Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
My understanding of awakening takes a different approach; I'm mostly explaining this to expand on the semantic differences between our understandings of the term.

We previously held a much higher spiritual position; similar to angels. We experienced a fall a long time ago, that resulted in us losing our connection to the Source (or Light, or God.. or however you wanted to see it). By 'awakening' we're regaining the memories we had in the past.. reconnecting to the Light, and remembering a great many spiritual truths (wisdom) and techniques. At this stage, learning is no longer necessary.. there is no need to study, because knowledge of all things physical will be readily available.
(I want to preface this response with the observation that this is me mostly working out my own experience with being religiously programed in my early years)

Is this truly the case? Is this really what happened? In the last 40 years or so I've read and heard so many version of what happened to us as soul-based entities and they usually reflect some feeling that we've been detrimentally robbed of our birthright. I think it's important that we focus on this trend because such imaginings tend to frame the way we think about this current experience.

Notice how such stories tend to mirror the kinds of religious conditioning that took hold some 2000 years ago. The great fall, then the savior, good and evil battling it out with us being carried by the current. If not for this we would all be magnificently magically inclined. If we could just think and behave in some certain way then the magical days of yore would return.

Such stories are enticing, since living a physical life is a disturbing affair in which we continually teeter over one abyss or another (in many cases abysses of our own making)

I'm not faulting you specifically for such things, since these habits of viewing life is well embedded in our upbringing, but I do feel it's important to point out how these stories affect how we feel about the present.

They establish us as victims within a natural setting. It turns our ability to "think" against ourselves. It semantically contains our imagination, and structurally restricts our ability to perceive. It also separates us from nature under the idea that our punishment is to be here in this way. While there's nothing to really indicate that any of this actually occurred.

(sorry about going there, but this stuff needs to be culturally, emotionally and intuitively looked at real closely)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
My mother had progressed a fair way along this path, and had access to all languages; she could speak any/every language. We'd occasionally play a game where we'd pick a language and have her speak a sentence or two in that language.. even rare languages were spoken fluently without hesitation. And this example is only one portion of what 'awakening' means.

What was your mother like in general? Was she relaxed overall and did she integrate with the things that surrounded her? Here ability to access languages is suggestive of something much deeper and more cooperative in nature. We've been conditioned to think that we're structurally narrow and contained. Intuitively it appears that your mother was able to poke through some of this conditioning in a most unique way! :)