Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 29-05-2017, 07:37 AM
Master
I Experienced A Past Life!

...and I'm still experiencing it and getting over it because it totally came out of nowhere and blew my mind...shot it to smithereens....totally!

It all happened after I found myself messed up in an Indo-Aryan language I had not learned...looking as to the reason why Indians pronounce "B" as "V" and "Y" as "J" and the suffix "ava" becoming "achana"...

So, Bhairava was Vairochana and the lines between Hinduism and Buddhism really started to really blur...I saw Shiva, but He was Buddha and Buddha was Shiva and the teachings were all messed up and I was reading in the Brahmi script..

So, I made a post about it:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...4&postcount=29

After that, I sought to get right down to the etymology of it, because in Bali (where I grew up) the tems "Bhairava" and "Vairochana" were interchangeable and yet, I didn't know why...all I knew about was those guardian statues all around that represented Lord Shiva that I fell in love with and had a very strong attraction towards...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a8bd28ac20.jpg

I am a Tantrik in this life (due to mystical experiences in Indonesia) but I knew nothing about the history of Tantra IN Indonesia...and I still wanted to find out about all the dialectical differences between ancient Javanese and Sanskrit...so my hand was guided towards a book...and I made another post about it:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...6&postcount=30

I have been to Candi Sukur in Solo once and it was like an instant recognition happened...like a magnet drew me towards certain parts...certain things...I felt so much peace and bliss there...like I was 'home' somehow.

http://images.travelpod.com/tw_slide...-solo-solo.jpg

I never knew about the king who built it, nor did I know he was a great devotee of Lord Shiva AND Buddha and that's why the language lines were so blurred...when I read the King's name, I was like "why does that sound SO familiar to me" and when I saw his face, I was like "That's HIM!...my lord, my liege...your servant is still here"....and I made another post about it:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=31

After that, I recalled the place where he died, was buried:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kertan..._singosari.jpg

I saw the funerary statues being made...I felt the heat of the funeral pyre...I felt my tears...then I recalled his son who came to power and united Java with East India along trade routes...his name Sundara Pandya Deva and when I saw his picture, I was like "OMG...the likeness is incredible" but how would I know this? So I made another post about it:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...5&postcount=32

I recall how prosperous Java was in the East Indian trade and I recall the Muslim invasion from the East and the Mongol invasion from the North, basically squeezing us out and dispersing the Kapalika sect all over Indonesia.

I recall my death in Gajah Biru from wounds acquired in battle...it was May of 1315...but I cannot recall my name back then...no doubt, it will come to me.

However, in my early years, my husband always called me "Gayatri Devi" and that was my spiritual name (which I didn't like very much, but it stuck).

I noticed that "Gayatri" was the name of that king's daughter and sister to Sundara (Jayanagara).

When I experienced all this, I could feel it as if it were happening to me right now...like there were two brains...two memories inside this one head and I could read this language I never learned before...ancient Tamil.
Old 29-05-2017, 08:15 AM
Suspended
Guide

It's pretty amazing how much cultural conditioning you carried over from past lives to this one. Interests, languages, religions, and Gods. i wonder if that is common or rare? I always assumed we do carry over some personality traits, but I figured the rest was like a clean slate. Especially religion. Like if you were a strict heavily conditioned Hindu in a past life, and then were born in a Christian community to Christian parents and attended Christian schools, I figured you would be pretty much a Christian for this life time. I didn't think the Hindu stuff from past lives would be carried into a new life. We do get a fresh new start each life time Or maybe we do lol. I don't know.

But then adults often discard the religious conditioning of their childhood and choose their own paths, so maybe we do carry past life religious interests from life to life. Or we carry having not much interest in religion at all. All of this just seems to make the idea of discarding ones conditioning so much harder. Like if it is all just carried forward into a new life, then we don't get much help between lives discarding it. All those energies are attached to our souls and it is up to us to see what should stay or be let go of I guess.

But then maybe we pick if we want some life threads to continue or not. Like say I am Hindu and I want that continued so I pick Hindu parents in a Hindu country for my next birth. I could also decide, ok I want some varied experiences so I want to be born to strict Jewish parents next life. It's probably up to us and our spirit guides.
Old 29-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana
It's pretty amazing how much cultural conditioning you carried over from past lives to this one. Interests, languages, religions, and Gods. i wonder if that is common or rare? I always assumed we do carry over some personality traits, but I figured the rest was like a clean slate. Especially religion. Like if you were a strict heavily conditioned Hindu in a past life, and then were born in a Christian community to Christian parents and attended Christian schools, I figured you would be pretty much a Christian for this life time. I didn't think the Hindu stuff from past lives would be carried into a new life. We do get a fresh new start each life time Or maybe we do lol. I don't know.

But then adults often discard the religious conditioning of their childhood and choose their own paths, so maybe we do carry past life religious interests from life to life. Or we carry having not much interest in religion at all. All of this just seems to make the idea of discarding ones conditioning so much harder. Like if it is all just carried forward into a new life, then we don't get much help between lives discarding it. All those energies are attached to our souls and it is up to us to see what should stay or be let go of I guess.

But then maybe we pick if we want some life threads to continue or not. Like say I am Hindu and I want that continued so I pick Hindu parents in a Hindu country for my next birth. I could also decide, ok I want some varied experiences so I want to be born to strict Jewish parents next life. It's probably up to us and our spirit guides.
Yep, I started wondering this too...how much of this was affecting my conditioning in this lifetime.

