Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-04-2019, 02:09 AM
Knower

Did anyones friends suddenly dislike you once you became spiritually aware/ awake?

Hey everyone :) I had a friend who I used to spend lots of time with but when I 'woke up' to an extent, understanding what's going on in the world and understanding there is far more than a 5 sense 3 dimensional universe. He suddenly really didn't like me or want to do the things we used to do. If I suggest anything its met with incredible negativity and his behaviour really baffles me. I never spoke about these sort of topics so its not like he doesn't like my views as he doesn't even know them. I am wondering if there is some sort of demon or dark energy thats more dominant in him and thats sensed something different in me, i dont know. I know he sometimes has sleep paralysis and sees entities that scare him. Now I am sure there is more to sleep paralysis than 'just your imagination'.
Has anyone else some how lost friends after awakening and is there an explanation for this? :)
Old 04-04-2019, 03:36 AM
Master

As far as I know, if you truly awakened then you wouldn't care about how others relate to you.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:58 AM
Master
Hi,

I can appreciate trying to understand more about the nature of humans when it comes to elevating awareness.

For sure there are those who only believe in the 5 senses and the 3D universe. Think of that personality type as special and precious. They act like a frightened child who does not want to venture out into the world. We have all felt that way a few times in our life I suspect.

There is no demon within them. We humans are designed to fear the unknown and the unknowable. That is how the intellect works if you study it enough. Those who have a sense of adventure and want to train their brain to reflect in more evolved ways are seen by many as having some kind of mental disorder.

All of us lose friends when we change. That is natural and very understandable as I see these things. However if you are a person who is ready to evolve your self, you will find new friends who are like you in that respect.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 04-04-2019, 07:06 AM
Master

Here's an idea: Maybe he is becoming more distant precisely because you are keeping things from him? People can sense when you're not being sincere or hiding secrets. You can't really lose by it, so it might be worth talking to him about spiritual matters. Who knows, he might even appreciate it and trust you more.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSmith123
I know he sometimes has sleep paralysis and sees entities that scare him. Now I am sure there is more to sleep paralysis than 'just your imagination'.
That would do it, he's seeing demons and is scared something is out to get him which leads him to think he's some kind of screwball. You're not helping neither if you're sure there's more to sleep paralysis than 'just your imagination'. That 'something more' might well be your imagination so be careful that you're not making it worse by projecting your fears onto him.

What your friend needs is a level head, one that he can rely on because his is probably coming apart. He needs a friend who can sympathise and empathise, not someone who's going to make it worse.

It's worth finding out more about these 'entities' - are they actually demons or are they beings who have come into contact with him because he's open to communication with them? Are they benevolent or malevolent, or are you allowing your fear to take over? If you are then it's hardly any wonder he wants little to do with you. It has probably nothing to do with your Spiritual awareness at all, he might well be simply trying to protect himself because he perceives you as a potential threat. Whatever he's experiencing is very real to him and if you try and persuade him differently, that's only going to cause conflict in his mind on top of what he's trying to deal with. And it doesn't matter if he's 'Spiritually awake' or not, it's a psychic ability rather than Spiritual.

One of the common things that happen is that when people define themselves as Spiritually awake, what they are often not awake to is that by extension they define others as not Spiritually awake. That causes separation that Spiritually awake people would say doesn't exist. To those who are not Spiritually awake that comes across as religious fundamentalism. When you become Spiritually awake to the realisation that we are all aspects of Source and there is nothing or nobody that isn't an aspect of Source, being Spiritually awake is only good for the ego.
Old 19-04-2019, 04:55 AM
Master
I don't believe in demons or dark possession so I can't speak to that.

I think a possible logical conclusion is that you used to both be on similar levels. Like your experiences were similar. But now your experiences are not similar and it's causing problems.

A common thing in people who experience something good is that they want to share it with others. It can be a spiritual revolution, maybe a better way of taking out the trash, maybe a better way of doing business. No matter what it is, if its good you want to share it.

If someone else is a trashman, a spiritual practioner, or a businessman, they are very willing and ready to listen and learn. but if they are not, they can sometimes react badly.

If you cherish the friendship, you will meet your friend where he is no matter where that is. If he's not into 5d and spirituality, then that's just how it is and he sounds like he doesn't want to learn about them. If he just wants to talk about video games and tv shows, and you want to be friends with him, then talk about video games and tv shows.

I've done the same and it's not a crime or a sin or a fault. It's just accepting people where they are and not pushing your ideas unto them because you think they can evolve or be better in some way.

What I sometimes do is drop a hint now and then and see how that goes. Over many years my friend has been willing to listen to me, but he doesn't want to sit and listen to spirituality. He will listen if I talk because he accepts me where I am, but it's not like we have hours upon hours of talking and I'm teaching him things. We are not teacher and student, we are friend and friend. I teach others who want it, but for those who don't I am just a friend.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:37 PM
Knower

When one is born and raised into a tight-knit religious sect, as I was, and later in years leaves the community and lapses in the family faith, one cannot but, unintentionally, emotionally hurt one’s former coreligionists.

Had I been born into a secularist household, yet with the same inner yen for spiritual knowledge, if it were left up to me from the very beginning, I would remain a spiritual solitary as I am today. It has never been in me to want to belong to a church.

