Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-03-2014, 12:47 AM
Knower
http://www.afterlife101.com/

Not sure if this link has been posted (it's late and I'm not reading 11 pages) but I found it quite comforting :)
Old 31-03-2014, 05:26 AM
Seeker
Those that say they are not afraid of death are liars. Fear of the unknown is a given. Now I am afraid to die a death in my sleep. I would much rather die on my feet fighting for something I truly believe in.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Knower

[quote=Revan]Those that say they are not afraid of death are liars. Fear of the unknown is a given. Now I am afraid to die a death in my sleep. I would much rather die on my feet fighting for something I truly believe in.[/

If needing to be specific, then here it goes. I'm afraid of death happening to loved ones, because well, I'm still here and they are there. When you're staring death in the face, like say, a gun pointed towards you, then there's likely to be some fear. There could/will be fear of HOW you could die. Dying in my sleep doesn't sound bad to me at all, actually. But once death actually occurs, then for some, those people will be able to move on and accept. Kind of like, well, back to where I left off. Smooth transition. As for fear of the unknown, I feel confident that I know there's something to look forward to after being on Earth. Do I know for certain? No. But from what I've read about death and the afterlife, it sounds logical to me, at least. Something to look forward to, in fact. Not a fair shake to say people who say so are liars. Unless you're a mind-reader, you couldn't know if we were.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Pathfinder
Shrug, i found Death and the journey to the afterlife somewhat exciting ...
i approached it somewhat enthusiastically as a new adventure ...
(what they call an NDE .. nothing near about it in my opinion )
still a little angry at being sent back with a task to perform , instructions or clue
cards on those tasks may have been helpful, but looking back they were there
in the pebbles on the path :)

Shalom .. Eliab
Old 07-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Most of the time I believe I am fine with my passing over from this life to the next (or even if there isn't a next...I'm fine with all possibilities), but sometimes I feel an overwhelming sadness surrounding leaving my children. Last night it came over me out of the blue before I went to bed, overwhelming sorrow, and I pray that I won't go until my youngest (13 year-old twins) are old enough to care for themselves.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:25 AM
Knower
I have read many but not all of the responses here. great thread!
I think that for many there is the fear of the unknown. For those who cannot see beyond the veil, there may be that fear. Because they do not remember what it is like. I am afraid of the "dying" process. Sometimes it can be preceded by a long and painful process. So the dying process is of concern to me. I also am concerned about the vibrational level I will be at when I leave this incarnate form I now am in. I hope my heart and mind will be on a higher level at the time of passing. Thanks for the thread <3
Old 14-04-2014, 06:41 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyj
i have studied near death experiences and they are fasinating but still they are all so different it still the unknown that your entering when you die and i would love to believe you are held and guided and that everything that happens to you in this life and beyond is for your highest good but i dont trust that i have a hard time trusting anything!
i think there are dark forces as well as good how can you be sure nothing bad will happen does anyone else worry like i do? after all no one really knows anything do we ?
Its the not knowing that gets me the most i've felt unprotected all my life and bad things have happened to me i am really like a disturbed child living in an adults body with no mother to comfort me and make it ok since this is my life state it will probally carry over and maybe be amplified in my afterlife state

We do not "enter the unknown" when we die. We enter the "unremembered". The process is easy and natural. Most of don't even realize we've crossed when it happens. As for "dark forces". Rubbish is what I say. We are all met by our guides whereupon a process of healing begins.

May I suggest to you that having good friends in the present is the best course. Be happy and free in your life. Always look for ways to help others. If you are religious listen to and practice the positive things (that are taught).

After we make the great passing over most of us find that we could have done much more to be good people while in our lives. Forget about demons and all that nonsense. Cultivate good friends now. Live the good life. Be fearless.
Old 14-04-2014, 06:56 PM
each1teach1

I'm not afraid of the afterlife because I believe that there is always a way to the light.
Although, the process of dying could be long and painful but I have faith in my strength to get through it. I believe a positive mindset can overcome pain. However in a life threatening situation, fear would naturally overcome my senses. That's my perception.
Old 14-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Mazulu

If you fear the afterlife, then you may call forth as an affirmation and a plea for help...

I call forth to me now a legion of angels of God and good to protect me and to carry me to where I am supposed to be, to a place of safety and love. Amen.
Old 15-04-2014, 07:59 PM
stephk4444

I'm terrified of the unknown but for some reason I'm not scared of the afterlife. I want to see what it's like. I would like to know now, but I want to live a full life if you know what I mean.