Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Nirvana

I seek soul absorption. I want to suffer ego death. Merge my spirit with the source, for the ultimate understanding and euphoria.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Howard
I seek soul absorption. I want to suffer ego death. Merge my spirit with the source, for the ultimate understanding and euphoria.

Soul ? Buddhism doesn't incorporate the idea of a soul Tom.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi Tom,

What practices are you doing?

What you are desiring is the end.. It is not an understanding it is returning back to emptiness, ending all suffering like a Yogi or an Arhat.

Are you maybe instead seeking Samadhi?
Old 11-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:

This might help you Tom.....

"The one thing and only one thing do I teach, suffering and the cessation of suffering". It would seem therefore that Nirvana is neither complete nothingness or existence being in the way that these words are usually used. One thing is certain though, it is not a heaven state and it is not the absorption of the individual soul into an Absolute, an idea that is more indicative of Hinduism. However, whichever way it is understood, the Buddha's saying that "Nirvana is the ultimate happiness" (nibbanam paramam sukham) makes it clear that it is a worthwhile goal. Several criticisms of the doctrine of Nirvana are sometimes expressed. If, it is asked, desire, wanting and craving causes rebirth then how could one ever attain Nirvana because in wanting to attain it one would be strengthening the very thing that prevents it from being attained? This comment fails to understand that Nirvana is not an object that one acquires by wanting and then pursuing, rather it is the state of being utterly without wanting.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Experiencer
Zen Teachings of Huang Po
- Huang Po (d. 850)

Our original Buddha-Nature is, in highest truth, devoid of any atom of objectivity. It is void, omnipresent, silent, pure; it is glorious and mysterious peaceful joy — and that is all. Enter deeply into it by awakening to it yourself. That which is before you is it, in all its fullness, utterly complete. There is naught beside.

Even if you go through all the stages of a Bodhisattva's progress toward Buddhahood, one by one; when at last, in a single flash, you attain to full realization, you will only be realizing the Buddha-Nature which has been with you all the time; and by all the foregoing stages you will have added to it nothing at all.

You will come to look upon all those eons of work and achievement as no better than unreal actions performed in a dream. That is why the Tathagata said, "I truly attained nothing from complete, unexcelled Enlightenment. Had there been anything attained, Dipamkara Buddha would not have made the prophecy concerning me." He also said, "This Dharma is absolutely without distinctions, neither high nor low, and its name is Bodhi."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Enlightenment is a destructive process. It
has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the
crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing
through the facade of pretence. It's the
complete eradication of everything we
imagined to be true.”
― Adyashanti

“The truth is that you already are what you are seeking.”
― Adyashanti

“Do not think that enlightenment is going to make you special, it’s not. If you feel special in any way, then enlightenment has not occurred. I meet a lot of people who think they are enlightened and awake simply because they have had a very moving spiritual experience. They wear their enlightenment on their sleeve like a badge of honor. They sit among friends and talk about how awake they are while sipping coffee at a cafe. The funny thing about enlightenment is that when it is authentic, there is no one to claim it. Enlightenment is very ordinary; it is nothing special. Rather than making you more special, it is going to make you less special. It plants you right in the center of a wonderful humility and innocence. Everyone else may or may not call you enlightened, but when you are enlightened the whole notion of enlightenment and someone who is enlightened is a big joke. I use the word enlightenment all the time; not to point you toward it but to point you beyond it. Do not get stuck in enlightenment.”
― Adyashanti

“The important thing is allowing the whole world to wake up. Part of allowing the whole world to wake up is recognizing that the whole world is free—everybody is free to be as they are. Until the whole world is free to agree with you or disagree with you, until you have given the freedom to everyone to like you or not like you, to love you or hate you, to see things as you see them or to see things differently—until you have given the whole world its freedom—you’ll never have your freedom.”
― Adyashanti, The End of Your World: Uncensored Straight Talk on the Nature of Enlightenment

“In the end it’s all very simple. Either we give ourselves to Silence or we don’t.”
― Adyashanti
Old 11-07-2016, 06:26 PM
Master

Nirvana is the complete surrendering to the Heart.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:

Live non-verbally. Ego cannot exist without words.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind

Interesting. It agrees with the idea that confidence is silent
Old 11-07-2016, 06:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind

Ego-motivated actions Ryan.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Ego-motivated actions Ryan.

If you got ego motivated actions, you are not living non-verbally.

Truly, ego cannot exist without words.

Do actions non-verbally.