Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Massage

Old 01-11-2013, 06:06 PM
catlady

hiya jumping in on this thread. im a massage therapist myself and love doing my many massages. i used to have a fellow friend who did me and me her but she died 2 years ago and i jjust cant find anyone who does it just right. mostyl they are the wishy washy tickle sort which i dont personally want. i want PAIN and elbows and hurties and go home feeling as if ive been dragged through a hedge backwards,but feel sooo much better and relaxed.these sort are hard to find. maybe one day i will find a fellow therapist near me who will do swappies.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady
hiya jumping in on this thread. im a massage therapist myself and love doing my many massages. i used to have a fellow friend who did me and me her but she died 2 years ago and i jjust cant find anyone who does it just right. mostyl they are the wishy washy tickle sort which i dont personally want. i want PAIN and elbows and hurties and go home feeling as if ive been dragged through a hedge backwards,but feel sooo much better and relaxed.these sort are hard to find. maybe one day i will find a fellow therapist near me who will do swappies.

I'm not a massage therapist but I play one at home with a nice old
Kneading Fingers 2000 . Did 3 hours on my back the other day , leaning back in this very chair . I totally agree, most LMT's I've seen just don't get it , even when I tell them what I want done. I have a couple that I can count on to deliver the required pain , but I don't go very often because I use the KF2K and a foam roller so much that I don't need to, and it would cost a fortune if I got this much work done professionally. I had bad IT Band Syndrome for a few months lasy Holidays, and I've been rolling HARD several times a week ever since. PAIN PAIN PAIN, that's the only way to get lasting relief
Old 05-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Experiencer
Cat lady, may I ask where you're located as I'm an LMT myself.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:02 PM
catlady

ok second time of trying to reply to this....
Dar would one of those thingies be any good round my shoulders? seen them on the web site i buy my suplies off,but never thought of actually getting one.
Kylie<3 this might seem realllll silly but what does LMT mean?im embarresed already just by asking this.its going to be so simple isnt it.oh the shame of it all.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Experiencer
LMT = Licensed Massage Therapist
Old 07-11-2013, 07:57 PM
catlady

omg easy wasnt it. i shall go stand in a corner now and hang my head in shame. but we dont use that term un the uk so thats my excuse :)
Old 12-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady
ok second time of trying to reply to this....
Dar would one of those thingies be any good round my shoulders? seen them on the web site i buy my suplies off,but never thought of actually getting one.
Kylie<3 this might seem realllll silly but what does LMT mean?im embarresed already just by asking this.its going to be so simple isnt it.oh the shame of it all.

I just remembered about this thread...I've been busy unscrambling words
(and working a lot ). The motorized shiatsu massagers I've used are pretty good for shoulders but a bit awkward to use there. I use a high backed chair and just lean back into the thing and let the leaning pressure
hold the unit up against the chair back, and deliver the massage pressure. You'd have to make sure and not buy one of the cheapo products . I would stick with real 'Kneading Fingers' brand because I know for sure they have good strong motors with enough torque that they don't bog down when you lean on them (and don't **** out ). New ones are about $200 U.S. but I got a used one for $40 and it's fine . New models have a cord with controls; my old one has pad buttons on the front that I sometimes accidentally push and it stops but hey, $40 , I'm not complaining . Cheapo ones sell for $40 , and I got one of those without knowing better , and they are not worth bothering with.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:18 PM
catlady

sent you a message Dar
Old 12-11-2013, 12:22 PM
livingkarma

OMG! Massage was far more effective than reiki or acupuncture in relieving the overall physical pain of grief ...
It was almost unbearable ...
I fractured 5 teeth & broke one before having them extracted ...
I developed arthritis from the stress depositing in my neck & shoulders including stomach/digestive problems ...
Massage prevented the loss of more teeth, arthritic flare ups & relieved migraines - aspirin, acetamenophen & ibuprofen ate up my stomach lining ...
My massage therapist looked like a pro wrestler she could throw me down on the mat to make minced meat out of me! Loved it!
I went for massage almost weekly during active grief; about 4 years ...
It was a life saver!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:29 PM
catlady

livingkarma had to laugh at your post about being a pro wrestler.
glad it helped you and your pain and grief.
i used to get a massage/reflexology every week with a friend, but not any more.i truly miss it. it helped my pre menstrual tension and depression /single parent stress so much, i wouldnt have survide without it.
good ones are hard to find.especially ones that are good and willing to recieve and give in return. which i feel therapists need for their own well being to recieve a massge themsleves.hence me looking for some heavy handed type to swap treatments with.