Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 07-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Lodewijkp

tryptophan and high dosages of niacin...

search for ADHD and niacin...
Old 07-06-2012, 05:33 PM
MRDazzle

Trytophan will make you sleepy and promote a calm nature but it won't help when you are trying to focus. I too agree with diet and diffusing essential oils together. Eliminating white flour and rice and maybe even gluten alltogether, can help with ADHD and even change their mood swings. See what he's allergic to, because allergies can affect your attention, nervous and cardio systems.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:30 PM
trappedinabody

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
I think the correct medication from a doctor should be given to someone with ADHD, it's a very real condition, use complementary therapies by all means if it helps and the Dr is ok with with it.
Why do people feel the need to withdraw much needed medication from their children, would you withdraw inhalers from an asthmatic child, (you'd likely be prosecuted if you did.)

the medicines doctors prescribe for this disorder are very very dangerous. you cannot compare adderol for a child with adhd to an inhaler for a child with asthma. TOTALLY different things.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Knower
I watched a clip on the news. A woman was told her son had ADHD and wanted to put him on medication. Instead she changed his diet complete, took out artificial coloring (can't remember which ones) and a bunch of other things I can't recall. Just changed the diet. Then they showed a picture of some of the child's homework before the change - sloppy, illegible, and a picture of the child's handwriting after - neat print, very legible. If I can find something about it I'll PM you if you'd like.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:39 AM
sesheta

To Daisy

I agree that there are circumstances where modern medicine definitely has its place...but we also need to remember that pretty much all "modern medicine" is essentially based on natural ingredients. So if taking the natural substance works, and you can avoid all the artificial, man-made chemicals, etc that they add to make a medicine "marketable", then isn't that preferable? Not to mention usually much cheaper!
I am allergic to ragweed and, for years, during ragweed season, I would go through literally bottles of allergy medicine to get through the days! Then I finally discovered that drinking apple cider vinegar mixed with water works just as well (and actually better) than the medicines did! Apple cider vinegar is....a natural antihistamine!
So - if a natural remedy is healthier, and cheaper, and it actually solves the problem.....isn't that the best outcome all around?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Master
Good discipline and maybe a good smack when needed.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

LOL Psychoslice... >.< Well if it is clinical I suppose calming and relaxation techniques...

Takes discipline of course just like anything. Things like focusing excercises I would say, and maybe some Omega 3 supplements, supposedly it helps with mental focus.

The discipline and smacking when necessary is still practiced in my country and seems to work, but I am guessing those are for non-clinical ADHD (ie, the person is hyperactive and is an attention seeker but not clinically, just annoying I guess, if you get what I mean) but it's just one factor that determines what the person grows up to become.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Psychoslice: Good discipline and maybe a good smack when needed.

so if you don't have intelligence and understanding resort to and teach violence as a means to solving difficult problems....it never d d d d did me any harm.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."

Last edited by Arcturus : 08-06-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Master

Meditation and exploring yourself is good for adhd, I have seen ppl transform with it. Another is chromotherapy (working with colors.) Often times adhd is associated with indigo children and adults, so you may want look into that as well.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 09-06-2012, 05:28 PM
sesheta

To psychoslice

I tend to agree with this, as well - love ya, psycho!