Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefeather
I love reading this thread so far. This question is tightly linked to the purpose of life question for me. I like to think that we are put on this planet to grow, and for that reason, there is a higher part of us that has lived many lives that chooses the life we are born into each time. That then begs the question: when was Me version 1.0 created? And did that Me version 1.0 choose the life he/she/it lived?.......... *shrug*

I don't truly KNOW any of this, of course, but it's what I am considering lately.

And once Me 1.0 is created, does it hang around for eternity?
Old 12-03-2016, 10:30 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
That then begs the question: when was Me version 1.0 created?

This reminds me of a story I read about a boy asking his father if the goldfish in a fish bowl understood the world the fish lived in.

I believe your soul is eternal. To answer "when was my soul created?" is to answer "when was my creator created? which begs the question as you suggested "when was my creator's creator created...." It's and endless loop -- a stack overflow if you will that is all consuming. IMHO - it is not really a question we as humans are capable of understanding because our bodies are bound to a three dimensional construct of linear time and space that in this material form we are incapable of physically escaping. Much like the gold fish - we are not capable of seeing the bigger picture from such a narrow perspective.

Because I believe our souls are eternal, I don't believe the soul has a beginning or ending as we understand this concept

Quote:
And did that Me version 1.0 choose the life he/she/it lived?..........

This probably depends on your worldview metaphorically speaking. I myself have settled on an understanding of a multi-incarnation cyclical process. (I don't like to use the word reincarnation because it's misleading). In any case -- God (Creator, Prime Source, Higher Self, Whatever you wish to call This) is the sum of universal experience and expression. By proxy, your soul or higher self is the sum of all incarnate experience and expression. In this understanding one need only ask themselves if the soul has free will. If this is true and I believe it is - then YES! Absolutely this is the case. But, I would encourage You to recognize that it is your soul that makes this decision -- not exclusively "spacefeather's" decision. Your experience will be added to the sum of other factors that you may or may not be aware of.

Then again - I could be completely wrong. I hope this helps

-- Peace

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 12-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Knower

Yes we did. This word and the universe is just one of the many stages of our journey towards reunification with the source.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:50 PM
Master
sorry didn't realize I said already what I just wrote down.
Old 13-03-2016, 03:26 AM
Master
I like learning about different cosmologies and looking for common themes. There are all kinds of theories about the origin of souls.
What I have learned from my teacher is that our souls have 2 subtle bodies - an active mind and a storage mind - plus the gross physical body that is only used as a vehicle for an earthly incarnation.
Other teachers say there are more bodies, but to me this is just splitting hairs.
Old 14-03-2016, 02:36 AM
Burntfruit

time is not the same in dimensional terms in the spirit worlds. But the simple answer is yes they did.
Old 25-03-2016, 04:16 AM
Suspended

I have this nagging feeling that before souls incarnate in the physical realm, these various souls make "pacts" with each other in order to teach one another for the sole purpose of each others soul evolution...clearing the lower vibration energies so we can ascend to our true selves and experience unconditional love for not only ourselves, but with others...
Old 26-03-2016, 05:32 AM
Deactivated Account
Thumbs up One consciousness

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
another BIG question..but did we exist as souls before any physical life appeared, even planets appeared??

If we did, what did we do with ourselves??
As far as I currently know (I'm not the expert), Awareness or Consciousness always was, is and will be and is the underlying, background, eternal, infinite Reality of all the illusory objects that make up a universe or even multiple universes. It's something the ordinary mind cannot grasp but Live exists prior to any object or state that it projects into apparent existence. What Life or Consciousness did with itself before projecting this universe is beyond me and yet, I am it! Maybe I slept a lot or just hung out with my self in emptiness. You are it - so what did you do? :)
Old 26-03-2016, 06:56 AM
Master

Quote:
another BIG question..but did we exist as souls before any physical life appeared, even planets appeared??

The soul in its essence is pure consciousness , which does not have a beginning or an end , as per Hinduism.

So you existed as pure consciousness at all times, irrespective of whether there was a material universe or not. Also one can take into consideration the astral universe as well, as recounted in detail in Yogananda's 'Autobiography of a Yogi' , where the astral planets and dimensions exist, wherein souls go to after the death of the physical bodies in their subtle astral bodies.

Quote:
If we did, what did we do with ourselves??

The nature of the spirit is said to be Sat-Chit-Ananda , that is, Truth-Being-Bliss. So you were in a perpetual blissful and content state .

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon