Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 12-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Newbie ;)

>Self-Remembering<

Listen, and you will hear the universe speak. The mind never stops, it is a constant background noise. it distracts you from being the miracle that is happening right in front of you. when you truly listen and observe, by that I don't mean the chronic strain of seeing and listening, you become aware of your true nature and the power of your mind. Know how to use your mind, don't let it control you. Bring your mind to the present and stop thinking about your experiences, simply experience your experiences... BE. Lose your mind and come to your senses by focusing on the her and now, let the sound come to your ears, the light to your eyes. Thinking is a linear process, but when you see and use your consciousness as a whole, you grasp the totality of your existence and are able to experience the present moment at a much deeper level, which is essentially all that there is and needs to be. You find yourself.
- Le Créateur
Old 12-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Guide

Terrific! Being present takes practice. I've suffered on and off from anxiety and panic attacks and in a desperate search to stop them I came across a tip on the internet that said to engage all your senses. Name 5 things you see, 4 things you hear, 3 things you can feel, 2 things you can smell, 1 you can taste...something along those lines....anyway, what is anxiety other than too much thought about past events or anticipating future events? By being present and focusing your attention on the above you clear your thoughts and just be!
Old 12-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Terrific! Being present takes practice. I've suffered on and off from anxiety and panic attacks and in a desperate search to stop them I came across a tip on the internet that said to engage all your senses. Name 5 things you see, 4 things you hear, 3 things you can feel, 2 things you can smell, 1 you can taste...something along those lines....anyway, what is anxiety other than too much thought about past events or anticipating future events? By being present and focusing your attention on the above you clear your thoughts and just be!

Perfect! I like what you said about engaging all the senses. I completely agree with that. And also it's not merely "hearing" it's more so the conscious effort of being aware of the self and the here and now.
Old 13-03-2017, 12:05 PM
The mind never stops? Yeah, it does.
Maybe not until the first hour or 2 of meditation...but, it does stop.
Sorry, I couldn't let people think it is a 'constant background noise'.
it isn't...it does not have to be at all!

And again, welcome here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The mind never stops? Yeah, it does.
Maybe not until the first hour or 2 of meditation...but, it does stop.
Sorry, I couldn't let people think it is a 'constant background noise'.
it isn't...it does not have to be at all!

And again, welcome here.

Hello Miss Hepburn.

You and LeCréateur could possibly be referring to two different aspects of consciousness here, in terms of speaking of "mind." He didn't mention deep meditation, or that which is sometimes referred to as Nirvikalpa Samadhi. He is largely referring to a very practical, waking type of meditative living, as I understand it.

In terms of expansion of consciousness within the dream-realities that all beings experience, the "mind" in the broader sense as pertaining to soul consciousness/energy does indeed never really stop. Remember, energy is but consciousness, and the "Vortex" as you are familiar with it never actually "stops," for this Vortex is also mind. The entity "Abraham" knows and teaches this, yet does so in a (positively) tricky way, never actually literally saying that the Vortex is also mind. . .not in that terminology, that is.

Therefore, when a person "stops thought" during meditation, which Abraham and many other teachers have mentioned as possible, the momentum of expansion from the person's Vortex of desire--in other words, the person's karmic momentum--doesn't stop, it still appears to move, even while the meditator's awareness in observer mode may be focused purely on a sense of stillness and silence, purely on the sense, "I AM," or Is-ness.

So, in a sense, both "stopping thought" and "mind never stops" are BOTH equally "real" and both equally illusory one could accurately say, since all movement is ultimately illusory. Hence, the "Uncarved Block" that Lao Tzu made reference to, which is the true changeless nature of Tao, AKA the "Absolute" or Para Brahman.

Most students of the Tao are familiar with the Tao that appears to move/flow, not the "Uncarved Block," which is not the same reality as motion, which is why there is hardly ever any mention of the "Uncarved Block" in Taoism. . .most simply disregard the deeper significance of what "Tao" ultimately is.

The multiverse (which is also mind) never actually stops when a person's awareness expands to embrace eternity.

Teachers like Abraham know this very well, yet wisely choose to keep things very simple for students of metaphysics and simply say that "thought" or "the mind" can stop. What is really happening in terms of the process of reaching deep meditation is that the meditator is simply shifting his/her awareness from the unending business of the monkey mind or Tao that appears to be in "perpetual motion," loosening his/her grip on form. . .letting go of resistance to the true state of consciousness, which is formless. . .and in this sense of letting go of the world and the little "I" of personal identity, the meditator notices that the momentum of thought has "slowed down" or vanishes altogether at some point.

However, the meditator's awareness is also part of eternal consciousness, of course. So, in these types of discussions about "mind," quite often people may have some very different ideas of mind when they discuss and debate these things, being that the word "mind" can be referring to different things or states of consciousness. One could say that "Mind can stop, but awareness is ever-present," and not be contradicting oneself, because the person could indeed be using "mind" to refer to one thing, such as the personal mind, and "awareness" to another, such as God-Consciousness.

The mind that becomes "quiet" during meditation is but a portion of the larger soul consciousness, thus when one "stops thought" or "stops mind" there are other aspects of mind that are still moving or in monkey business, such as the person's momentum of desires, since all beings have desire.
Old 13-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCréateur
Listen, and you will hear the universe speak. The mind never stops, it is a constant background noise. it distracts you from being the miracle that is happening right in front of you. when you truly listen and observe, by that I don't mean the chronic strain of seeing and listening, you become aware of your true nature and the power of your mind. Know how to use your mind, don't let it control you. Bring your mind to the present and stop thinking about your experiences, simply experience your experiences... BE. Lose your mind and come to your senses by focusing on the her and now, let the sound come to your ears, the light to your eyes. Thinking is a linear process, but when you see and use your consciousness as a whole, you grasp the totality of your existence and are able to experience the present moment at a much deeper level, which is essentially all that there is and needs to be. You find yourself.
- Le Créateur

Hello and welcome to Spiritual Forums, LeCréateur.

Meditative living. . .I love it.

When "coming to the senses," so to speak, one is not literally "losing the mind," one is actually expanding their self-consciousness to include MORE of the mind in its true state. If by "losing the mind" one is referring to letting go resistance to the Eternal Now, then this indeed is required in order for one to discover oneself.
Old 13-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Deactivated Account
"Being the miracle" must be a JOYOUS activity of being, or else it is not authentically being the miracle, for true miracles are expressions of love/joy. So very often in teachings and discussions about self-remembering, mindfulness, meditation, etc., rarely do students/teachers speak of or emphasize the fundamental importance of SELF-LOVE/JOY.

Focusing on thoughts, feelings and activities that bring joy and extend joy is far more practical and easier to accomplish than spending months or years practicing meditation in learning to "quiet" or "still the mind" or to "be present." Most meditative practices lack a central focus on the core importance of self-love/joy.

When one learns that joy is not separate from self-realization, that bliss is not separate from surrendering to The Now, one realizes that focusing on inner attunement to their joyous True Nature is actually enough. . .that this focus, this attitude, accomplishes deep realization of one's Inner Being far faster than sitting and meditating (or practicing mindfulness of the present moment) in order to reach transcendent states of awareness.

Formal meditative practices are only beneficial to the degree that the practitioner values joy, which is love, which is well-being.

Most "mindfulness" and "being present" teachings are quite dry and lack the most important core point, which is that FEELING LOVE/JOY is that which transcends the prison of lower ego. There is absolutely no spiritual growth or awakening without realizing joy; this is not possible, as all universes exist by virtue of love/joy.

True self-remembering is remembering and acknowledging our True Joyous Nature and nothing less than this, for the real Eternal Now is actually blissful beyond description.

Being present is really about letting go of resistance to well-being, which of course includes letting of resistance to anything. One is not truly being present if one denies himself/herself the gift of feeling transcendental love.
Old 15-03-2017, 03:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Hello Miss Hepburn.

You and LeCréateur could possibly be referring to two different aspects of consciousness here, in terms of speaking of "mind." He didn't mention deep meditation, or that which is sometimes referred to as Nirvikalpa Samadhi. He is largely referring to a very practical, waking type of meditative living, as I understand it.

In terms of expansion of consciousness within the dream-realities that all beings experience, the "mind" in the broader sense as pertaining to soul consciousness/energy does indeed never really stop. Remember, energy is but consciousness, and the "Vortex" as you are familiar with it never actually "stops," for this Vortex is also mind. The entity "Abraham" knows and teaches this, yet does so in a (positively) tricky way, never actually literally saying that the Vortex is also mind. . .not in that terminology, that is.

Therefore, when a person "stops thought" during meditation, which Abraham and many other teachers have mentioned as possible, the momentum of expansion from the person's Vortex of desire--in other words, the person's karmic momentum--doesn't stop, it still appears to move, even while the meditator's awareness in observer mode may be focused purely on a sense of stillness and silence, purely on the sense, "I AM," or Is-ness.

So, in a sense, both "stopping thought" and "mind never stops" are BOTH equally "real" and both equally illusory one could accurately say, since all movement is ultimately illusory. Hence, the "Uncarved Block" that Lao Tzu made reference to, which is the true changeless nature of Tao, AKA the "Absolute" or Para Brahman.

Most students of the Tao are familiar with the Tao that appears to move/flow, not the "Uncarved Block," which is not the same reality as motion, which is why there is hardly ever any mention of the "Uncarved Block" in Taoism. . .most simply disregard the deeper significance of what "Tao" ultimately is.

The multiverse (which is also mind) never actually stops when a person's awareness expands to embrace eternity.

Teachers like Abraham know this very well, yet wisely choose to keep things very simple for students of metaphysics and simply say that "thought" or "the mind" can stop. What is really happening in terms of the process of reaching deep meditation is that the meditator is simply shifting his/her awareness from the unending business of the monkey mind or Tao that appears to be in "perpetual motion," loosening his/her grip on form. . .letting go of resistance to the true state of consciousness, which is formless. . .and in this sense of letting go of the world and the little "I" of personal identity, the meditator notices that the momentum of thought has "slowed down" or vanishes altogether at some point.

However, the meditator's awareness is also part of eternal consciousness, of course. So, in these types of discussions about "mind," quite often people may have some very different ideas of mind when they discuss and debate these things, being that the word "mind" can be referring to different things or states of consciousness. One could say that "Mind can stop, but awareness is ever-present," and not be contradicting oneself, because the person could indeed be using "mind" to refer to one thing, such as the personal mind, and "awareness" to another, such as God-Consciousness.

The mind that becomes "quiet" during meditation is but a portion of the larger soul consciousness, thus when one "stops thought" or "stops mind" there are other aspects of mind that are still moving or in monkey business, such as the person's momentum of desires, since all beings have desire.

That's exactly what I was referencing to. But I love the way you put it. I never thought of mind as being energy. It makes sens now tho. But I have one question: Is mind over elements and universal laws?
to explain it better ill give an example of am extreme hypothetical situation.
if someone is stranded in the middle of the desert, no water, no food... and is POSITIVE, convinced that he will survived and has an undoubting belief that he will, do you think the mind is powerful enough to influence his surroundings to work in his favor and get him out?