Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 21-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorriePaige
I don't have time to read all the posts but I'll add here I agree with you. Plus, there is a such thing as constructive criticism judging. Judging gets such a bad rap and it isn't a dirty word most people think it is.

Psychics/people with excellent instincts may not say the thoughts aloud but many of us judge constantly within ourselves because we know how people are and it's a good way to avoid spiritual, emotional and even physical harm.

I'm a huge defender of judging. It's helped to keep me away from a lot of horrible experiences in the past. It's human nature. And with a combination of using common sense, it's a wise thing to do.

I know I'm in the minority about this, but then again, I tend to go against the grain on a lot of things--lol!

To me it would be a saint who never, ever judges, just allows individuals to be themselves with no "like, dislike, indifferent" judgement; no decisions about whether to indulge the person's habits, modus operandi, etc. "Oh, right. You're a rapist. Well, I have no opinion about that or you at all...."

I have never met such an entity among humans I know and anyone with their feet on the ground who claims they never judge or feel negative when they do judge are victims of delusion....or doormats. So you judge that you like someone...? Negative? Do leave off. I have met a few who say "I don't judge but.....(predicate)". How can anyone get through the day without assessing anything?
Old 12-07-2015, 02:24 PM
nikipa

Steve Jobs said, “your time is limited so don't ever waste it living
someone else's life”.
Old 13-07-2015, 09:31 AM
Knower
Not judging others I think requires practice.There may be a few good
reasons to adopt or strive towards this mindset.
For someone aspirering to have more serenity this step is necessary,because
it frees the mind towards a higher purpose.
Old 13-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Deactivated Account
It requires zero practice you just need to say to your self "every body is fake including me"
Then you are free from judging simple now you can do something more productive with all that extra time you gained by not blaming anyone for anything.
Old 27-03-2016, 03:58 AM
Knower
"J Goldstein":https://youtu.be/_XtWV454kJY
A voice from the past,made into the present.
Old 27-03-2016, 04:28 AM
Knower
"Joel Goldsmith "be still" talk":https://youtu.be/t-sTjHkzi9g
I spelled his name wrong it's Joel Goldsmith,
I've listen to a few of his many sermons/talks these are probably
inspirational as well.
Old 27-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Ascender
I feel the ego relies on judgement and criticism to keep it alive. I think it pays to bear in mind that although we are souls having a human experience we will from time to time feed into our egos because its all part of the experience, we are however essentially not our egos and we can learn by developing a better relationship with our true selves that love in every form is always the answer
Old 27-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Tourist
Hi Robertj

I know you have your heart in the best place, but I'm just going to be the devil's advocate here for a moment...

If a person is displaying an 'unhealthy' need for approval, in your estimation, then you have already judged them to be (a) unhealthy (b) less than perfect in some way. Bottom line, you have judged them.

To add to that, praying for someone because you have judged them to be 'unhealthy' or less than perfect in some way is an action - albeit a passive aggressive action - but an action nonetheless to remedy their pre-judged imperfection.

We certainly can judge a person's behaviour to be unprofitable for your particular path, it's sensible to hold that power of discrimination, however, unless that person is causing you great harm, then perhaps it's best to accept your perceived differences and carry on with your journey. Their actions are relevant to their path. Perhaps their 'unhealthy' behaviour is a gift to you, to mirror back to you what you see flawed about yourself (?)...perhaps.

So, in general, it seems to be a sensible approach to be wise and discriminate towards certain behaviours, but perhaps it's not so wise to get too involved in another person's path.

You go very deep.
There is broader perspective, from which everything is perfect, in which we just are and do not even think, so definitions are not needed to begin with. That's why being in the now feels so good - we connect to our essence and eternalness.
When we think though, we define, we think about our strategies and plan. So when we see a dramatic person, we define him or her as such and make decisions based on that, if we want to keep in touch with that person. If we feel disgusted or angry, then we judge, I think. When we make moral value decisions, then we judge. When we make decisions simply based on wanted/unwanted plane without reducing in our minds intrinsic value of that person, is that still judgment?
Old 27-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraTherase
I feel the ego relies on judgement and criticism to keep it alive. I think it pays to bear in mind that although we are souls having a human experience we will from time to time feed into our egos because its all part of the experience, we are however essentially not our egos and we can learn by developing a better relationship with our true selves that love in every form is always the answer

We all rely on judgement to get us through a day, unless we live entirely in a social vacuum. Faced with someone accosting me in the street offering a free newspaper or a drunken diatribe, I make a judgement and act accordingly.

Old 27-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen D
"J Goldstein":https://youtu.be/_XtWV454kJY
A voice from the past,made into the present.
Someone else who knows Joel S. Goldsmith?

I never cared for his youtubes..I give his books to people instead...
the recordings are too old sounding, bad quality, imo.

Some names of his books to give people an idea of his high mission:
-Conscious Union with God
-Practicing the Presence
-Realization of Oneness
-The Art of Spiritual Healing

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru