Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 16-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Suspended
When We Were Orphans - Kazuo Ishiguro
Old 12-06-2015, 07:55 AM
Suspended
Conscious Dreaming - Robert Moss
Old 12-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Master
The Magic

It's about doing daily activities to which one expresses gratitude for what he/she has in life in order to re-ignite and draw more positive experiences to self, thus creating magic similar to that which is experienced as a child.
Old 14-06-2015, 04:08 AM
LorriePaige

National Geographic Guide to Medicinal Herbs.
Old 19-06-2015, 02:00 AM
Experiencer
I read that very enjoyable,I am reading
Welcoming Spirit Home: Ancient African Teachings to Celebrate Children ~ by Sobonfu Some

Excerpt :
There is a tribe in Africa where the birth date of a child is counted not from when they were born, nor from when they are conceived but from the day that the child was a thought in its mother’s mind. And when a woman decides that she will have a child, she goes off and sits under a tree, by herself, and she listens until she can hear the song of the child that wants to come. And after she’s heard the song of this child, she comes back to the man who will be the child’s father, and teaches it to him. And then, when they make love to physically conceive the child, some of that time they sing the song of the child, as a way to invite it.

And then, when the mother is pregnant, the mother teaches that child’s song to the midwives and the old women of the village, so that when the child is born, the old women and the people around her sing the child’s song to welcome it. And then, as the child grows up, the other villagers are taught the child’s song. If the child falls, or hurts its knee, someone picks it up and sings its song to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringSpirit
Indaba, My Children by Credo Mutwa

(African Tribal History, Legends, Customs and Religious Beliefs)
Old 24-06-2015, 05:01 AM
Experiencer
The Wisdom of the Enneagram. Finding it incredibly helpful and fascinating!
Old 24-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Ravenspirit

In terms of spiritual books, currently these are on the reader:

Heart Yoga-Andrew Harvey and Karuna Erikson
Tending the Heart Fire-Shiva Rea
The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts-Joe Fisher

(I've read it once, intend to again. Highly recommend this one to anyone involved in channeling. It's quite the eye opener and what happened to the author after he wrote it, just tragic...)

Spirit Possession and Exorcism-Patrick McNamara
Katrina Raphaell's crystal books, all of them.
Diane Morgan-Gem Lore and her emerald myths book.
Wheels of Life-Judith Anodea
Tarot for Yourself-Mary K Greer (I've had this one since I was 12. I have a physical copy but this is always on the tablet too.)
Mystical Origins of the Tarot and Mastering Witchcraft (Ditto, they've been in my occult library since I was a kid.)
All of Scott Cunningham's books
Everything as yet by Christopher Penczak, scanned by me from my paper books. Ditto some books by Raven Grimassi, Janet and Stewart Farrar's The Witches Bible, Margot Adler's Drawing Down the Moon, some old books by Leland and Murray, the White Goddess by Robert Graves and most of the major collective books on various cultural myths, Greek, Roman, Norse and Celtic mostly.
The Gnostic Gospels, the NAB and Douay Bibles, most of the Gnostic Christ books by Harvey, Pagels, Freke, etc. ACIM 3rd edition and several books by Marianne Williamson, all the Christian Science books by Mary Baker Eddy.
Angels and Angelology in the Middle Ages-David Keck
Several books on Egyptology and the religious myths thereof, by E Wallis Budge
Essential Reiki, We Are The Angels-Diane Stein
Some books on Hoodoo and Voudun by Catherine Yronwode and Migene González-Wippler and a great book on that kind of thing by Ray Malbrough that I've had for years. A couple of old Anna Riva guides on sigils and candle magic.
Some Golden dawn and Crowley related stuff...
Some Iyengar Yoga books
Essential Tao-Thomas Cleary
Energy Medicine and Energy Medicine Yoga-Donna Eden
Yoga Anatomy 2nd Edition-Kaminoff/Matthews

Some other stuff. I have a lot on there that stays there actually. I have a full Witchcraft related library on there, plus a lot of Buddhist and Hindu texts are on there as well. I'm big on reading about all kinds of things like this. I had a lot of UFO stuff on recently. I read a lot of it then got tired of it and deleted it all. I took a lot of Comparative Religion stuff back in college as electives. I still read a lot of that and there's a lot of darker stuff I don't usually admit to reading around very religious people. :P

I have very eclectic tastes when it comes to my occult and spirituality related reading lists and a very extensive library on a lot of topics related. One day I may be reading a very scholarly tome on the Witchcraft Trials and Demonic possession, the next I might be reading a book on yoga or something far fluffier like Sex and the Stars or something similar. I read everything and I read a lot so my reader always has near a thousand books on it. Fiction, non, whatever, I'm a very fast reader and I often read like 50-60 books a week so there's always something I'm taking off or pulling off the reader, shrug.

