Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Abbasflower

Christianity and LoA

Hello. I'm a newby.

No doubt this has been addressed many times over. I am a Christian who became discouraged after about 25 years of church hopping. Although my faith in Yeshua never left me, I found it hard to attend church. I pray at home and seek His guidance. More recently, I have been reading a book that I feel was instrumental in keeping me close to God. It is called The Perfect Power Within You, and is written by Jack and Cornelia Addington. Although the Bible is its point of reference, I don't know of many christian churches that encourage their theory, and believe the call it metaphysical Christianity.

Any thoughts?
Old 20-03-2012, 04:08 AM
Master
Hi Abbasflower, yes this is one way that Christianity will go, I hope for the better, because quite frankly, the old has to go, its had its days.
Old 20-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Aesop

Would someone care to explain what LoA is and how it applies to Christianity?
Old 22-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Abbasflower

In a nutshell Aesop...

I believe it is Matthew 22:21 which says,

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

The emphasis to LoA or Law of Attraction-ers is placed on "believing". Many haven't received because they don't believe they will really receive.
Old 22-03-2012, 02:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbasflower
I believe it is Matthew 22:21 which says,

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

The emphasis to LoA or Law of Attraction-ers is placed on "believing". Many haven't received because they don't believe they will really receive.

Also..

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Don't forget about the next verse too..

25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
Old 22-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Aesop

While I was studying in Ethiopia I met a man, about 30 years of age, who was born again and a very wealthy business man in Addis Ababa dealing with commodity exports.

In my talk with him, a lot of what he said was indirectly about LoA and asking God for what you want/deserve. He said that he use to be a drunkard and own a little village bar. He use to use prostitutes and have long unkempt hair. When he became a christian he read the bible and realized there was no place for the life he was living and as he changed his lifestyle he began to pray to God for wisdom, opportunity, good fortune, etc.

"Pray to God and ask him! Believe that you will receive what he has promised for you when you call on his name," he said.
Old 23-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop
"Pray to God and ask him! Believe that you will receive what he has promised for you when you call on his name," he said.
I've used this principal of believing, except I instead of believing I 'will' receive, I believed I 'already' received, and thanked God for giving it. It actually works.
Old 23-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbasflower
Hello. I'm a newby.

No doubt this has been addressed many times over. I am a Christian who became discouraged after about 25 years of church hopping. Although my faith in Yeshua never left me, I found it hard to attend church. I pray at home and seek His guidance. More recently, I have been reading a book that I feel was instrumental in keeping me close to God. It is called The Perfect Power Within You, and is written by Jack and Cornelia Addington. Although the Bible is its point of reference, I don't know of many christian churches that encourage their theory, and believe the call it metaphysical Christianity.

Any thoughts?
Hi there I am a Christian too and something I have observed why people get discouraged is to do with the supernatural part of the walk with God.

At conversion often there is radical life changing experience and an infilling of the holy spirit.

This is usually such a big event that new christians become very enthusiastic and are very happy. some try to spread the good news to others as well.

As time goes by the memory of the first experience at conversion with a living God fades. If there isn't a constant seeking and finding similar experiences to the initial one faith can dwindle for some, and the faith becomes nothing more than church attendance on sunday morning.

Christianity is a lone spiritual battle and walk. ou walk alone with Jesus and the only way you can do it is through the power and refreshing of the holy spirit.

I have a pentecostal type church I attend and the things you see of the holy spirit doing things to people is so encouraging.

Christianity as a type of mystical thing..sounds good! Anything recommending praying to god or asking for spiritual gifts to manifest I would think is sound doctrine.

Church is for worshipping god, fellowship and serving others, nothing more.