Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-09-2011, 02:30 PM
bekins

Falun Dafa (or Falun Gong)

The Falun Xiulian Dafa, commonly Falun Dafa or Falun Gong, is a way of cultivation (of the self) and practice.
It means that we have some exercises (five, in the form of qi gong exercices) which aim to purify the body, making you feel energised and free from diseases.
I personally think these exercises are very very powerful.
The real aim of the exercises, anyway, is the gradual transformation of the body in high-energy substance.

The 5 exercises are just a little part of the Dafa.
They are just the "practice", in "cultivation and practice".
So, what's cultivation?
The cultivation is a process in which the practitioner loses his material desires and emotions (but not necessarily his material assets) to assimilate himself to "Zhen-Shan-Ren" (Truthful - Compassion - Tollerance) which we consider the highest essence of the Universe. You don't necessarily have to lose concrete things, because this is not an out of the society practice :)
The better you cultivate yourself, nearer you are to the ZhenShanRen standard, and more elevated is your understanding.
So everything I say is what I can understand at this level of comprehension :)

I just spent a few word to describe it in a general way, but there really are lots of things to say ^^

It's important to say that the main book of this discipline is Zhuan Falun (you can easily find an ebook on internet). May I post the link?
Also I would like to post the exercises' videos as well, if you're interested (maybe in the qi gong area) ;)

I'm here for any questions / doubts etc. :)
Old 07-09-2011, 02:48 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Could you explain about Li Hongzi's relationship with Falun Dafa, and the 'Law Body'?

Be well..
Old 07-09-2011, 06:57 PM
bekins

Li Hong Zhi is the man who introduced Falun Dafa in China in 1992. He's generally called "master" by falun dafa's practitioner which is a title generally given (in china) to a man which has some kind of competence in some field.
Every Falun Dafa book is written by Master Li, and every falun dafa's teaching comes from him.

A Law Body, or Fashen, is (at my own comprehension level) an independent being that, in every situation, acts like the main being (the person who the fashen belongs to) would have acted. It's some sort of a copy, an independent copy of the main being (without a physical body), with the same ideas.

It is thanks to Law Bodies that master doesn't need to meet every practitioner :)

Be well :)
Old 07-09-2011, 07:47 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

I will post a link to Li Hongzi's interview with Time Magazine in 1999, please comment on your alignment with Li's beliefs, especially the parts about aliens taking over human bodies (about halfway through the interview)..

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...053761,00.html

Be well..
Old 07-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Topology

Bekins, don't mind Tzu, he is the local alien trying to convince us humans that aliens don't exist so that we remain passive to their will. That is, after all, the greatest trick the devil can play, convincing the world he doesn't exist.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:47 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Bekins, don't mind Tzu, he is the local alien trying to convince us humans that aliens don't exist so that we remain passive to their will. That is, after all, the greatest trick the devil can play, convincing the world he doesn't exist.
You know i don't exist Topo, don't be confusing the Falun guys..

Be well..
Old 07-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Topology

*goes back into a state of passivity*

You know, I really don't understand why aliens have to be enemies and not just fellow beings...
Old 07-09-2011, 09:09 PM
bekins

Sorry double post
Old 07-09-2011, 09:11 PM
bekins

Well, you don't have to see this interview as one of his teachings.
The topics in that interview are just the most "exotic" or "strange" that can be found in Falun Dafa's teachings, from people's point of view.
It's important to say that Falun Gong does not have catastrophic or alarmistic theories. I mean, there are some elements like that, but:
1)It's not supposed to the practitioner to have any form of fear. Fear is, obviously one of the things that have to be leaved, in the cultivation.
2)Aliens are just a marginal topic in Falun Dafa's teaching. In fact, there are almost no words about them in Zhuan Falun, the main book.

So we aren't really concerned about aliens, we just think about how to cultivate better ourselves and to be good persons :)

Not every alien is "enemy"
Old 07-09-2011, 09:20 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekins
Well, you don't have to see this interview as one of his teachings.
The topics in that interview are just the most "exotic" or "strange" that can be found in Falun Dafa's teachings, from people's point of view.
It's important to say that Falun Gong does not have catastrophic or alarmistic theories. I mean, there are some elements like that, but:
1)It's not supposed to the practitioner to have any form of fear. Fear is, obviously one of the things that have to be leaved, in the cultivation.
2)Aliens are just a marginal topic in Falun Dafa's teaching. In fact, there are almost no words about them in Zhuan Falun, the main book.

So we aren't really concerned about aliens, we just think about how to cultivate better ourselves and to be good persons :)

Not every alien is "enemy"
According to that interview, it would seem that aliens are the most important issue from the human's perspective, unless Falun Gong is actually the preparation for alien occupation.. why would you minimize your master's words and beliefs? if aliens are trying to take human bodies, shouldn't you be telling everyone, shouldn't there be real fear?

Be well..

Be well..