worse for me. I mostly feel that with higher levels of awareness, I don't feel like I want to eat any meat that has been treated badly etc and I think this is why I felt so sick straight away. But I have been eating small amounts of meat when I feel I need it, and I mostly eat fish as opposed to other meats. You are right though, if we love something, we shouldn't let our mind get in the way of that. So I feel it will be best to buy meat that I know is from a caring origin to start with and that may make it easier to digest, but I will take heed with what you say and pay attention to the role of my mind in this situation, thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith
I'll give you a different perspective from previous responses. But they're useful if you find them so.
I understand if you don't agree, but I've been through so many things my body was rejecting, including food, till I realized it was my mind who was responsible for all rejecting. Try accepting all food you eat and appreciate it. Don't feel bad for eating anything you love out of what sort ever reason you have in your mind. Transform that energy. Start with small amounts and don't eat it often. With time you'll notice your trouble with food is disappeared.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:36 PM
Experiencer
I pulver my B12 supplements and mix them through my bread dough and cake batter. That way I ensure the vitamin is chewed thouroughly before swallowing. You need that to get it bound to the intrinsic factor.

Because of my age I also use calcium supplements fortified with vit. D for better absorption in the body. I am over 50.