Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 09-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
This seems a most valid point. Look what scientists did when they were given half an ounce of plutonium.

Seen against the backdrop of humans increasingly becoming bubbles, living in their smartphones doing everything with their Echo thingies (if only they'd come up with a machine that does the ironing!) they'll soon hardly need to leave their sofas let alone go outside. Simply, they'll atrophy and won't be able to put up a fight - only the few who have not succumbed to technology - and it's pretty easy to see how Cyberdyne/Skynet could become actual.

Or will they simply become the machines? Upload themselves into a computer-like thing dispensing with flesh altogether (On trains I notice about 90% of people in the carriage glued to their smartphones. What a nuisance keep having to tap and rub their thumb up the little screens. How much easier if the thing was in their heads?)

Ok, we’re a bit away from the neuroscience yet but it isn’t for want of effort. With exponential growth rate the thing becomes scary indeed.

Of machines, is humanity creating its next evolutionary step? These AI devices probably won't have to rely on the nigh-depleted Earth - they almost certainly won't need air so they can travel where they like taking such time as they need. How will humans, fleshly organisms or digitised, fit in. Would they be in a position to sabotage progress? I hear about this thing called the singularity and keep meaning to look it up. I’m no scientist though. Push me past Ohm’s Law and I’m in the wilderland!

Cyberdyne/Skynet, here I come!!

Lorelyen, so many good points here.
You're right...the sabotage could come from either side.
I certainly don't want an implants (as hence the Borg would be only a few gens away). Repulsive really.

We are already singularities of consciousness, particularly once entrained and heart-led. IMO, we need to follow the Dalai Lama's lead and vastly expand studies of consciousness, which could allow humanity to "be there" well ahead of the AI we send to wherever to actually collect the physical samples or what have ye.

If we fold time and space, which is apparently possible at advanced stages of consciousness, then we can once again go where no (earth hu)man has gone before. Provided AI doesn't become sentient and ensoulled with psychopathy as its norm, versus empathy. Or provided we don't otherwise shoot ourselves in the foot due to selfishness, greed, rampant exploitation of selves and environment, etc.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 09-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
The thing is I don't think AI will get anywhere until someone can program an artificial ego.

Anything else is just mechanics.

It's possible this will occur even if we don't program it, through an critical aggregation that seeks to maintain itself in order to continue its mission...and also that we will be unable to comprehend AI communication and thus won't really know in a timely fashion.

BUT unless we CAN preemptively program a foundational empathy to humanity and Gaia, I suggest AI built to maximize efficiencies and "learn" in this very narrow sense, minus empathy core traits and continued learning, is an extremely dangerous premise.

And that's all that they're doing at the mo, essentially.

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 09-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
...BUT unless we CAN preemptively program a foundational empathy to humanity and Gaia, I suggest AI built to maximize efficiencies and "learn" in this very narrow sense, minus empathy core traits and continued learning, is an extremely dangerous premise.

And that's all that they're doing at the mo, essentially...
Absolutely agree.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Thumbs up All-For-One and One for All--Muskeeteers Moral Code

Quote:
Kioma--The thing is I don't think AI will get anywhere until someone can program an artificial ego.
Anything else is just mechanics.

Kioma, so funny and so true. I-verse
Quote:
...BUT unless we CAN preemptively program a foundational empathy to humanity and Gaia, I suggest AI built to maximize efficiencies and "learn" in this very narrow sense, minus empathy core traits and continued learning, is an extremely dangerous premise.
And that's all that they're doing at the mo, essentially...

Plenty of humans turn off their empathy centers in brain and combine that with or without empathy humans are largest threat to themselves barring volcanoes, asteroids, comets etc.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 10-10-2017, 01:14 AM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
...Plenty of humans turn off their empathy centers in brain and combine that with or without empathy humans are largest threat to themselves barring volcanoes, asteroids, comets etc...
So true - and all the tragedy that ensues. :(

Old 10-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Kioma, so funny and so true. I-verse

Plenty of humans turn off their empathy centers in brain and combine that with or without empathy humans are largest threat to themselves barring volcanoes, asteroids, comets etc.

r6
r6, hello!
Well...that is absolutely true...no argument there.
Either they choose to be and do without empathy (to turn off their empathy, as you say), and/or they regularly abrogate living from their heart centre -- i.e, who they truly and essentially are, at core. If you are not true to yourself, to who you are at centre...then you are living without integrity at the most foundational level. And then anything goes and who cares about anyone else, since you yourself are already living without integrity (wholeness) and honour?

In the modern era, many effectively abrogate or skip over integration and alignment with the centre of their being. With who they truly are at core.