There are some who convert to the Christian faith and point to the verse at Matthew 10:35 as if to give their religious conversion validation that they’re on the right path. It is their decision to do so, but by no means does it prove absolute truth.

I have few friends who are nonspiritual, thus I have never experienced hurting a secularist’s feelings on account of my spiritual yearning. Those that I may associate with from time-to-time who are worldings as I describe them, are not interested in my spiritual side and thus when in each other’s company we stick to discussing things that both of us can relate to. Did you catch the game on tv last night? et cetera.

Still, I find it difficult to relate to most worldings, and I sense the feeling is mutual. I simply can’t relate to people who almost brag about their getting plastered the night before, or their having attended a noisy Hard Rock concert hosted by musicians likely into promiscuous sex, alcohol abuse and drugs.

Sometime back in the early Aughts I began drifting away from the flock. Prior to this, I had a few congregants my age that I was chummy with. We fraternized, but I never really felt close to any of them. Basically, we socialized together because of our shared theology.

One of these chums of mine, however, was a highly devout member, practically a zealot. He’d been recruited into the fold and took his new-found religion more seriously than I ever did. Whereas I at the time was discovering a whole other intellectual world beyond the figurative confines of the sect, for this fellow all that mattered to him was the Bible.

If, say, a group of us got together to watch a movie, it would always have to be PG-rated. There were a few times when I tried expanding their horizons, wanting to introduce them to quality and thought-provoking films, but if these contained even one swear word or even a bit of kissy-kissy, they’d hone in on this and get all hoity-toity with me and afterwards pull me aside and take to counseling me on my choice of “unwholesome” entertainment. Some even suggested to me that I was a “spiritually weak” person out to warp their thinking in my introducing them to movies outside of Family fare.

It was during those years that I knew I had to get out, for the sake of my own sanity and spiritual development. I was discovering who I was and knew that I did not belong there. There was also this sense that I was being drawn out from that unhealthily prim environment by a numinous guiding force. Of course, had I told these ones this, they’d have said I was being led astray by the Devil. They and their fellow sectarians alone had the Truth. They were quite adamant about that. (If that isn’t pietism, I don’t know what is.) Who was I to leave their faith as if I knew better? they would have felt.

So I left. More than gladly drifted away and apart from my former pals and their dogmatic attitude which I thoroughly disliked.

One of these ex-chaps called me up one day way back when and told me how much I’d hurt him for my abandoning my religious beliefs. Little did he realize that I had never put much stock in the sect’s theocratic worldview to begin with. He must have considered me a conformist and zealous member like he was, though I can’t see why.

Years later, during my literary travels I would learn about others who also left churches and other houses of worship behind for a path of individual spiritual development. Some of these referred to their departure as their search for gnosis; others moved on in their quest for cosmic consciousness.

During my younger years as an inquisitive and independent-minded nominal sectarian, it was regularly drummed into us from the pulpit the need for each and all to widen out in their love for one another. In retrospect, I understand why that was, on a deeper level.

I hereby put forth the following analysis of the situation, as it pertains to my own case in my leaving long ago the congregation I once belonged to and subsequently my inadvertently upsetting some of its members for my having done so...

A cultish community differs from a conventional religious group in that continual pressure to conform to the leader or leadership's set of values, whether Bible-based or otherwise, derives from one's associations within “the family” or “brotherhood” (the latter encompassing “sisters” as well) so that one's fellow followers – or watchdogs – become spoken or unspoken judgers of your own attitude and behavior, as to whether or not these measure up to the group's – often high, rigid, and impractical – standards. If one member feels that another isn't pulling his or her weight, the perceived slacker is counseled, often from a more devoted co-follower. The God-worshipper doesn't just show up for church, nor is he involved in just a personal relationship with God alone, with God as the ultimate judge of one's attitude and behavior. Within the cultic community, believers show up to honor God in houses of worship as family members, and to engage in socialization. The path to God, to truth, becomes a collective one, as opposed to a personal one. Thus, one's attitude and behavior (i.e. one's devotion) is under constant scrutiny, not just by God but by one's internal attachments. Failure for one to live up to the standards of the group affects “the consciences” of others within the community. As seen through the lens of the cultic ulterior motive, so to speak, the purpose, then, in encouraging members to become and remain close to one's brothers and sisters is, on a far more insidious level, so as to make it difficult for one should he or she lose interest or decide to emotionally, mentally, and/or physically decide to leave the group environment. So that even one's disassociation or dissension, if at all attainable, will negatively affect loved ones and friends within, especially so if one's physical relatives – one's fleshly parents and siblings – are followers, does it oftentimes work to discourage a cult member from disobedience or leaving. In other words, it is relatively easy for one to leave a church but oftentimes not so easy to leave a cult or cultish sect.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:42 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Here's an idea: Maybe he is becoming more distant precisely because you are keeping things from him? People can sense when you're not being sincere or hiding secrets. You can't really lose by it, so it might be worth talking to him about spiritual matters. Who knows, he might even appreciate it and trust you more.
No its not that, i tried to have a conversation with him about conspiracies and mysteries of life and he was so ignorant he refused to believe anything or even think about it. I find it so strange how he suddenly hates me, it really isnt natural