However, I still couldn't shake the tears that came when I saw the king's face and that of his son...I have never seen them before, I never knew about it...and yet, there was an instant recognition, like I have known them all my life and I had once served them somehow...with love and loyalty.

When I went to Candi Sukuh as a teenager....I knew the place, as if I had been there before but I had not.

Then, funnily enough, during my early years, I studied ancient Javanese, then the Brahmi script which led me to learn Devanagari (Sanskrit) and yet here I was reading details of a merchant's voyage in Tamil back in 1295...I was like "what the fu...?"

Then, I saw all those statues of Bairava/Vairochana being made in the king's 'fearsome image' to try and scare away any would-be attackers, before I was summoned to court basically to hear the news "well, that didn't seem to work out well, did it?"

There was a lot more to this...I was a Tantrik back then too...a devotee of Shiva...and I think when something that strong...when that loving bond between human and divine happens, it isn't forgotten quite so easily as that.

Maybe we are reminded of it at the right time for some kind of higher purpose...but the whole 'deja vu' feeling is just off the scale here.
Old 29-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Suspended
Guide

I wonder if some of the people in that life time, like the king or his son, are some people you know or have met or had relationships with in this life time, though they don't remember their past lives and may seem very different to you.
Old 29-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Good for you! It's amazing isn't it!!?
I am so happy for you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-05-2017, 01:47 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Yep, I started wondering this too...how much of this was affecting my conditioning in this lifetime.

However, I still couldn't shake the tears that came when I saw the king's face and that of his son...I have never seen them before, I never knew about it...and yet, there was an instant recognition, like I have known them all my life and I had once served them somehow...with love and loyalty.

Maybe we are reminded of it at the right time for some kind of higher purpose...but the whole 'deja vu' feeling is just off the scale here.
Cool I am happy for you. Thanks for sharing your experience. I have also seen that once I make the connection it all flows so that many parts of my life all start to make sense. Though it can take a long time before that happens. It's as if we all have tendencies that continue from one life into another but move unconsciously along a similar path until the memory occurs. Then you can see how it fits together and it jumps to a whole new perspective.
Old 30-05-2017, 05:37 AM
Suspended
Guide

I have not remembered past lives that I know of, but in many dreams I recognize people or places in the dream. Like I find myself somewhere and know I have been there many times in the past. I just don't know if I am remembering being there in previous lives or previous dreams. Then also I sometimes meet with people I immediately recognize in dreams even though I don't know them in this life.
Old 30-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
Cool I am happy for you. Thanks for sharing your experience. I have also seen that once I make the connection it all flows so that many parts of my life all start to make sense. Though it can take a long time before that happens. It's as if we all have tendencies that continue from one life into another but move unconsciously along a similar path until the memory occurs. Then you can see how it fits together and it jumps to a whole new perspective.
This is true..so true.

This was shown to me because I have reached a crossroads in my spiritual development that's having severe negative health effects.

I am a Tantra Yogi - in principle and theory only. I love and worship Shiva, but love isn't enough. I need to practice and teach now.

I have a degenerative disease and don't have long to live, but I can put it into remission for a few more years - but that is going to require strict routine, discipline and a 'leap of faith' hitherto unknown by me.

I go to doctors, but they are only grasping at straws and don't know anything about it. I have ankylosing spondylitis, fibromyalgia and lupus. Often I will lay in bed for weeks just screaming in pain and wanting to die, but death will mean that I cannot love Shiva in this form anymore.

So I pray to Shiva for help/healing energies...I can only say "Om Hroum Jhum Saha" so much...so much..until a whole heap of Ayurvedic medicine and practice gets downloaded into my brain and Shiva goes 'there we go, follow it or suffer...I can't help you any more than that".

So, this past life experience was showing me the side of Tantra that I know about but I am not practicing and it is vital....and He just reminded me just this very second as I type that 'vital' = 'vitality'.

Sometimes I directly channel those energies...much to my amazement and awe.

When I was trying to recall my name for this past life, the name "Padmapada" (lotus feet) jumped out at me...very violently...he said "that's my name".

However, I also got the message to check the disciples of Adi Shankaracharya, some 500 years earlier...and sure enough, one of them was called 'Padmapada'. I had vague recollections of sitting at the feet of my divine guru...Shiva incarnate...but that life is a bit sketchy to say the least, suffice to say I have always resonated with Shankaracharya's teachings at a level that went far beyond the mind.

Last edited by Shivani Devi : 30-05-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 30-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Master
I cannot find any information about a 'Padmapada' being at the court of the King, but I do recall the king cutting off the ear of an envoy of Kublai Khan when the Mongol Emperor demanded his unconditional surrender.

I have a feeling that I was either an architect, sculptor or a priest...I was a close confidante of the King...a good friend...but not important enough for history to mention it seems.

I also read up about that disciple of Shankaracharya and some of it resonates but a lot of it does not. I cannot recall doing most of those things, because a voice inside was going "that's not quite how it happened at all...they lie..."
Old 30-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Master
Anak Pawang (Dukun) - Silat/Silambam Master.

I was a doctor (Shaman) who was trained in the ways of the Silat (Kalarippayatt) an ancient martial art. I was physician to Maharajah Kertanegara Wikrama and a close confidante.

We held off the Mongols, eventually defeating them, but not without huge casualty. I was one.

Jayanagara wasn't the king's real son, but became the next ruler of the new kingdom which was re-established after his death.