Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 22-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Gryneos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine91
I do think it's possible that we could have been other types of beings in past lives, animals included.
I agree

It seems rather short-sighted to presume that we don't encompass all of life in our spiritual existence. I would also include the "inanimate" because we truly don't know what consciousness can be like for anything but ourselves and a handful of other animals. Carlos Casteneda had experience with "inorganic beings" so I don't limit myself in supposing that there can be consciousness pretty much anywhere and everywhere. Even planet-, star, and galaxy-sized consciousnesses
Old 23-05-2015, 01:09 AM
Ravenspirit

Well, humans are a type of animal so in that sense I guess I have been, but I don't think I've been furry or feathery, or scaly, etc. I think as humans we are often imperfect spiritually speaking and reincarnate to learn the lessons we need to learn. Most of the companion animals I have known have loved me they're seemingly capable of unconditional love on levels that the humans in my life have seldom reached. I don't think they need any spiritual development. It's like they're little animal Buddhas. Different kinds of souls, I think...
Old 23-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
Well, humans are a type of animal so in that sense I guess I have been, but I don't think I've been furry or feathery, or scaly, etc. I think as humans we are often imperfect spiritually speaking and reincarnate to learn the lessons we need to learn. Most of the companion animals I have known have loved me they're seemingly capable of unconditional love on levels that the humans in my life have seldom reached. I don't think they need any spiritual development. It's like they're little animal Buddhas. Different kinds of souls, I think...

That's what people report who have been hypnotically regressed to time between lives say as well. When souls are created, each one turns out unique. Some are suited to live in human bodies and some are suited to be in animal bodies which are more governed by the laws of nature. Human type souls have the potential for higher destinies than animal type souls. It's just a potential some souls have and some don't that appears during creation. That's not to say that animal type souls can't progress in their own way as well.

Some animal souls chose to be human companions. I myself have two cats and one has obviously been a human companion for many incarnations. She is a "perfect" pet and wholly devoted to humans comfort. The other cat I have I believe has been a "wild" animal for most of his incarnations and is just now trying out being a human companion. He struggles with being a pet and really doesn't know how to do it. He is like a wild animal and just follows his animal and natures instincts.

The reports state that human type souls can't really live within lower animal forms. The energies don't mesh. I think the main aspect that is different between the types of souls is self awareness. Some souls have the potential for self awareness and some don't. The way it's described, this potential is either there at creation or not. I don't think this potential can be learned.

Human consciousness is different from lower animals in the way we create. Most animals have very limited creation abilities. Like spiders will create webs, birds create nests, beavers create dams. Animals have very basic creation abilities. Human's, however, have completed altered the natural world. We not only create sky scrapers, cements roads and sidewalks, houses and buildings and environments of all types, we also completely decide where grass and tress and flowers should go. We reorder nature according to our will.

Then besides the out of control manipulation of our environments, we create our belief systems, our conditioning, our ethical systems and laws we live by. We create religions and groups and judgments. Lions don't argue over whether it's right to kill antelopes or not. Lions don't create farms where they raise sheep to eat. Some ants will farm other insects to eat though. But this is imposed on the ants behavior from within, from programmed instincts. The ants don't decide to farm or not. Human's have complete control over their actions and environments. We don't live in the world, we create the world.