Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-07-2019, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Sky I read something today that made sense
it said evil did not actually exist but its just a misdirected kind of action

it also said good and evil are not really opposites because good exists (and eternally as God), but evil doesn't exist as any real thing, but does exist when it's created. so basically it exists but nothing comparible or like the way good exists, because good is what God is
that doesn't exclude the existence of dark forces, etc, any more than dark people that do exist, but still evil doesn't have any life of it's own

the reason for this is to affirm the goodness and unity of God, and i guess to put the focus back on goodness where it belongs

The loss of good is evil, good is positive and evil negative...
We can't do a good deed with evil on our mind, we can't think evil while speaking or acting kindly.
Of course we should focus on goodness but that only happens when we ignore badness.
St Augustine puts it simply as evil being the absence of goodness.

As you know I firmly believe in Yin/Yang, universal opposites but I don't believe in the biblical description of evil/satan etc :
Old 18-07-2019, 01:13 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
ketzer,

As much as I like Chesterton(I quote him frequently) I will use these words as words of caution. Words are fine if they are used in intellectual discussion. With the proper audience they can lead to a progression of discourse. In the absence of these guidelines they can lead to an elevation of hate and anger. This is to the benefit of no one. Current politics are a good example. I tell my wife no political signs in my front yard. It is guaranteed to gain the ire and disdain of 50% of those who view them. Suddenly you have neighbors that will no longer speak to you....:) My grandmother frequently quoted from Proverbs...."A soft word turneth away wrath". She had 9 children and peace in the family was of value to her...:)

Agreed, I don't actually know Chesterton, but I happen to have been looking for another quote and still had the page up when I read your post. More out of facetiousness than anything else, it seemed like the place to put it. Anyway, I don't do the political signs either. It seems to me that some individuals have a need to make a statement and are either willing or anxious to reap the repercussions and defend their view against the angry. This is fine, but I find I get tired of this sort of thing rather quickly these days.
Overall, I find that I feel less and less of a need to change the world and more of a need to understand myself. I am noticing more and more that the two are really the same. Perhaps it has something to do with becoming a fan of Everett's Many Worlds Theory, but more and more I find myself asking why am I here, rather then why are things the way they are. And again, the two questions seem to have the same answer. Is God particularly fierce, or am I just making God that way.