Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 11-10-2010, 03:39 PM
supernova

You tried to define the indefinable. God cannot be contained in your words and you must go beyond words, maybe through yoga or meditation. God is not a mythological figure nor any substance your substantial minds or senses can perceive..

God is beyond comprehension and we cannot say what God is or what God is not.

God is everything and yet it can witness but we cannot witness.

God consumes and yet can keep himself at a distance and observe it is consuming. We cannot do this and therein God differs from us
Old 17-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah
Hi,
lol, that made me chuckle.
I think we could even step one place further back & look at the book called life.
In this book we are all characters, everything is a story.
Yes, in deed. In this book called life, I have come across many characters, far too many to count, but so far I have not come across anyone who can take a rib from a man and make it into a woman.
Old 19-10-2010, 03:15 AM
November Decay

God is everywhere, and he is nowhere. He is everything, and he is nothing. He is life, and He is death. He is male and female (perhaps two beings, perhaps one.) God is what you see when you look around a lush forest; He's what you feel when everything is silent and perfectly calm. He's the raging storm and the ferocious animals of the wild. Nature is God. He has many names, and yet He has no name.

That's pretty much what I think, anyways.
Old 19-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Master

You said that very well November Decay. That was an excellent description.
Old 21-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Master
For a more detailed description:

God begins and remains One, then becomes Three, then Seven, and then Nine. And all embodied within our souls-

The One:

God is the Universal Consciousness, the Universal Spirit, the One, The All, the Only Reality, Being Itself.

Now once bringing out manifestation/creation, God is seen as three from Man's three dimensional consciousness:

The Three:

God became Father, Mother, and Son.

The Father is the Un-manifest, the transcendence, the Ground of all Things, the Creator, the First Cause, the Source-

The Mother is the Holy Ghost, the Manifesting and the Sustaining. The Mother is Aum, the Holy Vibration that manifests all things. The Mother births everything into existence. In many religions she is The Goddess, Kali, The Holy Spirit, Sophia, etc.

The Son is the result of the union of Father/Mother. The Son is the Christ Consciousness, the Manifestation/Creation. The Son was eternally birthed forth from the Mother God by the will of the Father. And then the Son or Christ Consciousness became individualized selves- or souls. We are the individualized portions of the Son/Logos. The Son works in action and reason. The Son is imprinted on the soul awaiting to be awakened, that awareness of oneness with God. The Son is traditionally The God in Wicca, the Logos/Word in Christianity, Vishnu in Hinduism.

The Seven:

And so the Son/Word became Many- us, and we became individuals. And within each individual is imprinted seven chakras or seven spiritual centers which all embody the levels to God. And thus God is imprinted within the soul as seven. That is why God's number is seven in many circles. The seven chakras are also associated with the basic seven gifts of the Holy Ghost/Mother- wisdom, understanding, knowledge, counsel, fortitude, piety, fear of the Lord. These are all basic abstract principles and can be embodied by any thing.

The Nine:

The Nine ways that these basic Seven gifts manifest themselves through our Mother are Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom, The Gift of Prophecy, The Gift of Faith, The Gift of Healing, The Working of Miracles, The Discerning of Spirits, Different Tongues, The Interpretation of Tongues. These are all of the psychic mind, the seventh chakra ironically. And are magical and attained through union with the higher consciousness.

The Many:

Through all these things. Both personal, impersonal, forces, and abstract principles, we the souls, individuals embodied all of these. We are all part of the Universal Consciousness (God), thus in sense we are God. But we have not all come into our heritage. And we are on our development and growth to become one with God again, just as Jesus the Christ who attained the Christ Consciousness has shown the Way.

I could go on and tell you how the Many then go on to experience self through 12, but we will be here all day until I reach number trillion. Because God also manifests in 12, the Twelve Zodiac Houses. And is beautifully materialized in our solar system as the 12 developments. Each a house to have the soul experience and become aware of different developments. And the 12 beyond the solar system has manifested in humanity as the 12 tribes of Israel, and the 12 sons of Israel, and finally the 12 Apostles of Christ.

You see no matter how many numbers or manifestations God is represented, God is always One and everything is One. The Lord thy God is ONE. This was NOT a reminder to the Jewish people that they had one god and to disregard all other influences/deities but that there is and all things are all ONE! And that ONE is GOD.

Just as in Hinduism God goes from One to Three to Thirty Three to Thirty Three Billion! What does this mean?! We thirty three billions of souls are also the One! That is why Hinduism has so many deities, they are all forms, souls, or entities who all manifest The One.

Last edited by Amilius777 : 21-10-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 21-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Master
Great thread, some wonderful answers.

