Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_kum
Hello guys,

May be the same question has been raised by people too many times earlier.I really would like to clarify this doubt? Is meditation an Anti-christ? A lot many Christians say that meditation is against christianity, because it deals with past life, but christianity mentions Only one life...Also, meditation is somewhat related to controlling the breathing stuff..that's also people say that it's against christianity..I am a Christian and have been practising meditation since June 2013..Some of my christian friends and my my relatives say Practising meditation is a sort of Anti-christ. Whenever they say like this I feel guilty and encounter a feeling like I am the biggest sinner on earth..:(..I'm looking forward to your prompt reply..Thanks in advance!!

solo_kum - Prayer is a form of meditation. What did Christ do in the desert for 40 days? I would call that time of deep contemplation a form of meditation. That's just my take on this subject. I meditate and I'm a Christian and I find one compliments the other and vice versa.

Blackraven
Old 07-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
My Christian church also believes Mediation is wrong, and evil. I; however, still meditate. I have come to realize that on their part this is just pure ignorance. They get angry at, and shun anything they do not understand - which is a little frustrating for me, but I try not to judge either way. I more or less continue about my own way and trust my inner knowing and voice to guide me. Trust yourself and don't let anyone else sway you on how YOU feel.
Excellent! I love it.

Maybe a more open church, tho?
None of my business.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Knower
I don't think it wrong. I always thought when Christ was off by himself fasting or talking to God that he probably did some sort of meditation.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Master

It depends on the particular branch of Christianity. Meditation has traditionally been a big part of it. With the rise of fundamentalism around 1900s there have been groups that reject it. You must be familiar with one of those groups. There are many others though with a wide range of beliefs, and I would say meditation is a part of most of them.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
God's in trouble then.
He's the one that said , Be still and know that I am God.
Big trouble.

Jesus is in worse trouble, tho...telling us to Seek the Kingdom of Heaven;
Then telling us the Kingdom of God or Heaven is within.

"If thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light."...what single eye?
The Third Eye, the Seat of the Soul...Jesus obviously was
the anti-christ......kidding.

Ps 46:10
Matt 6:33, Luke12:31
Lule 17:21
Luke 11:36 KJV
Thank you Miss Hepburn. I am confused again about my beliefs. I was pagan then a spiritualist for over 10 years. Just the last 2-3 years have I reverted back to the catholic church. I miss so much about other things I use to do. Meditating is one of them. The verse you quoted from the bible: the kingdom of God is within us.....really stood out for me! It's just a reminder, and something I shouldn't forget.
But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
Old 11-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Hello guys,

May be the same question has been raised by people too many times earlier.I really would like to clarify this doubt? Is meditation an Anti-christ? A lot many Christians say that meditation is against christianity, because it deals with past life, but christianity mentions Only one life...Also, meditation is somewhat related to controlling the breathing stuff..that's also people say that it's against christianity..I am a Christian and have been practising meditation since June 2013..Some of my christian friends and my my relatives say Practising meditation is a sort of Anti-christ. Whenever they say like this I feel guilty and encounter a feeling like I am the biggest sinner on earth..:(..I'm looking forward to your prompt reply..Thanks in advance!!
Hi solo_kum,
I do not feel any form of meditation is evil. There are many types of different Christian mediation, different to the new age type, but still lovely. I think with the new age meditation it is more about stilling the mind and emptying the mind. With Christian meditation it is about meditating on a passage in the bible, or meditating on the face of jesus. You are "thinking"more with Christian meditation, if that makes sense.

I saw a quote by Buddha recently...something like: If we taught every 8 year old on earth to meditate....one day the earth would be at peace.

What a beautiful thought....what a shame it will never happen.
But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
Old 11-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eyes
Hi solo_kum,
I do not feel any form of meditation is evil. There are many types of different Christian mediation, different to the new age type, but still lovely. I think with the new age meditation it is more about stilling the mind and emptying the mind. With Christian meditation it is about meditating on a passage in the bible, or meditating on the face of jesus. You are "thinking"more with Christian meditation, if that makes sense.

I saw a quote by Buddha recently...something like: If we taught every 8 year old on earth to meditate....one day the earth would be at peace.

What a beautiful thought....what a shame it will never happen.

But, there are certain prophesies, involving the restoration of the world to what was originally intended, and this shall be fulfilled.
Heaven on Earth. "World without end." (Hosea).

In my early youth I would have what I recognize now as angina pain. It was scary for a child and I didn't tell anyone. No doubt caused in part to the multitude of junk food and candy I ate, but also involving genetics.
More recently in my life i've had cardiac prcedures done.

But, as a child, I would, for example, go outside and "meditate". That is, lose myself to the creation around me, inviting the love of God and spirit within me, and find myself alleviated of the pain.

Or, also I would just ask my Mom if she loved me.
Upon hearing the acknowledgement, the pain would leave.

I think meditation comes easier for the child, than the adult, who are further along in the world, and in time, and more inured to it.

Jesus also advocated that we remain as children, in our hearts.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-07-2014, 12:59 AM
good day

Quote:
Hello guys,

"That chakras" Someone keeps adding this to my post. Stop it please., It is dishonest.
.................................................. .................................................. ................................

I can tell that you are coming from a Christian family and Your family and friends are referring to the eastern meditations They are correct.They are not Christian meditations.

.................................................. .................................................. ...............................
"How Your Mind Can Keep You Well". It is a Judeo Christian meditation that I strongly recommend.

FHU.com Is a Christian site where you can get the tape, if you can't afford it, it is free.

Last edited by good day : 21-07-2014 at 02:42 AM.
Old 21-07-2014, 01:06 AM
elisi

in josjua 1:8 and psalml 1:2, the word meditation is actually used.

yes, meditation is in the bible. and jesus did it.
Old 21-07-2014, 03:01 AM
StaroftheSea

The meditation topic in Christianity has been discussed and around for generations - the Meditation that Jesus did in Holy Communion with His Father (God) and that God's Apostles (BC) practiced was always with The Our Father Prayer and the Sign of the Cross that God The Most High gave to all of His Apostles and Jesus Christ while living on earth in addition to Fasting regularly, offering up Sacrifices, focussing and trusting in Jesus/God at the same time as repentance regularly that both Jesus/God taught mankind in order to come closer to Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit and receive Jesus/God through His Blessed Sacraments.

Jesus taught mankind to focus on Himself during Prayer and Meditation - the Meditation that the Disciples and Apostles reference is "Prayer prior to Meditation with the Sign of the Cross and The Our Father Prayer" through St Peter and all of the Disciples that then were given to the Priests, Ministers Deacons Pastors.

God the Most High has chapters written through Ezra (Esdra) and other Apostles BC requesting that His Churches follow His instructions for the world to pray The Our Father, make the Sign of the Cross and receive Jesus and His Blessed Sacraments while in prayer and meditation.

So, no, meditation without addressing Jesus/God first, without focussing on Jesus Christ our Saviour commencing with The Sign of His Cross, without prayer and just sitting quietly in Yoga, Kundalini (with or without mantras) allows satan to intercede and brainwash turning people further away from the ways in which both God the Most High taught and Jesus Christ our Saviour taught mankind.

Kindest wishes