Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 26-01-2013, 03:59 AM
4everaspirit

This was the funniest thread I have read on here LOOOOOOOOL
Old 26-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Here are these holy beings floating around in absolute bliss telling us to do their bidding?

I tend to think that they are doing OUR bidding... reminding us of things we've forgotten. They are looking out for us, helping us to fulfill the choices we've already made.
In my estimation, life is eternal; there is no "afterlife", death is illusory.
Death, "true" death, is nothingness -- "nothingness" cannot be experienced.
Old 26-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
I tend to think that they are doing OUR bidding... reminding us of things we've forgotten. They are looking out for us, helping us to fulfill the choices we've already made.
In my estimation, life is eternal; there is no "afterlife", death is illusory.
Death, "true" death, is nothingness -- "nothingness" cannot be experienced.
Yea Yea, well said.
Old 26-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yea Yea, well said.

thanks psychoslice, i was thinking that we were at very different vantage points.
There are people who advocate achieving "nothingness", through meditation. I don't oppose the concept, it's just not "accurate" --
the pure essence that they achieve is indeed not "nothing".
Old 26-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Quagmire

Quote:

Because you say so?
Old 26-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
thanks psychoslice, i was thinking that we were at very different vantage points.
There are people who advocate achieving "nothingness", through meditation. I don't oppose the concept, it's just not "accurate" --
I see this so called nothingness, as eveything, the nothingness that is everything is where all arises from.
Old 27-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera's_Party
I am just thinking if it were me and my guides/higher self/the divine/God told me I had to leave paradise and return to my body. I would tell them to go F*** off. If this spiritual assignment is so important to you, "Why don't you go and do it yourself!?" I quit!
It's a nice theory. I in fact know someone who did tell them off. Still, outnumbered by more powerful beings, he went back none the less. He has since had more NDEs, same result. Now he rails about being unable to die. So go ahead, vent all you want, that is not going to change anything.
Old 27-01-2013, 03:07 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
It's a nice theory. I in fact know someone who did tell them off. Still, outnumbered by more powerful beings, he went back none the less. He has since had more NDEs, same result. Now he rails about being unable to die. So go ahead, vent all you want, that is not going to change anything.

So what was keeping him physically alive? It wasn't powerful Beings telling him this or that, it was his own Soul and Spirit needing to have a physical experience for some reason.
Old 28-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Because you say so?

No, not at all. The "experiencer" is still there. That's not "nothing".
Apparently, people who've had profound "out of body" experiences, or somesuch,
relate that they feel "greater connectedness", or "pure communication",
without the roadblocks or obstructions that I/we commonly encounter in "everyday life".
I suggest that this is not nothingness.

I'm kinda approaching the idea from a "mathematical" standpoint. Physics tells us
that "matter cannot be destroyed" -- it can be transformed into another state.
It seems to me that the essence of a being (such as myself), cannot simply dissolve into "nothingness".
I tend to agree with psychoslice, that the nothingness is more
likely everythingness... absence of nothing.
Does that make sense?
Yet, I feel that the Physical Realm of reality is "true", and not simply an illusion.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 28-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
I'm kinda approaching the idea from a "mathematical" standpoint. Physics tells us
that "matter cannot be destroyed" -- it can be transformed into another state.
It seems to me that the essence of a being (such as myself), cannot simply dissolve into "nothingness".
I tend to agree with psychoslice, that the nothingness is more
likely everythingness... absence of nothing.
Does that make sense?
Yet, I feel that the Physical Realm of reality is "true", and not simply an illusion.

Yes that make sense but only if we approach it from a dualistic view point I think. In oneness there simply is no separation in the way I experience it so nothingness and everythingness is the same. My mythology of Nothing describes that everything is nothing with the possibility of being anything and that makes it everything. At least that is the statement for now. It is not an absolute Mythology and if it has to change then it will change, yet it will not change just for the sake of changing.

The thing is that even if the physical realm of reality is an illusion it is hard to argue that the illusion is not real. We sense it each and every day so of course it is real and the question simply might be how it is real. Or maybe we call it an illusion simply because it is not an absolute world; meaning it is quite adaptable to the individual. I have a theory that all of us live in individual worlds blending together creating a shared world and the world simply is fluid and will change with the change of those sharing it. And one could also argue that even the oneness is an illusion just more delightful for some - simply an escape from the world of the mind. Or that oneness is simply the existence of one's world in complete balance and that the illusion is that one feels out of balance. There is many adventures for one to journey out on. Wondrous worlds to explore and amazing treasures to be found