Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Suspended
Higher brain function does not make us better...just differnt. We are one with other animals, not separate.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Higher brain function does not make us better...just differnt. We are one with other animals, not separate.

I think that's why animals heal me in my dreams. Because I like to think of myself as an animal. Not something greater than one spiritually. Equal, individual, but part of a whole system as one.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 08-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Master

Murder is concept humans came up as part of their survival. Tribes made rules about it because it was necessary. It's natural though, as far as animals killing over territory or just for food. It's just as spiritual as anything else, we just look at ir different because of our social evolution, we created the idea of 'morals'. Technically war and murder is natural as well. Have you ever heard two packs of wild dogs fight? It's terrifying and brutal. It's all spiritual to me.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Murder is concept humans came up as part of their survival. Tribes made rules about it because it was necessary. It's natural though, as far as animals killing over territory or just for food. It's just as spiritual as anything else, we just look at ir different because of our social evolution, we created the idea of 'morals'. Technically war and murder is natural as well. Have you ever heard two packs of wild dogs fight? It's terrifying and brutal. It's all spiritual to me.
Where I grew up there was a lot of open land and wildlife. Every night the coyotes would be howling. I loved it! It was music to me! As a kid I would hike right through the darkness in the middle of the night. Never had a flash light. Never thought of needing one. Lol. Sleep down by the creek. I never got afraid of the wild back then. Then later in life around 30 years old or so I was living in the sierra mountains. Previously living in a big city for years. Tryed hiking through the woods at night wasn't the same. I got scared and was wanting a flash light really bad. Lol.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 08-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Where I grew up there was a lot of open land and wildlife. Every night the coyotes would be howling. I loved it! It was music to me! As a kid I would hike right through the darkness in the middle of the night. Never had a flash light. Never thought of needing one. Lol. Sleep down by the creek. I never got afraid of the wild back then. Then later in life around 30 years old or so I was living in the sierra mountains. Previously living in a big city for years. Tryed hiking through the woods at night wasn't the same. I got scared and was wanting a flash light really bad. Lol.
I hear you. i was shocked when I first heard dog gangs fighting to the death. They make a lot of noise, it sounded like hell on earth.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I hear you. i was shocked when I first heard dog gangs fighting to the death. They make a lot of noise, it sounded like hell on earth.

Recently I was visiting my brother and he has two dogs. They are friendly and get along well. I think me being there and they hadn't seen me in quite a while,stirred them up. Cause next thing you know they were trying to kill each other. We got them apart. They were both tore up pretty good unfortunately. The good thing is 2 minutes later they were best friends. The forgiveness in animals is beyond my comprehension. They are truly amazing to me!

Wherever I May Roam
Old 29-09-2013, 07:31 AM
munched

Dear Joseph123,
I appreciate your feelings, but the assumption that "killing someone is absolutey bad" is flawed.
Also, animals don't vie for spiritual development. They can't.
Old 29-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph123
I know and understand that the true nature of human beings is love. I would have always made a similar statement about animals, given their propensity for love that is evident and because I have heard that love is their true condition, as well. Though, my conception has been troubled as I have begun to consider predatory animals. Any being killing another is certainly about the least loving act possible.

I would very much appreciate it if someone would weigh in on the matter. P.S. I would prefer if you not comment here if you are a person that does not believe that animals have souls.

Thanks

All life is at a different stage of soul evolution.

Imagine a marathon, some are racing away at the front, others are tagging along at the rear and most are battling on somewhere in the middle.

An angel is more spiritually evolved than a man, a man is more spiritually evolved than a mouse, but all three are animated by the same spirit of God.

Eventually we will reach a point in spiritual evolution, individually and collectively, when 'the lion shall lie down with the lamb'.
Such is the point and purpose of the cycle of life.

"Any being killing another is certainly about the least loving act possible."
Predatory animals are, for now at least, slaves to their nature. The biggest predator is man. We should know better and we must learn better and we will have to if we are to progress, individually and collectively.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com