Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Aquatic_Dragon

When I was younger...

This is a thought that has just came to my head of a memory when i was younger.

Basically at a very young age I was interested in a lot of weird things, not the ordinary things that 'normal boys' were into like football and stuff. At this young age i had a sudden thought which kind of made my mind hurt a lot.

And that thought for some reason was, 'can you imagine yourself not there?'

This thought occurred way back before I even knew about spirituality but at a young age i would have thought about this in so much depth that it would actually start to bug me or hurt my head.

And you know how this thought came about?

It was my dad (who is very athiest) and he said to me, 'when we die, we just become worm food, we are no longer there'.

And in my little mind at that time i actually thought, wow that must be totally wrong!

Has anyone ever thought of this thought at a young age, or even now and thought to yourself that death is not possible? at least in the sense of what my dad had spoke.

Just thought i would share this thought with you all.
Old 13-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Medium_Laura

I was born a medium and had relationships with my guides from day 1. I always knew we were here on borrowed time. Never did I think there was death in the way that some believe. Sometimes we remember and sometimes, like your father, we forget.
Old 16-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Master
Aquatic Dragon... You might want to check out this thread:

What do we know about Death from Near Death Experiences? - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22123&page=2

Xan

Old 16-09-2011, 03:06 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic_Dragon
It was my dad (who is very athiest) and he said to me, 'when we die, we just become worm food, we are no longer there'.

And in my little mind at that time i actually thought, wow that must be totally wrong!

It's sweet of you to share that childhood memory, even if it was a very difficult one that caused you pain. It's an enlightening and insightful happening, because even before you got old enough to think of yourself as intellectual and insightful, you had an instantaneous judgment call on the subject! Your psyche was in pain because you had the thought of how could my dad whom I love and look up to and count on be wrong, yet he can't be right about this, can he? No wonder your mind hurt!