For me, the answer is; `What is not god`? everything, altho it may appear as something quite different , is in fact the divine.

easy to say...hard to remain aware of during the maelstrom of life
But, ...I Believe.... the truth.

God bless us all
Old 21-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
For a more detailed description:

God begins and remains One, then becomes Three, then Seven, and then Nine. And all embodied within our souls-

The One:

God is the Universal Consciousness, the Universal Spirit, the One, The All, the Only Reality, Being Itself.

Now once bringing out manifestation/creation, God is seen as three from Man's three dimensional consciousness:

The Three:

God became Father, Mother, and Son.

The Father is the Un-manifest, the transcendence, the Ground of all Things, the Creator, the First Cause, the Source-

The Mother is the Holy Ghost, the Manifesting and the Sustaining. The Mother is Aum, the Holy Vibration that manifests all things. The Mother births everything into existence. In many religions she is The Goddess, Kali, The Holy Spirit, Sophia, etc.

The Son is the result of the union of Father/Mother. The Son is the Christ Consciousness, the Manifestation/Creation. The Son was eternally birthed forth from the Mother God by the will of the Father. And then the Son or Christ Consciousness became individualized selves- or souls. We are the individualized portions of the Son/Logos. The Son works in action and reason. The Son is imprinted on the soul awaiting to be awakened, that awareness of oneness with God. The Son is traditionally The God in Wicca, the Logos/Word in Christianity, Vishnu in Hinduism.

The Seven:

And so the Son/Word became Many- us, and we became individuals. And within each individual is imprinted seven chakras or seven spiritual centers which all embody the levels to God. And thus God is imprinted within the soul as seven. That is why God's number is seven in many circles. The seven chakras are also associated with the basic seven gifts of the Holy Ghost/Mother- wisdom, understanding, knowledge, counsel, fortitude, piety, fear of the Lord. These are all basic abstract principles and can be embodied by any thing.

The Nine:

The Nine ways that these basic Seven gifts manifest themselves through our Mother are Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom, The Gift of Prophecy, The Gift of Faith, The Gift of Healing, The Working of Miracles, The Discerning of Spirits, Different Tongues, The Interpretation of Tongues. These are all of the psychic mind, the seventh chakra ironically. And are magical and attained through union with the higher consciousness.

The Many:

Through all these things. Both personal, impersonal, forces, and abstract principles, we the souls, individuals embodied all of these. We are all part of the Universal Consciousness (God), thus in sense we are God. But we have not all come into our heritage. And we are on our development and growth to become one with God again, just as Jesus the Christ who attained the Christ Consciousness has shown the Way.

I could go on and tell you how the Many then go on to experience self through 12, but we will be here all day until I reach number trillion. Because God also manifests in 12, the Twelve Zodiac Houses. And is beautifully materialized in our solar system as the 12 developments. Each a house to have the soul experience and become aware of different developments. And the 12 beyond the solar system has manifested in humanity as the 12 tribes of Israel, and the 12 sons of Israel, and finally the 12 Apostles of Christ.

You see no matter how many numbers or manifestations God is represented, God is always One and everything is One. The Lord thy God is ONE. This was NOT a reminder to the Jewish people that they had one god and to disregard all other influences/deities but that there is and all things are all ONE! And that ONE is GOD.

Just as in Hinduism God goes from One to Three to Thirty Three to Thirty Three Billion! What does this mean?! We thirty three billions of souls are also the One! That is why Hinduism has so many deities, they are all forms, souls, or entities who all manifest The One.

To condense all this into one sentence I would suggest:

God is all that is, there is nothing outside of that we call God.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:02 AM
BahaiRaelian

An infinite essence that pervades existence, created reality but is still separate from it as a painter is from his painting. Any attempt to describe specific attributes is, I think, basically mistaken.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:39 AM
happyfool

God is the creation of human mind....

God as an entity is a creation of mans mind....

God to me is the life that is present in this earth...which binds all of us together..we are all part of the greater life that of the Earth which wants to create more and better life to continue its existence....and all the life together constitute the entity God...but we percieve it in different ways...

I percieved God when I was in the middle of a Jungle all alone...that time I realised that I was just a human being among many other forms of life....never had I the feeling of being a human so strong as that time...
Old 06-11-2010, 05:32 PM
LightFilledHeart

IMO (and since no one has the definitive answer on this subject, I automatically mentally add that phrase to the beginning of each of the other posts on this thread ) God is a verb, not a noun. God is that which indwells and animates all things... a force, an energy, a moving, living action. Since I believe we all come embody that creative force, I'm likewise a proponent of Divine Oneness.