Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 08-01-2012, 11:16 PM
The Om

Dizziness and heat

Hey
So, I used to meditate regularly, but fell out of practice since I went away to college. Its something I've really wanted to make time for, and it looks like I will be able to this coming semester. Anyhow, I've been meditating a bit on the vacation I'm on now, but have been noticing some very odd sensations. First comes the dizziness. I just get really dizzy, to the point where I have to open my eyes just to figure out where up and down are. I've also noticed some strange sensations around my neck in these moments, where it just feels like my neck is twisting and moving on its own. Its not though.
Next comes the heat. I just get really intense hot flashes once I've made it through the dizziness. I haven't really made it past that stage yet, so don't know what happens next. haha

I was wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen to them, and, if so, how were you able to work through it?

Be well
Old 09-01-2012, 12:32 AM
SFRM

I haven't been there specifically, but I can get vertigo during some meditation techniques, especially if I'm laying down. I'm learning to accept it and not fight it and just breathe. It usually goes away pretty quickly. Do you always meditate in the same spot?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 AM
The Om

Well, when I'm at home I alway sit in the same spot. I haven't found my spot in my room at college yet though.
There are times when I can breathe through it, and it passes (until the heat), but there are other moments when I actually don't know which way is up anymore. When it comes to that I can't help it, I just open my eyes.
As far as the technique goes, I'm just doing the basics: I put on some relaxing music, sit, and clear my mind. Its what I always used to do, and I never had a problem with it before.
I've had some sinus issues in the past that are pretty much solved now, so at first I thought it was something to do with that. But if it were, wouldn't I get similar sensations when going to sleep? (I don't...)

Be well
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Ludovico

Sure. I think that's considered normal in the first stages of astral projection. You should check that board since it has tons of reports like that.

I used to have those before somewhat rarely but now I'm finding it happening almost constantly when I go to sleep or stay in bed a while after waking up.

Cheers