Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 12:17 PM
dreamer

I'm sure it will/already is changing.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:29 PM
starlite

hi sue and dreamer,

Yes, i agree we live in a very masculine dominated society. I think this has occurred over many centuries as a way to write out the true strength of the feminine (like dreamer suggests, they just beat any resistance down with an aggressive bully boy hand).

But, i believe that the knowledge shall be returned and the female will assert her reign. I haven't got a clue when this will be (probably not in my life time!), but there are definite signs that it's creeping into the consciouness of people already. I believe many more people are becoming aware at this time and as this grows a more real world will be achieved.

Do you yourselves think things are gradually changing in this respect or going nowhere?

Love an light starlite X
Old 11-04-2006, 09:31 PM
starlite

oops, sorry dreamer - i didn't see your last post before posting

Love and light x
Old 12-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Knower
It strikes me that souls are essentially a-sexual.

Male and female are simply moulds they are cast into on this earth, so I'd say look at the bigger picture and don't waste too much time worrying about the battle of the sexes.

Besides, any person, male or female, who feels hard done by in this life due to his or her sex might come back next time as the opposite sex. What goes around comes around.

Love and Light,

Jeremy
Old 12-04-2006, 10:12 AM
psychic sue

I see your point Jeremy, but what I meant was (and I am not a confrontational sort of feminist) all religions have been dominated by the male/fatherhood figure for a long, long, time. I do think this is changing slowly, but women are still not at the forefront of any spiritual movement (in the Western World anyway). I agree that "god" is no any particular sex, but men have assigned masculinity to "him".

That's the point I was making.

Sue x

Last edited by psychic sue : 12-04-2006 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Knower
I understand what you mean Sue. The organised religions have never held much interest for me, so I suppose I've overlooked the dominant male syndrome in those circles.

A point of interest, though. Do women think of god as "him" or "her"? It's a question that has only just occured to me and I really have no idea what the answer might be.

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 12-04-2006, 12:00 PM
psychic sue

Neither really - just an energy, a force I suppose.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:23 PM
dreamer

I've read this quote a lot and it intrigues me. I've put it in here because it relates a bit to feminine and masculine debate. What do you make of it? It's from the Gospel of Thomas.

Jesus said to them, "when you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not br male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter the knigdom."
Old 12-04-2006, 09:22 PM
starlite

dear dreamer,

it makes me think of alchemy. alchemy being the total individual understanding that we are made up of both counterparts male and female and that we have to learn to comes to terms with these two sides to ourselves to connect to the 'oneness' .

so really, there is no differentiation between the genders when the truth is acknowledged. however, there are still people that arn't tuned in to their spirituality and simply do understand (think/believe) that god is a bloke on a throne in heaven - this cascades down and has induced our current society (the western world) where so many people think that it is a natural thing that men should dominate in many many respects like politics, education, work, etc. This situation will hopefully change as a spiritual understanding grows and the world will achieve its true (fundamental) balance.

As for gnostic gospels - have you seen the news about the gospel of Judas? - it has recently been restored and translated - it speaks directly of life as spirit and this being the true message of jesus. I/ve ordered a copy hot from amazon!!

As for the Great White Brotherhood (as they are commonly called) i am aware that the spirits connected are not only men but many female energies too. I'm sure they don't call themselves the brotherhood!

As for whether women think of god in terms of male and female - this one thinks of a divine oneness that is one and all at the same time - like sue says, an energy; a force...

Love and light Starlite X
Old 13-04-2006, 09:04 AM
psychic sue

Isn' that from the gospel of st Thomas? (the Gnostic Gospel?). Yes Jesus does talk about union of male and female and how God is inside rather than outside - but unfortunately, this was left out of the new testament!
Closed Thread