Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Knower

Good and evil

I have this feeling in me like I've let down all thats good. This feeling of universal disappointment. Like I failed to be good. I've gone through long periods of feeling the polar opposite. I was ignorant and conditionally loving during those time periods though, I was missing something. I have such deep respect for everyone on the path of light, no matter where they're at on the path. As for the path of darkness, it is what it is. All the anger I had towards the darkness, I've had to let it go. I'm no better than anyone. I've seen both sides in depth. When you've only had slight glimpses, it can be tricky because the path of darkness can appear relatively innocent, but seeing both sides in depth, its just plain obvious.

Some things are more easily seen in the darkness. Its at night we see the stars shine, during the day we're so immersed in light, the stars are invisible to us. Theres the path of infinite abundance, love, freedom and happiness. And the path of limitation, harshness, enslavement and self neglect/denial. I used to see it like a war. But you can't create peace by waging war. Its like trying to put out a fire with a flamethrower. My granny keeps saying, "we just want the old you back" and things like that. She says I used to be extremely kind. Even people I barely knew, have been saying I'm one of the nicest people they've ever known. I feel anything but that right now. I feel like this:

Its because I was radiating what was coming from my heart that people detected kindness. I suppose I'd give anything to get it back. It was never mine, its "ours", so to get it back, this idea of a me separate from other has to go. Let it burn, let the love and kindness rain down upon all of humanity.
Old 13-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Master
The Hanged Man is a very interesting card.

It means that you are allowing yourself to be the victim of circumstance which is mostly self-created. You cannot see beyond your own concepts and ideologies which can ensnare you according to the faith and belief you place in them to the total exclusion of almost everything else.

Dark or Light, Good or Evil, they are just two sides of the same coin and neither is Good nor Bad because they are also within the realms of duality, but many people refuse to dismount from their moral high-horse long enough to see what the earth actually feels like beneath their feet.

You can be whatever you choose to be. Nothing is lost and there's nothing to get back. Whatever others see, whatever they choose to believe about you is up to them also, whether it be true or false...again, the eternal polarity ensues.

At least one thing, if it's any consolation in the grand scheme of things, at least you don't feel like me:

Old 13-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogWarrior
Theres the path of infinite abundance, love, freedom and happiness. And the path of limitation, harshness, enslavement and self neglect/denial. I used to see it like a war. But you can't create peace by waging war.
Look at the world. How many wars are going on? The world thrives on conflict and conflict-belief: gods that enslave and punish us, governments that imprison us, society that judges our degree of success.

You know what the upside-down opposite of this "societal norm" is? Choosing -- daring -- love and happiness as a life path. I say "Hang it!" to that other world.
Old 13-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Master
Eric Clapton ~ Let It Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y86kDFaJ2h4

thank you FrogWarrior.
Old 13-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Knower

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
The Hanged Man is a very interesting card.

It means that you are allowing yourself to be the victim of circumstance which is mostly self-created. You cannot see beyond your own concepts and ideologies which can ensnare you according to the faith and belief you place in them to the total exclusion of almost everything else.

Dark or Light, Good or Evil, they are just two sides of the same coin and neither is Good nor Bad because they are also within the realms of duality, but many people refuse to dismount from their moral high-horse long enough to see what the earth actually feels like beneath their feet.

You can be whatever you choose to be. Nothing is lost and there's nothing to get back. Whatever others see, whatever they choose to believe about you is up to them also, whether it be true or false...again, the eternal polarity ensues.

At least one thing, if it's any consolation in the grand scheme of things, at least you don't feel like me:

My god, you nailed it, from every perceivable (to me) angle. It hurts like hell, but I've seen beyond the realms of duality and having seen it, I can't really be at the mercy of the changing winds as I once was. Getting off my moral high horse, I don't believe I would have willingly done that unless a certain self created tragedy happened that made me feel like I failed the light so immensely. The tower, my utmost respect and appreciation goes to you for taking the path you did. The first thing that came to me about the tower, is leaping from the tower out of desperation. My situation is self created just like you said, but that adds its own dimension of difficulty because I'm entirely responsible for the consequences of what I created.

Leaping out of the tower out of desperation, something comes to me. When I'm dreaming, whenever I'm at the edge of a rooftop or some great height and being forced out of it, then I remember I can fly, and remembering I can fly, something magical happens. I remember I'm dreaming so whatever menacing force that pushed me to the edge, theres no longer any need to run from it because I remember its just a projection of my mind. Every time when I turn around to confront the force that pushed me off the edge, it is gone, nowhere to be found. It was only there because I was identified with the belief that the world I found myself in was external/separate to myself.

The hanged man has followed me for much of my life, my dad is obsessed with it to the point he hangs inverted crucifixes on his wall. I only met him when I was 16 and theres this sense between us like we're not father and son, more like brothers, and we are carrying out the same work, what he started in his lifetime, I'm continuing it. When I was considering checking out of life years ago, I had a dream of him spitting in my hand and saying "dying after doing what I already had the time do". I somehow knew then and there that there is no checking out, I'm here for the long run and I'm here to take things further than he did. Lessons in selflessness (and the infinite love that flows through the heart with it) is what its about.

The blood moon that happened a couple of years ago, I had pretty clear visions of humanity being the hanged man. I have my own interpretation of it, but how you described it, thats exactly it, I couldn't have worded it so concisely.
Old 13-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Master
I used to do Tarot readings a long time ago and I am glad what I said has resonated with you so deeply.

