Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 14-03-2017, 02:14 PM
*Neo*

What is your reason for living?

When I think of my reason for living, I think of something like, "to see the unfolding beauty of life, "or "to enjoy the dance of life".
I'm not sure why or how I came up with that and so I'm not sure if it's just a default reason for lack of anything better. And what are reasons we give things anyway? Now there's a question.

I find when I speak to random people in my area and ask them "how's it going?", there is a constant reference to their children and I get the impression people live through or even for their children. This is probably the reason for the look of horror on their faces (some cultures more so than others) when I tell them I can't have children, neither me or my partner.

But is does make me wonder too, (call me a sceptic) if theirs is also a default kind of reason, "I live for my children" because... that's all they can think of, the children dominate their lives and so it seems that they live for the children. That leads to other questions like, what about when the children are grown up and gone, or estranged families that become very loosely based or geographically dispersed.

I must admit, it very easy to say that someone else, even a cat or dog, is the reason you live, because they constantly interrupt your life and you have to stop what you are doing (or forget how lonely / bored / etc) you are for a minute while you feed the cat or take the dog for a walk (or feed your husband lol)

So, I might be very new to meditation, but I thought this might be a good section of this forum to ask this rambling question...
Old 14-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Master
I am sure there is another forum where this question will be dealt with satiesfactorily maybe Spiritual Development. I live for my children by default because just having children alters everything about a parent but there are exceptional cases like families that are enstranged or have a problem of being together. Without children I would live for myself and I think I won't mind dying young in that case.
Old 14-03-2017, 02:59 PM
*Neo*

Sorry to hear that! :/ The reason I chose this forum for the question is because I think it's a question that takes contemplation and a great deal of self examination. To ask not just what is your reason for living, but why at the deepest level, without falling into any of the traps of thinking that we all do.
Old 14-03-2017, 03:11 PM
Deactivated Account
It may change sometime when I find purpose, but right now I live only for my father who is the only one left in my family. I care little for the rest of the world.
Old 15-03-2017, 05:03 AM
Newbie ;)

My family...
Old 19-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Administrator
Hello

I think its fine in this section as it is something that many do take that meditation time to look deeper at. Its a deep place we have to go to at times to find out our meaning for being. I am not sure its as easy to just go to things like my pets, my kids, my home ect. Those are all things of great value but too there is a deeper self or soul meaning to it all as well.

I feel that we have a time when we come into a life and a time when we go out of a life and that is a pre set thing. So in that there is the meaning for living. Too others say we have a choice and there is the random factor of fate taking one out before that time is up.

I am here because I was to be here, my reason for living is that the Universe picked me a Father and a vessel that was to the "birthing tool" as I never connected to her on any level of my being.

I am here to bring in the three kids I did and to reunite in this lifetime with my Mirror Twin Flame Soul. We have been told by so many that the Universe had this in mind and that is why we are here. Part of me has to embrace that aspect of life.

Lynn
Old 20-03-2017, 12:44 AM
Guide

It's a interesting question you've asked. It's not an easy one to answer.

My reason for living is not my family. I mean, I care about them, but they do not define me, nor do I define them. If circumstances decreed that we would be permanently separated, I'd be ok with that. Maybe I'm a lousy parent, but I feel non-possessive of them, and I want no one being possessive of me.

So what's my reason for living? To teach others, to help others, to connect to the Universe and feel "at home."

That's probably a pretty lame reason, but that's honestly what keeps me going. Connecting to people in need, delivering messages, inspiring hope. If I couldn't do that, what would be the point in continuing to live? Just existing? No thank you.
Old 21-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Seeker

My reason is no reason. I try to stay connected to the now and see things for the way they really are, which is beyond words. I am because I am.
Old 21-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Thumbs up

What a great question!
The answer filled me instantly...I know and have known exactly
what my reason for living is and why I was created or even exist period;
whether 'here or there', this body or no body
and why I meditate, since it is in this section...
It's personal...but, suffice it to say, it involves God and only God.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
It's a interesting question you've asked. It's not an easy one to answer.

My reason for living is not my family. I mean, I care about them, but they do not define me, nor do I define them. If circumstances decreed that we would be permanently separated, I'd be ok with that. Maybe I'm a lousy parent, but I feel non-possessive of them, and I want no one being possessive of me.

So what's my reason for living? To teach others, to help others, to connect to the Universe and feel "at home."

That's probably a pretty lame reason, but that's honestly what keeps me going. Connecting to people in need, delivering messages, inspiring hope. If I couldn't do that, what would be the point in continuing to live? Just existing? No thank you.

Wow, this is an interesting answer and a food for thought!