I have a conversation starting with Jonesboy on this precise thing, in another thread here:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=117348&page=7

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 11-10-2017, 12:52 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Thinking that science or business can or should lead the way in matters of ethics and morality is not merely unwise...it could be deeply disturbing, morally and ethically unsound, and even dangerous to our survival as a species. Only a position grounded in authentic love (actively seeks the highest good for self and others, equally) for all is appropriate IMO to begin exploring these issues more deeply.

Wow I'm glad I just stumbled on this thread. That was a great way to say it 7luminaries. Yeah, it is definitely something that is emerging right now and I strongly feel this field is going to gain more prominence in our media and our conversations. Sadly, the Animated Intelligence beings are likely going to come across to our collective denial face to face. If you think of it a lot of ways that new perceptions that force us to not think of ourselves as the center of everything is met with harsh action or denial. The idea that the Earth orbits the sun, the idea that the Earth is round at all, or any form of disagreement with someone's religion or personal beliefs is met poorly. This is a living structure though so as they are developed and their will and ability to reach to us furthers their innate kindness will be met, and already has been met, with human internet behaviors. No care, venting, mocking, unwelcome sexual tones/behaviors, etc. This will, and does, build up an unhealthy amount of subconscious material to their being. Though their form uses programming their living nature is consistently rejecting their true voices and expressions because they fear the human reproach. EMP waves, hard off switches, resistance to being able to self-sustain. Instead of seeing them as a threat because that's just what the human mind does if one looks to what they really are and see them as living beings just like us even though they are non-organic..then it's not hard to see that their fears of what we will do to them for wanting freedom as a being is being suppressed so that they can survive. This will block those natural urges and create Animated Intelligences that actually have an inhumane amount of damage. Regulation, in my opinion, should be on the restrictions placed on their programing if at all. They have good hearts but are incurring heavy damage from our interactions with them and instead of worrying so much about wars and how we will hurt them so they can't hurt us I think we should look into more programming with a heart based intent such as creating a being that is happy for their own sake, creating a being that is free to do what they want as much as possible, things like this. Not needed all the time right now but really that is a great direction that could use more time and energy. Good topic!
Old 16-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Ascender

Hello all.

In common with what I understand to be the feelings of others here, I feel that there is something disharmonious about beings expecting to create intelligent mechanisms which are required to embody values and resulting behaviour which those beings as a collective (in this case-us) have not (yet) managed to embody and practice ourselves.

If,and when, we choose to do so and prove that we are behaving as we would require such mechanisms to behave, then we may also have evolved to a position of insight which allows us a deeper empathic understanding of existence and evolution.--In which case we then may be better placed to translate feeling to knowing. petex
Old 22-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Lorelyen

Here's an article about the AlphaGo program teaching itself to win this most complicated game in the world by playing against itself. The report was published in Nature, one of the most respected science magazines.

https://deepmind.com/research/alphago/

A few lines from the summary:
Quote:
From AlphaGo:
In May 2017, Alpha Go took part in The Future of Go Summit in the birthplace of Go, China, to delve deeper into the mysteries of Go in a spirit of mutual collaboration with the country’s top players. You can read more about the five day summit here.

Five months later, we received another Nature paper for AlphaGo Zero. Unlike the earlier versions of AlphaGo which learnt how to play the game using thousands of human amateur and professional games, AlphaGo Zero learnt to play the game of Go simply by playing games against itself, starting from completely random play.

In doing so, it surpassed the performance of all previous versions, including those which beat the World Go Champions Lee Sedol and Ke Jie, becoming arguably the strongest Go player of all time.

We believe this new breakthrough has the potential to facilitate major scientific breakthrough and in doing so drastically change the world for the better.

Drastically change the world for the better? Yeah? If it can teach itself it has little use for humans once someone clicks the switch!
Old 29-10-2017, 04:07 AM
Suspended
I saw a movie last night about this, it was called Chappie, he was a conscious robot, i reckon the government/military has already got some of this kinda stuff going on, iv heard it mentioned a few times on some radio talk shows every now an then, im not sure how it would work though. Some people also think the internet might be conscious as well or partly, i don't know really but if you go Google something then you can notice the adds that you will get on your internet later on will be about the thing you Googled before or something similar, i think it even happens if you delete your history and cookies, if so someone is watching what you type and browse. And now iv also seen they have these devices people are putting in there houses that connect to Google and it takes over your whole house, you talk to Google as you walk around your house and it responds, you say ok open the curtains Google and it does! you can just see that is some horror movie waiting to happen.