Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 15-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Master

I'll pass I think on the cold showers but I do like the feeling of aching muscles plus the strange sensation of wanting to eat healthily having exercised. It quickly kicks in that your body is a machine that needs to be honoured.

That's really not normal!
Old 19-03-2013, 12:25 AM
partofme

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse lover
Standing in front of the mirror naked can be good motivation for some.

Smart goals are a good way of making progress, just make sure they are healthy and realistic. The result is the motivation.

YES! This has become my motivator.
Old 31-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Seeker

- Great stress reliever (especially martial arts which are also spiritual for me)
- Body awareness and function
- Can be lots of fun!
- Health benefits of course (Not about looks for me though)
Old 18-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Kenneath

Hi Godwin,
For motivation in exercises set realistic goals and keep your workout journal to measure your progress. Keep experimenting, add fun in your workouts and note what works for you. Stay close to people who motivates you and have a supportive system.
Old 18-06-2013, 05:34 AM
Master
Good advice Kenneath, I think when we enjoy life the most is when we are truly motivated to do anything, maybe some should find the answer to that question first.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Softkitty83

My motivation comes from working out with someone else who wants to workout. I also find I am more motivated to do the excessive in the morning.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Tara_Joy

I've often heard it said that motivation to exercise will do little without commitment, and I must agree. Commitment is a whole different level of motivation.

Before you seek motivation, it is good to really think about what type of commitment you are going to give to exercising. Make a real decision that you are going to exercise long term, not just focus on the short term. It helps me to select a reace (usually Triathlon) some months ahead. Then when I am close to that race date I select another one. For me this is the perfect mix of motivation and commitment/dedication.

Other things that help motivate me are books about inspirational athletes; The Long Run, Born to Run, a Life Without Limits, etc.

And finally, have that realization of how amazing and miraculous your body is really motivates me! Once you realize that your body can do even more than you realize, it is a huge rush of motivation!

Best of luck to all that are on a journey for better health :)
Old 01-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse lover
Standing in front of the mirror naked can be good motivation for some.

Smart goals are a good way of making progress, just make sure they are healthy and realistic. The result is the motivation.

I have a new mirror.

I am delighted that it is slightly warped and so I look THIN!!!! That's my exercise.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Knower
Early-morning run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyananda
I should go back to running, it always makes me feel better. I stopped running ever since I left school, August 10th and started working again. My job is really robbing a lot of my energy. I just feel so exhausted after work... feel sloppy... Tomorrow I FINALLY have a day off, maybe I should lace up my running shoes again after a good night's sleep.
I used to be a streak runner. My motivation was the runner's high I would get from each run, the sensation lasting for hours. I really need to get back into the routine.

Take a run in the morning, even if it's just a quick run. You'll find that you'll have even more energy for your job too! You'll feel refreshed and ready for the day after the run and a shower, and you'll have achieved something and done something wonderful for yourself/your body by the time that other people have their first cup of coffee. Try it out and see - if it doesn't work for you, by all means don't do it, but for me it did WONDERS. I should start again. Hmmmm, tomorrow morning!
When you allow yourself to flow, you allow yourself to live. When you allow yourself to be happy, you allow others to be happy around you. When you allow yourself to be whole, you help heal those around you.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Master
Locomotion is motivation ; as in, the continuing need for locomotion , and functioning of all other appendages . Aging gracefully and healthily is a part time job in itself . There's exercise, massage, stretching , icing, nutrition, and rest, and work. Then ya get up and do it all over again . Getting middle aged is not for wimps !