Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 09-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Experiencer
FAIRIES AND GARDEN WEEDS

Greetings,

Any requests to my neighbour for help will be ignored. Read on.

My neighbour's invasive weed (Bindweed in Britain) keeps sliding under or through the slats of my garden fence. And it's very determined about it, too! As best as I can I pull it out, but its tendrils are very much entrenched on the other side. Spraying the tendrils, on my side, with weed-killer only destroys its exposed parts - two weeks later back it comes again.

The next thing I tried is talking to this bindweed. I asked it to stay on my neighbour's side of the fence. This had no effect at all. Giving it freedom to think doubles its invading efforts.

So, being as all plants have an individual or group spirit in charge of it or them, I have now asked the bindweed elemental to: "Please persuade it, or please ensure, your plant changes direction away from my garden."

Back it comes again! I think that plant is laughing at me.

Anybody got any suggestions? Besides dynamite, that is.

JOHNTY
Old 10-02-2019, 04:20 AM
janielee

Can you talk to your neighbour, Johnty?
Old 10-02-2019, 04:51 AM
Knower

You probably offended him by spraying weed-killer. If I were an elemental I wouldn't respect or listen to someone who lashed out at me and then told me what to do.

"What you resist not only persists, but will grow in size." Carl Jung

But having said that you can try understanding the bindweed as weeds are simply opportunists, they take advantage of the situation for their own benefit.

I had a look at the weed profile https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=241

And some things that stand out are: "Areas affected Uncultivated ground, beds, borders, paths, drives and lawns"

So is this an area you aren't planting in? You could plant something but importantly...

"Main causes Twining weed with creeping underground stems (rhizomes)"

They seem to have deep tap roots so you possibly want something that competes with it - a non-invasive bamboo because bamboo makes it impossible for other plants to break through. Or, if you like, stinging nettle due to its deep taproot and as a tea is tasty and also a nutritious spinach alternative.

Anyway, those are some suggestions. I wish you the very best of luck with your predicament and happy gardening

Heal yourself and you heal the world

~
Old 10-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Master
Bindweed is tough to get rid of. Instead of pulling them out, try cutting them off at ground level. Fairies, etc tend to encourage plants to grow. I don't know if you have any bilaws concerning weeds but do try to talk to your neighbour. If the neighbour doesn't want, or can't, do the work perhaps s/he'll let you come into their yard to pull the weeds. Soon as you pull one, put it in a bucket or bag. This is one weed you don't compost. Leave the weeds in a bucket until you're sure it's dead. You have to check the area every day too.

Good luck!

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 11-02-2019, 11:04 PM
Master
I google imaged and it shows pictures of what I know as morning glory flowers? is that the same thing?

ahhh we have these growing a bit around here, though it's mostly in this back area behind the house that is not part of our property, and separated by fences and weird shed buildings and stuff the previous owner had built back there lol.. anyways, I just love looking back there, or actually going there, and I feel it is so very magical.. there are purple and pink flowers in addition to the white ones. Actually it specifically reminds me of this story I was read as a girl, about Morgan and the Unicorn and I feel like a princess peering into that area with those flowers.

So as you might guess I personally wish more were growing around and celebrate the new growths I've seen last season. However, of course I can definitely relate to you not wanting these overtaking your yard. and I don't know if your vine even has flowers, but I digress... For me it is a troubling perplexing conundrum to consider when it comes to invasive species of plants, and even trees because I love them soooo much, yet if for instance the yard is populated with gigantic trees, no Sun can shine in! and too many 'weeds' or whatever plants growing around can inhibit the growth of other things you want to grow, and you know how it goes..

So it tears at my heart that sometimes it is necessary or even good to destroy these beautiful little gems which do deserve to live yet perhaps simply logically and sensibly cannot remain.. I mean I love to sit on the ground and lower my head and stare at the dozen or so different green weeds you can usually see in a given patch of grass. and usually half a dozen 'weed flowers' around too. I adore them and have had fights with my fiance for him continuing to mow the lawn lol.. and I even learned some cool things about weeds. but at the same time of course I know that sometimes they just gotta go, or else whatever other things you want or need won't grow.

Some of the interesting things I learned about weeds, are that seeds can lie dormant beneath the Earth's surface for decades even, and then when the proper growing conditions for them are created they will start thriving. The sweetest part about that, is that most weeds have a specific person. Like one will remove mercury or certain manmade toxins from the environment or ground, and certain acidity or alkalinity is required for particular weeds, and they transform the soil and so on. Although this is not always going to be for the greatest good according to your yard, it generally is for good that the weeds behave as they do. There are a lot of toxins besides mercury that they can help transmute.

And surely most reading this are aware of companion planting. Which you could actually use that to your advantage in this case, and plant something you do want that'll deter the bindweed from growing over in your area. Btu what my main piece of advice after and aside from all this musing, would be to use essential oils. especially since you've used weedkiller which I don't want to know what that consists of... essential oils will work better and not harm your yard or even you in the process..

I'm sorry but I think the fact you sprayed it with poison (unless your weed-killer is actually as benign or beneficial as something like pure essential oils are) would make the bindweed and its ethereal components hesitant to talk to or listen to you. as I see taurus already pointed out lol.. Hopefully there is an inexpensive enough and effective essential oil that will work with the bindweed. It can have other benefits on your yard too. I'll help you research the subject if you can't easily find what essential oils could work.