Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Pathfinder
Once A Soldier

In our culture [Khmer/Thai/Chinese], it's pretty common for people to have some sort of vague recollection about a previous life they had. From what stories of past lives I've heard, since childhood, the usual case is that spirits incarnate in groups with each other, life-time to life-time. One of my aunts in a former life used to be an old lady my mother was familiar with who lived in the same village/town with her family. This old lady was friends with my grandmother. Before this old lady died of old age, she told my grandmother: "After I die, I'm reborning thru you." And she did.

The elders say that your Chitta [psyche/heartmind] is what determines who you will be reborn with.

There is a word in our language - my favorite word - which is "Nisai," pronounced like you're saying "knee-SIGH." Nisai has three meanings: 1) Love [agape, not eros] at first sight, 2) Fated to be together, & 3) Destined to meet. Nisai is a function of Chitta. And so, the elders say that it is Nisai that binds spirits together and determines with whom you rebirth and so on.

Nisai is when you see a person, and you instantly have this weird/wyrd feeling in your heart [chitta] that you love the person, are fated to know the person and so on. Like when you go shopping for a pet dog, and your eyes falls on one puppy who captures your heart, and in that instant, you know you and that puppy were meant to be together. That's Nisai.

And so, as the elders say, in life, if and when your Nisai for your family members is strong, you will incarnate with such family members again. If in life your Nisai for such family members grows weak, in the next life you and those family members will be only friends. And then, if you have a strong Nisai for a friend, in the next life, you and that friend will reborn as close family members. And so on. And so Nisai, determines who you will be reborning with from life-time to life-time. This is the usual case... but as with everything, there are always exceptions to the rule. Me and my brother were two such exceptions.

I started to recall bits and pieces of my past life when I was around 9 years old. What triggered it was a violin song playing in the background of a documentary on the Americam Civil War which my father was watching. In school, we had not yet learned about the Civil War.

Upon hearing that violin song, I felt a strong chill shoot up my spine, and I instantly felt like I was once a Confederate Soldier in some past life. That's all I knew at the time.

Afterwards, I would frequently get nightmares at night of being lost in an open field at night, frantically looking for my wife, stumbling over dead bodies. In some past life, I figured, I must have been a man.

With each year that pasted by, more and more bits and pieces of past life memory surfaced for me. By the time I was 12, I used those bits and pieces of memories to put together a coherent storyline of my past life:

I was a man. Of Scottish descent. I was from South Carolina. I had reddish hair. My name was something like Richard MacDonald or McDonald. I had a wife who was named Loren or Lorrain. We had two children together, a daughter, and a young son. I died on a mountain I remember called "Henry."

Later, after I learned about the Civil War in school, I had learned that one of the first battles of that war was called the Battle of Bullrun. This battle took place out in the field dominated by two big hills. One of those hills was called Matthews Hill, and the other was called Henry Hill.

Historically, on the day of the battle, the Confederates had the advantage and had taken Henry Hill. But as morning came, the Yanks advanced up the hills, eventually taking the hills from the Confederates. This was my first confirmation that my past life memories weren't just my overly active imagination.

My second confirmation came when I learned how to use the internet. I searched the internet to try to figure out what Confederate soldiers were involved in the Battle of Bullrun and what State they came from. I learned that an infantry from South Carolina were indeed involved in that battle, and they were present on Henry Hill.

In this life, I'm Asian... I don't know why. And in this life, the Yank who shot me, followed me. He's my brother. I suppose we had Nisai for each other in that past life.

In our culture, it's often the case that a woman who is pregnant will have a dream in which a person asks her for permission to be reborn thru her. When my mother was unknowingly pregnant with my brother she had a dream where a man, who looked like a White man in dark dirty soldier clothing came to her, kneeled before her and asked her if he could be reborn through her. My mother said she gave the soldier permission, and a little later she learned that she was pregnant with my brother. My brother remembers bits and pieces of his past life, and he knows he and I knew each other, and that we were both at the Battle of Bullrun.

In this life, me and my brother are close.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:11 PM
Master

An interesting read. I love past life stories. You've done a good job piecing things together.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Knower

Thank you for sharing your experience, pseudonymus

My mum’s side is Indo-Fijian and it is common for them to believe in reincarnation so to hear about another culture that actually has vague recollections of a previous life is absolutely fascinating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymus
In our culture, it's often the case that a woman who is pregnant will have a dream in which a person asks her for permission to be reborn thru her.

Very cool!