The Tower represents total recklessness in spiritual affairs, raising energies through all the wrong channels and the misuse of personal power to self-detriment and to the detriment of others. It is akin to the Tower of Babel, where hubris in the affront of God leads to a total inability to communicate without the infinite misunderstandings that occur as a direct result.
Old 13-07-2017, 02:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogWarrior
I have this feeling in me like I've let down all thats good. This feeling of universal disappointment. Like I failed to be good. I've gone through long periods of feeling the polar opposite. I was ignorant and conditionally loving during those time periods though, I was missing something. I have such deep respect for everyone on the path of light, no matter where they're at on the path. As for the path of darkness, it is what it is. All the anger I had towards the darkness, I've had to let it go. I'm no better than anyone. I've seen both sides in depth. When you've only had slight glimpses, it can be tricky because the path of darkness can appear relatively innocent, but seeing both sides in depth, its just plain obvious.

Some things are more easily seen in the darkness. Its at night we see the stars shine, during the day we're so immersed in light, the stars are invisible to us. Theres the path of infinite abundance, love, freedom and happiness. And the path of limitation, harshness, enslavement and self neglect/denial. I used to see it like a war. But you can't create peace by waging war. Its like trying to put out a fire with a flamethrower. My granny keeps saying, "we just want the old you back" and things like that. She says I used to be extremely kind. Even people I barely knew, have been saying I'm one of the nicest people they've ever known. I feel anything but that right now. I feel like this:

Its because I was radiating what was coming from my heart that people detected kindness. I suppose I'd give anything to get it back. It was never mine, its "ours", so to get it back, this idea of a me separate from other has to go. Let it burn, let the love and kindness rain down upon all of humanity.
Hi FrogWarrior,

It's a process and a journey - but also could be characterized as a war against ignorance that requires courage, endurance, vigilance, etc.
Just by virtue of incarnation we are virtually enveloped in ignorance and inconscience. It is a ceaseless battle to acquire light because physical life embodies inertia.

The key per your OP is to realize that what is shifting - and you are recognizing that shift - is the distinction between waging that war objectively and externally vs. subjectively and internally.

Importantly you are now becoming conscious of what needs to be transformed within in order to perfect your being, by more consciously becoming in and through the acquisition of light. Try not to disparage that process by identifying with what needs to transform (ignorance). Instead, try to increasingly focus on what inspires and what has the capacity to effect that transformation on your behalf - God, Light, Spirit, The Highest, etc.

That light is our true birthright and importantly it unfailingly supports the journey towards it. What fails us is our intermittent focus on it, lack of faith in it. The conscious seeker of light and truth tries to consistently cultivate effective means as increasingly consistent intention and action, which is what spirituality is.

~ J
Old 13-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
I spent my whole life trying to do the right thing, be morally good and selfless to others my whole life. When I failed to be perfectly loving it meant I was a bad person and I would turn on myself. It tore me apart until I come to find out life is not about being good. It's not about being bad either. It's about coming to earth, to a state of forgetfulness and trying to figure out how to express ourselves. If we have to be good all the time we lose sight of what it means to be human and flawed. We can, in a sense, start to disown the human parts of us. But no one can be perfectly good all of the time. It's impossible as a human. So I suspect there may be a bit of self loathing going on that may need to be to addressed. Forgive yourself for whatever it was you did and you will be set free from your hanging. You can make amends if others were hurt in the process but in the grand scheme of things we all agree to be a part of this crazy story of life and that means that others agreed to you with your flaws as well. If for some reason others are hurt by us, it is a learning lesson for them as much as it is a learning lesson for us. So forgive yourself. We are all just helping each other grow through the good times and the bad but none of us are all good or all bad. We are mainly, at times, just confused. It's an important distinction. Take care.
Old 13-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Master
Watching one's inner thoughts and when noticing one which is harsh asking "Is this really true?" and then exploring what the actual truth can helps to stay out of icky mind traps.

By noticing thoughts, pretty much constantly one become able to uproot a lot of truth-less negative self berating and can stop it before it turns into the Hanged Man or Tower Card scenario.

Another effective thought management tool is when thoughts with lots of energy behind them happen ask if the thought feels good or feel bad - then decide based on the emotional response to the thought if one wants to continue thinking that thought-line out or replace it with a different thought line which in more in our end desire.
Old 13-07-2017, 05:14 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
But no one can be perfectly good all of the time. It's impossible as a human.
Love your post! I plucked out this line because I feel it's important to take note that it is "people" who decide what is good and evil, right or wrong. Nature doesn't do this. Nature is push and pull, attraction and repulsion. Nature does not obsess over emotional content in a repetitively overly-rehearsed way. Nature matter-of-factly addresses the variables at the time, and continually does so as variables change.

So this obsession with right and wrong, good and evil is purely mentally created. It's built around the impressions of the people who play into it. There is a healthy give and take that's available to us as humans that plays much better than having to navigate the emotionally fragile mindsets of emotionally unconsciously vulnerably oriented individuals (which is just about everyone). It may mean playing "out of sync" with many, at any given time, but at least we're engaged in a more constructive and integrative involvement with our surroundings and not twisting ourselves into knots trying to please others who are often predisposed toward feeling bad anyway!