Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 13-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Medium_Laura

Anxietin .vs Rescue Remedy

I recently ran into a friend who recommended to another friend to use RR for her panic disorder/anxiety.

I did some net searching and found Anxietin. I don't know much about either one of these. Any insight or comments would be welcome.
Old 13-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Thrare

Rescue Remedy is awesome.

I dunno about this Anxietin. stuff though, I've never heard of it before.
Old 13-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Medium_Laura

Thanks Thrare. I appreciate your comment :)
Old 14-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Master
Anxietin I've never heard of it, I have heard Rescue Rememdy works wonders for people for me it does nothing though although I've not tried it for years. Also yoga and I know I say this a lot, yoga really really helps me relax and so does my excercise (swimming in my case) right now I'm upping my pace of swimming so it is more cardio and thus gets my swimmers high now :)
Spiritlite.
Old 14-07-2011, 04:28 PM
dragon charms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I recently ran into a friend who recommended to another friend to use RR for her panic disorder/anxiety.

I did some net searching and found Anxietin. I don't know much about either one of these. Any insight or comments would be welcome.
I had an experience with a very old doctor last year, who told me it was possible to help panic/anxiety attacks, by taking zinc and magnesium each day. I can't verify the "why's" for this however.

There may also be a side issue here. I have heard that working with one's inner child, may be helpful in personal growth and sense of self love and security, so that the anxiety and panic just fade away.

I do know however, that flower essences are very helpful for many people. Maybe not the Rescue Remedy per say, but there are many others that may work better, depending on the situation.
Old 14-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Master
I have found that eating more fruits and veggies and better higher quality foods has helped my anxiety. Also yoga has helped and so has swimming which ulis also meditative. But lately I've been swimming so my heartrAte is at 160 a minute for 30 minutes I get that endorphins high
Old 14-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Medium_Laura

awesome! Some great info! Thanks! I'll pass it along!
Old 16-08-2011, 07:02 AM
autumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon charms
I had an experience with a very old doctor last year, who told me it was possible to help panic/anxiety attacks, by taking zinc and magnesium each day. I can't verify the "why's" for this however.

There is a lot of info about magnesium helping anxiety. You just have to make sure you are taking an absorbable form, like magnesium chloride, or chelated magnesium. I'm going to have to look into zinc - good to know.
Old 16-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Master

I tried a Bach flower formulation for anxiety, I don't recall the name of it. It set my stomach on fire and left me feeling nauseous! I didn't touch it again.

I had a really great experience w/ a product from Standard Process called Min-Chex. The bad part is that one has to get it through an alternative care provider. They don't sell to the general public as far as I know. I got it through my mother's chiropractor. My mother has used several Standard Process products with good results. This same chiropracter also uses King Bio products and I think they have something for anxiety too which might be worth trying. I think she can buy this herself.
Old 16-08-2011, 08:35 AM
mattie

Bach Rescue Remedy

Is this the Bach RR?

http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/e...cale-selector/
http://www.dailystrength.org/treatments/Rescue_Remedy

When the friend had the major anxiety issues the local health food store said the Bach RR was appropriate for very mild anxiety, but not what they were dealing w/. They tried it & couldn’t tell that it did anything, but I wouldn’t take this to mean it wouldn’t be useful for mild anxiety.

I also asked them about the supplement Holy Basil as it is a calmative supplement. Again, they advised this was for very mild anxiety.

What worked for this person who had very serious anxiety was L ‘Theanine, SAM-E, PharmaGABA, & 5-HTP & a therapist skilled at treating PTSD w/ EMDR. These all do different things. These supplements shouldn’t be used w/ prescriptions neurotransmitter meds w/o carefully checking drug/supplement interaction.

The L ‘Theanine is very good for blunting anxiety & is taken only when anxiety or acute stress arises.
This isn’t medical advice.