Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-08-2017, 07:31 AM
Seeker

The Void

I need any and all information that can be found about the Void, the Infinite Mother, She who created and will consume all. I promise it's important.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Lorelyen

It's a big ask. The Kaballist would have a different view (Binah) from the Vodouisante (La Gran Maman Ezulie).

My knowledge doesn't extend to an infinite Mother who would consume all. Perhaps others can help?

Old 10-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's a big ask. The Kaballist would have a different view (Binah) from the Vodouisante (La Gran Maman Ezulie).

My knowledge doesn't extend to an infinite Mother who would consume all. Perhaps others can help?

I've been trying to think of a way...believe me!

The Void is a sphere of existence in which there is no individual identification with cognition or perception. It is a state of complete inner silence and detachment from all functions of awareness and neural process. In this state, there is total peace and calm without any knowing - other than that, it's pretty much overrated. I achieve it quite often now through trataka dharana...I'll just sit gazing at a candle flame or focusing on my breath and 3 hours passes like 3 minutes and I'm like "where did all the time go?...where was I?" and I feel very relaxed and peaceful afterwards, but it doesn't provide any lasting satisfaction...no bliss...I just get totally 'spaced out' and very tired afterwards.

The 'Infinite Mother' refers to kundalini shakti or the energy coiled up at the base of the spine (she consumes all in her path). The above practice of dharana or realising 'the Void' is a great way to wake her up and raise her to Ajna Chakra (third-eye) but that's as far as it/she goes. Even Buddha means 'Buddh' or 'mind' and becoming a Buddha means that one is still within the whole 'mind-space'. According to Patanjali, Dharana or realising the nature of the Void - opening the third eye - raising the 'Infinite Mother' up that high isn't the end. There are still two more stages to go - Dhyana, which means to externalise the whole 'Void' experience and be able to integrate it into everyday existence/awareness when one is not in the meditative state - or to make the meditative state permanent whilst still carrying on function within the world and then samadhi or the ultimate aim of total unity and achievement of objective truth, super-consciousness and then the whole bliss experience which follows.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvanta
I need any and all information that can be found about the Void, the Infinite Mother, She who created and will consume all. I promise it's important.

Did it create anything (or consume it?)
Old 10-08-2017, 03:38 PM
Ascender
There is a closed realm called the void. Never heard it referred to as the infinite mother but its nature is to constantly destroy and recreate so maybe it fits?
Old 11-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Ascender
There a place i have seen its dark there are souls there it doesnt feel very nice place
that might be the void its quite a vast place some of the souls waved out to me like a guy on a tank did i saw some cross roads there to
Old 12-08-2017, 11:36 PM
Master
i see the void as being "nothingness".
in boolean algebra, you could draw a circle around everything that is;
the void would be whatever is outside of that circle.
in an imperfect universe, the void would act as a garbage can where
anything that didn't want to experience existing could be relocated to.
some things in that imperfect universe would've been retrieved from
that garbage receptacle, since they serve a life-affirming purpose.