Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-09-2013, 05:43 AM
Luke Kennedy

I feared death for a very long time. Mainly due to the fact that I was a terrible violent person who led a street fighting gang and didn't know what to expect after death. Since getting stabbed and facing death a couple of other times I read a couple of books on awakening and it changed my life.
I haven't hurt a single soul since doing so. Life continues to get better and I now help people both emotionally and physically.
I still don't know what to expect after death. However I no longer fear it because I know now that I have actually lived.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:35 AM
primrose

haven't hurt a single soul since doing so. Life continues to get better and I now help people both emotionally and physically

Good for you in turning your life around.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Luke Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
haven't hurt a single soul since doing so. Life continues to get better and I now help people both emotionally and physically

Good for you in turning your life around.

Thank you very much :)
Old 03-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Master

There is a fantastic website http://www.near-death.com
It has a lot of near death experiences you can read.

There are also two books by a fellow named Michael Newton that you might find fascinating. He was a hypnotherapist who stumbled upon "lives between lives". Some of his patients talked about what they were up to after they died so he started specifically looking into it. It's been awhile since I've read them but it talks about soul groups, how we choose our next lives etc.

Congratulations on the huge achievement of changing your life and moving it in an entirely new direction. It could very well be one of the main goals you came in to this lifetime to do!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:51 AM
annieh

When I saw this thread I knew I had to come and share my most recent accounts that may or may not be understood by those who are in fear death, or any other fears for that matter.

I have lived 51 years of fear, mostly truths, self truths, outwardly truths, what is true, what is not true, etc etc.

I have been in 5 Natural disasters and I have seen my fair share of sad outcomes due to these disasters. Because of these incidents I found myself involved with, I developed PTSD ( post traumatic stress disorder) and have lived with it for so many years! The side effects of PTSD turned into more than just a fear of death, there were secondary fears, and thirds and so on and so on to the point that even being out in a rain was fearful for me.

Recently, I have discovered through MANY years of searching, seeking, pounding books, and people for information about life after physical death. I studied Near Death experiences to the point that I became a hypno-regressionist just so I could hear other people talk about their past lives, in between life existences and so on. That didn't work out so well for me as I started to even doubt the progress of Hypnosis. There I found myself stuck in another rut not knowing where to turn.

As time moves forward, many lessons had come my way, more than my share I wished to experience ( or so I thought at the time). Recently I had an extremely profound experience that has completely changed my mind about fear, why I had been feared and why it's so important to remove fear from my life.

Depending on your personal knowing and what you except and your truths or not, will decipher if this will resonate with you, or not. After a long many years of searching I finally ( insert a big breath of fresh air here) saw where fear was nothing but a human emotion that had nothing to do with my spirit at all. My spirit does not fear anything, my spirit knows why it's here, why we experience what we do, my spirit knows this is not the first time experiencing, nor will it be the last. My spirit has learned that leaving the physical body is nothing more than standing up from one chair, and moving to a different chair, they are still chairs, just a different experience of a chair.

The most common question people want to ask after you share this information with them is... what did you do to have this experience.... it's a very simple answer... yet it took me 51 years to see it and understand it even after it had been shown to me MANY times in my life.... I asked! I asked my soul group, my guides, the energy of all existence, I asked everything to show me. The simplest answer was right in front of my very own eyes.

A tree....A simple tree...in the summer it is full of leaves, green, blossoms if it does, in the fall, the leaves start to fall off and go back to the ground to reshape, form, and become part of everything all over again. In the winter, there are no leaves, the tree's look dead, yet they are not, they are very much alive, they are processing to get ready to spring out new leaves and blossoms again. This is said for everything, nothing dies! Everything continues to become part of itself again, yet differently, with a different experience.

Now, you would think that a person with a pretty good education would have had a grip on this concept years and years ago.. nope, I didn't. Children get this concept, even animals get this concept. But me??? I didn't! Until recently!!

