Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-04-2019, 04:11 PM
Knower

What is Jesus in spirituality?

This is controversial but I don't believe Jesus ever existed. There was no written records by the roman writers and the Jerusalem writer Philo at the time Jesus was supposedly there. The first writings of Jesus began around 400ad. Now I find it pretty amazing that someone so revolutionary isn't written about until 400 years later... There are also plenty of myths and legends with a similar story to Jesus, for example Attis, the Pagen god, born 25th dec to a virgin mother, died and was resurrected 3 days later etc, this was about 1250BC this story is. This is symbolic of the sun gods the ancients used to worship, 3 days after the winter solstice, when the sun is at its weakest (or died) is 25th December (sun ressurected)

Now what I find strange is Jesus has a place in spirituality for a lot of people, is he a demon/ archon deceiving? Or is he the manifestation of peoples beliefs?

Let me know what you think guys :) Like i said though there wasnt a dude called Jesus in this supposed time that he was so what are your thoughts? :)
Old 23-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Master
Well, as Carl Jung said "Christ a symbol of self". That makes sense to me and I can live with that.
Old 23-04-2019, 07:37 PM
Master

I question the date of 400 AD.

From Wikipedia:

The Gospel of Mark probably dates from c. AD 66–70, Matthew and Luke around AD 85–90, and John AD 90–110. Despite the traditional ascriptions all four are anonymous, and none were written by eyewitnesses. Like the rest of the New Testament, they were written in Greek.

And even these four gospels do not agree on various important points.

Then there are all the other gospels which were not included in the Bible for various reasons - perhaps they did not present the desired image of Jesus.

And there are other stories of Jesus travelling to India and Tibet which has been covered elsewhere in this forum.

And yes, much of the accepted story of the life of Jesus can be interpreted as symbolic of deeper meaning. And the supposed life of Jesus is also similar to other teachers, although this is open to dispute.

The lack of commentary by contemporary writers is perhaps not surprising - Jesus in his time may not have been considered particularly important.

The esoteric approach considers Jesus and the Christ as two separate beings, Jesus being an advanced initiate who took human birth and was later used as a vehicle by the greater spiritual being called the Christ.

One of life's mysteries.

Peace.
Old 23-04-2019, 08:49 PM
janielee

One person: Jesus existed
Another: Jesus didn't

I believe Jesus existed - but it's not so much the person, but the spirit and the message that is important.

Was he evil? Of course not - Jesus's key and only message is to love oneself and all others.

There is no evil in love, but there is the possibility to distort such messages, especially when one is angry or resentful.

JL
Old 23-04-2019, 11:16 PM
Master
Hello,

There is debate whether Jesus existed or not.
Some archiologists explored where Jesus was tried, crucified, and buried. There is a documentary called Jesus last days
It explores the story of his trials and crucifixion through Archiological sites. Had a lot of what ifs in it, but had me thinking a bit. It seems still debate about it. Came across it on TV the other day maybe a National Geographic show, but don't remember exactly.

Some claim to have found evidence, some debate the evidence.

As mentioned the gospels were written 60-100 after Jesus died. As far as I gather. Just a side thought were written in Greek,possibly after disciple Peter traveled to Greece at the time?

Through various translation of writings about Jesus, I believe, some information has been lost in translation and through time perhaps some held or censored by the church (papal rule). Just my thoughts on this.

Interesting other gospels have surfaced in recent times. Gospel of Thomas comes to mind. Have yet to read it. Does bring wonder as to just how much has been possibly hidden and lost through the passing of time.

It seems a matter of faith for some and agree the message passed down seem to be one of compassion and transformation, IMO. Resurrection and assention into heaven. Which is the basis of modern Christian faith.

The difference in this is whether Jesus was the chosen one and " Son of God"
In the Islam faith Jesus is seen as a "holy man". According to this faith no one can be God or his son. From what I have come across.

In Juidism, Jesus is not reconized as the "Messiah"/chosen.

A bit limited on this and sharing what I've heard through various documentaries and other people.

To answer the question What is Jesus in Spirituality? If taking the basic message of love, compassion, forgiveness, isn't this what is strived for through many Spiritual practices?

Personally I believe in many ways Jesus story reflects humanity. He also got angry and had moments of doubt, but shows the light with in humanity to overcome these, IMO.