My Occult Spiritual library usually stands at like 500 books on the reader, with probably another 1100 off. I have a lot of stuff I refer back to, read again, don't take off. Not all of it is available as e-books yet. I scanned nearly my whole library from paper to digital over a decade or so. A lot of what's on my reader you won't find on Amazon as yet...
Old 25-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Ascender

Just finished Is There An Afterlife by David Fontana; It's excellent! Good balance of science to it.

Am about to start Tell My Mother Im Not Dead by Trevor Hamilton and Destiny Of Souls by Michael Newton
Old 27-06-2015, 01:07 AM
LiveInTheNow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
In terms of spiritual books, currently these are on the reader:

Heart Yoga-Andrew Harvey and Karuna Erikson
Tending the Heart Fire-Shiva Rea
The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts-Joe Fisher

(I've read it once, intend to again. Highly recommend this one to anyone involved in channeling. It's quite the eye opener and what happened to the author after he wrote it, just tragic...)

Spirit Possession and Exorcism-Patrick McNamara
Katrina Raphaell's crystal books, all of them.
Diane Morgan-Gem Lore and her emerald myths book.
Wheels of Life-Judith Anodea
Tarot for Yourself-Mary K Greer (I've had this one since I was 12. I have a physical copy but this is always on the tablet too.)
Mystical Origins of the Tarot and Mastering Witchcraft (Ditto, they've been in my occult library since I was a kid.)
All of Scott Cunningham's books
Everything as yet by Christopher Penczak, scanned by me from my paper books. Ditto some books by Raven Grimassi, Janet and Stewart Farrar's The Witches Bible, Margot Adler's Drawing Down the Moon, some old books by Leland and Murray, the White Goddess by Robert Graves and most of the major collective books on various cultural myths, Greek, Roman, Norse and Celtic mostly.
The Gnostic Gospels, the NAB and Douay Bibles, most of the Gnostic Christ books by Harvey, Pagels, Freke, etc. ACIM 3rd edition and several books by Marianne Williamson, all the Christian Science books by Mary Baker Eddy.
Angels and Angelology in the Middle Ages-David Keck
Several books on Egyptology and the religious myths thereof, by E Wallis Budge
Essential Reiki, We Are The Angels-Diane Stein
Some books on Hoodoo and Voudun by Catherine Yronwode and Migene González-Wippler and a great book on that kind of thing by Ray Malbrough that I've had for years. A couple of old Anna Riva guides on sigils and candle magic.
Some Golden dawn and Crowley related stuff...
Some Iyengar Yoga books
Essential Tao-Thomas Cleary
Energy Medicine and Energy Medicine Yoga-Donna Eden
Yoga Anatomy 2nd Edition-Kaminoff/Matthews

Some other stuff. I have a lot on there that stays there actually. I have a full Witchcraft related library on there, plus a lot of Buddhist and Hindu texts are on there as well. I'm big on reading about all kinds of things like this. I had a lot of UFO stuff on recently. I read a lot of it then got tired of it and deleted it all. I took a lot of Comparative Religion stuff back in college as electives. I still read a lot of that and there's a lot of darker stuff I don't usually admit to reading around very religious people. :P

I have very eclectic tastes when it comes to my occult and spirituality related reading lists and a very extensive library on a lot of topics related. One day I may be reading a very scholarly tome on the Witchcraft Trials and Demonic possession, the next I might be reading a book on yoga or something far fluffier like Sex and the Stars or something similar. I read everything and I read a lot so my reader always has near a thousand books on it. Fiction, non, whatever, I'm a very fast reader and I often read like 50-60 books a week so there's always something I'm taking off or pulling off the reader, shrug.

My Occult Spiritual library usually stands at like 500 books on the reader, with probably another 1100 off. I have a lot of stuff I refer back to, read again, don't take off. Not all of it is available as e-books yet. I scanned nearly my whole library from paper to digital over a decade or so. A lot of what's on my reader you won't find on Amazon as yet...

Wow! And I was thinking I'm too much of a tosh addict! You're a master ...
Just speaking for myself (not a criticism etc) but don't you think that reading so much is actually preventing us to make any meaningful spiritual progress? That's the dilemma I have. Reading as a form of escape from practicing.
Old 27-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Deactivated Account
How to see yourself as you really are by the Dalai Lama