Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-08-2011, 12:23 PM
rajathss

Lightbulb What Is Spirituality

New Age Spirituality... Spiritual growth is the process of inner awakening, and becoming conscious our inner being. It means the rising of the consciousness beyond the ordinary existence, and awakening to some Universal truths. It means going beyond the mind and the ego and realizing who you are.

new-age-spiritual-masters.blogspot.com
Old 14-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathss
New Age Spirituality... Spiritual growth is the process of inner awakening, and becoming conscious our inner being. It means the rising of the consciousness beyond the ordinary existence, and awakening to some Universal truths. It means going beyond the mind and the ego and realizing who you are.

new-age-spiritual-masters.blogspot.com

Hi Rajathss, I like your definition of spiritual growth. That idea of "realizing who you are" is a HUGE process, a journey of lifetimes. Most of it involves getting rid of "what you are not", getting it out of the way so to speak, so that the real you can shine through the embodied you.

I'm sure you're going to get a lot of posts here. Usually people compartmentalize spirituality, as though it's a subcategory of something greater - but my definition (my teacher's) is simpler, makes more sense (to me) and I continually experience its truth - on every level of being. He has a lot to add to this but this is basically it:

Quote:
"What do I mean by “spiritual”? I mean “goodness” I mean “love,” I mean “peace,” I mean “compassion,” I mean “tolerance,” I mean the qualities that create harmony, progress and I mean by “spiritual” that there is something within us and within the Universe that is greater than us. It is the Source from which all possibilities come. Some call it “God”, some may have other names for it…science may call it “the realm of all possibilities”. We are part of “That”. . . .

. . . . Spirituality is about the essence of life itself. It is the essence of your being. It is what connects you to the Universe. It is what brings out the Light within you. It is what brings out the Love within you. It is what brings out the Peace within you. It is what makes you compassionate, kind, selfless… That is the spiritual part of you. The Spirit of the human being is that part of us where all the beautiful values (such as kindness, compassion, sensitivity and equality) are. The Source of goodness in the human being lies in the Spirit. " (Sri Vasudeva)

Everything else that gets said about spirituality is really (usually) about the "how to" part - how to realize that spiritual consciousness, to express that spiritual consciousness, to connect with that, to disconnect with whatever distracts from that etc. etc. etc. Everything else is troubleshooting (or it's splitting hairs or describing it from a non-emotional space). But our spiritual reality is so simple yet so hard to express because we carry so much baggage.
Old 14-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Master
Rajathss - I love your blogs! Have you seen this domain: http://www.gurusfeet.com/ ?
Old 14-08-2011, 02:16 PM
moke64916

Part of the Whole.
Old 17-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Tysklar

Spirituality - Is The Connection To the Divine

A desire to Know and Love who we are.
An understanding that You are not isolated.
A state of resonance in harmony with Nature.
A manifestation of inner Light.
A prayer of emotional gratitude.
...etc

In essence, a feeling to and from our heart.
For as long as your heart is in the right place, you are bless with the knowledge of Connection to Your Source.

True Spirituality defines our actions, giving rise to morality and compassion: expressions of Light.

Nurturing Loving Spirit
Old 20-08-2011, 12:52 AM
AstralWriter

Spirituality dot me

The dot me are selling fast. I own one of the best dot me keywords. Spirituality dot me is an absolute stellar site. Spirituality is a universal term. I have faith this site will land in the right hands. It will help me to fulfill a long awaited journey to realize my dream.

Visit the site to inquire about it. If Whisper dot me or clouds dot me can sell at 21k, then this site is worth much more. I will work with a serious buyer. Spirituality and metaphysical content is the best. This spirituality board is awesome! Thanks.
Old 20-08-2011, 01:31 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Spirituality is the inherent 'knowing' that we are 'parts' of a greater 'Whole', greater by the synergy of its parts.. from this inherent 'knowing', we will realize that to hurt one is to hurt all, and to help one is to help all.. we will know that cooperation builds what conflict would tear-down, and.. acknowledging the 'knowing' will inspire the search for common good among the diversity that feeds our growth and our evolving ability to redefine the next moment of 'Now' as the next more resonant and harmonious version of this Part's relationship with its Wholeness.. "As above, so below", whether Part or Whole, there is the inherent curiosity to discover our true nature, to realize our true potential..

Be well..