Btw:just added some further thoughts.

Just my thoughts on this
Old 23-04-2019, 11:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSmith123
This is controversial but I don't believe Jesus ever existed. There was no written records by the roman writers and the Jerusalem writer Philo at the time Jesus was supposedly there. The first writings of Jesus began around 400ad. Now I find it pretty amazing that someone so revolutionary isn't written about until 400 years later... There are also plenty of myths and legends with a similar story to Jesus, for example Attis, the Pagen god, born 25th dec to a virgin mother, died and was resurrected 3 days later etc, this was about 1250BC this story is. This is symbolic of the sun gods the ancients used to worship, 3 days after the winter solstice, when the sun is at its weakest (or died) is 25th December (sun ressurected)

Now what I find strange is Jesus has a place in spirituality for a lot of people, is he a demon/ archon deceiving? Or is he the manifestation of peoples beliefs?

Let me know what you think guys :) Like i said though there wasnt a dude called Jesus in this supposed time that he was so what are your thoughts? :)

According to my information there was a person called Yeshua ben Yosef or something similar, he was a product of the soul group known as the House of Sananda. The structure of the story afterward is not surprising. Distortions come from all sides, those who try to bring the light to this planet and those who try to prevent it.
And yes, there where similar stories from different places around the world, this is, as you would know , how the light works, by planting similar stories with a light codex. And the dark will do everything to change the codex.
As I can see in your posts.
Old 24-04-2019, 12:51 AM
Ascender

Well I personally have a difficult time not believing in Jesus after what I saw at age 13. What I saw was a demon cast out of a woman, using the name of Jesus. What stuck with me that can't be explained, was the look on the face of that woman, with the demon inside of her, when the name of Jesus was used. That demon hated Jesus and there was no doubt. Now you can say that Jesus was not his real name and you would be correct (because there was no "J" in the language used in that area at the time.) But what is important is the INTENT behind the word.

I have listened to all of the arguments and given consideration to the fact that Jesus was not mentioned in many historical accounts. But nothing else can explain to me what I saw. Now I am reading the book, "Power of the Magdalene" and it states in there that in many historical counts, Jesus was taken out.

As for the similarities between the birth and other aspects of Jesus with other "gods" and myths. A lot of pagan and Roman influence was added to the story when the Romans adopted Christianity. It made the "new" story easier for the people who already believed in these other "gods" to swallow. I think it's possible that these are characteristics added for those reasons, and not the facts.
Old 24-04-2019, 12:52 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
To answer the question What is Jesus in Spirituality? If taking the basic message of love, compassion, forgiveness, isn't this what is strived for through many Spiritual practices?

This is true however religion seems to be directing away from spirituality, this however will be down to those who had control back then, not Jesus :)
Old 24-04-2019, 12:53 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
According to my information there was a person called Yeshua ben Yosef or something similar, he was a product of the soul group known as the House of Sananda. The structure of the story afterward is not surprising. Distortions come from all sides, those who try to bring the light to this planet and those who try to prevent it.
And yes, there where similar stories from different places around the world, this is, as you would know , how the light works, by planting similar stories with a light codex. And the dark will do everything to change the codex.
As I can see in your posts.
Sorry I'm just trying to figure it all out :)
Old 24-04-2019, 12:55 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
Well I personally have a difficult time not believing in Jesus after what I saw at age 13. What I saw was a demon cast out of a woman, using the name of Jesus. What stuck with me that can't be explained, was the look on the face of that woman, with the demon inside of her, when the name of Jesus was used. That demon hated Jesus and there was no doubt. Now you can say that Jesus was not his real name and you would be correct (because there was no "J" in the language used in that area at the time.) But what is important is the INTENT behind the word.

I have listened to all of the arguments and given consideration to the fact that Jesus was not mentioned in many historical accounts. But nothing else can explain to me what I saw. Now I am reading the book, "Power of the Magdalene" and it states in there that in many historical counts, Jesus was taken out.

As for the similarities between the birth and other aspects of Jesus with other "gods" and myths. A lot of pagan and Roman influence was added to the story when the Romans adopted Christianity. It made the "new" story easier for the people who already believed in these other "gods" to swallow. I think it's possible that these are characteristics added for those reasons, and not the facts.
That's a pretty incredible experience, must have been scary at first, how did you know the demon was there?