I hope and pray that you find the one thing in this life that helps you to overcome fear, as fear blocks your body, can cause such unnecessary sickness and heartache and emotional trauma. I also learned the better question we could ask instead of life after death..... How to love ourselves deeply, by KNOWING who we are... we are spirit first and foremost having a human experience! :)

Blessings and eternal love
Annie
Old 12-09-2013, 02:29 AM
CJ82Sky

oh annie thank you so much for sharing this. it is much needed right now. i am not sure why but lately i have been having near-panic attacks at the thought of death in any form, my own or my loved ones.

i have several cats in their teens, and one who is 16 and one who is 14 have been with me since they were kittens and i love them dearly. the 14 year old is attached to me so much (she is sitting on my arms sleeping as i type this) and lies in bed with me every night, and we are so intertwined and when i realize we may only have a few more years left together, i panic but keep reminding myself that we have so much time still to enjoy together. my one horse is the same way with me - he is 15 now and while still vibrant and healthy even the thought of losing him at all devastates me. and my one dog is 7 and a large dog, and same thing. and i worry about me turning 37 next month and knowing that i've been single for so long, worrying that i will be alone forever (and i have a history of this in many lives - being a loner). and then i worry that if something happens to me, who will take care of my animals if i am alone, and so on. i think it just all came together as this fear that felt overwhelming to me. even typing this i can feel my chest tighten and my throat constrict.

reading what you said helped me take a moment and remind myself that all of these connections are far stronger than just this life. and the souls that are with me will always be with me - i have lost other animals that are dear to me before over the years, and some have been heartbreaking too, but i know that they are still with me. and over time i just need to remind myself of everything you said.

it all resonates so much with me, as something i ALREADY knew, and do still know, but needed a gentle reminder. the fear isn't totally gone, but i can keep reminding myself this and remember to be present in today, and know that my soul and the souls of those i love have a far stronger connection. and that i don't need to answer where infinity goes and how many lives, and universes and defining things in concrete terms - that's all the human thing to do. to define and constrict. and it's terrifying. i don't know where this all came from, and i didn't realize how bad it was until well, typing this now. i just go to questioning so much... but i need to remind myself to have faith. the soul has truth, and in the soul we find peace.

thank you thank you thank you. i will be reminding myself of the tree analogy every day and every time i worry about losing those i love <3
Old 12-09-2013, 03:16 AM
annieh

oh Cj, I am SO happy to hear my story has touched your inner heart! Just remember my dear, all the animals we love in this life, helps them to progress to the next stages of their experiences too. When I learned that, I was so delighted to know, because of my love for them, I helped them to progress on further and have yet more amazing experiences. Wow, it doesn't get any better then that, does it :)

Psst, I also have horses, macaw birds, dogs, you name it.. I have it...lol We are the type of people, and all those who have given an animal love, even wild animals, just by spiritually loving them, have helped them progress to their next experiences. We are so very fortunate to get to do that for each other! Carry that loving thought and smile with you, as you have done your loving duty well :) Now, love yourself just as much and even more!!.. hugs to you!!!

eternal love
annie
Old 12-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi, I have been on my spiritual journey for a few years now and know I feel I am getting close to the 'truth' (so to speak). Something which has come into my consciousness recently is the subject of death.

I am working on learning more about death and to embrace it fully.

I just wondered if anyone here has fully overcome the fear of death? If so, do they feel completely fearless in most aspects of their lives?? I feel being totally fearless is the only way to really live!

Peace and love x

Near death experiences teach us death is not to be feared. But that doesn't take away the fear of pain in the process of dying. Many fear that pain and the loss of their loved ones. I believe in our society fear of the afterlife is also present. There is nothing to fear in death or the afterlife. Just know that you are a precious child of God whom He holds in love and compassion forever. You can use that as an affirmation if you choose.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Experiencer

Study Elisabeth Kubler Ross God bless her Soul, Read NDE accounts, I particularly recommend George Ritchie, Betty Eadie and Howard Storm.

The Scole experiment, Reincarnation proof on Youtube.

God Bless may you overcome the fear that most if not all have faced.
Old 13-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Master

On N.D.E. s Dr. Raymond Moody , and Sam Parnia have done a lot of work . 2 of many sites on these 2 people . http://www.nourfoundation.com/speake...-phd-mrcp.html http://www.near-death.com/experiences/triggers18.html