Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Ascender
Post Past Life affecting this one

I know there have been some questions asked relating to whether or not past lives can have an affect on our present lives. I thought I'd share my thoughts on it.

I definitely see the after-affects of a previous life in this life. I know that in a previous life I was a monk at a monastery in France. See here for a bit more detail if you're so inclined.

Anyway, I've come to realize that I must have seen some horrible things done in the name of Christianity during that life. I find that I get very protective and defensive when I see someone (a fundamentalist, zealot, or whatever) trying to instill fear, hatred of others, intolerance, or any of the other negative things religious beliefs can bring out in some.
Old 17-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Master

I agree, in a previous life I was a victim of the holocust and I have a deep passion for justice in everything I do. A psychic told me I needed to stop this as it was holding me back, but I cannot..
Old 18-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Ascender
Frobellian,

Wow, I can see how that kind of experience could echo through lives. I'd think a huge thing one might need to learn from that is letting go of it. From what I've seen, too much seeking justice can turn into seeking vengeance. Those two are easily confused. I guess that's a line one must be careful not to cross. Makes me curious why the psychic said you needed to stop. Perhaps you're not moving forward because you're holding onto the past... (just a thought).

In my case, I learned that many things done in the name of God by many religious persons were wrong. Now, I can still see that and I know that people needed to be protected against it.
Old 30-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Master
What if we take an even wider view and depersonalise the things we see?

There's always two sides, and possibly a whole lot more, to wrong doing and one of them is realising that people are responsible for the things they fall into.

Okay, that's a hard one to accept but between people being responsible for what befalls them and the souls need to encounter all... the overriding thing that I see is that we have choices to make at any given moment.

So if we encountered brutality in a previous life then might it be our responsibility to go beyond vengeance and fighting oppression, which tends to just be the same coin reversed, and be aware that the peace we create within ourselves flows out into the environment around us?

I find that with my own past lives there's both a personal message to be understood plus the wider view of myself running through history. That said I think it's important not to dwell solely within one of those view points but to take in both and hopefully bring that awareness of being afloat in a fast flowing river, as in the wider perspective, while also having the ability to steer our acceptance of our place within that fast flowing river...
Old 01-01-2012, 04:32 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
I know there have been some questions asked relating to whether or not past lives can have an affect on our present lives. I thought I'd share my thoughts on it.

I definitely see the after-affects of a previous life in this life. I know that in a previous life I was a monk at a monastery in France. See here for a bit more detail if you're so inclined.

Anyway, I've come to realize that I must have seen some horrible things done in the name of Christianity during that life. I find that I get very protective and defensive when I see someone (a fundamentalist, zealot, or whatever) trying to instill fear, hatred of others, intolerance, or any of the other negative things religious beliefs can bring out in some.

Tirner,

This is interesting. I too have these feelings and I believe they do relate to past life influences. I know that at least in three of my past lives I was on the outs with the Church. One on the island of Iona in Scotland, I was attending the Druid training there for bird augury and another in France during the persecution and execution of the Cathars of whom I was one. The last example is I was being raised by a Native American wise woman who was a child care provider for my father. She was teaching me her ways and I was accused of cursing a Christian woman and causing her death by what I had been taught, our family had to flee in secret so as not to face persecution. It would seem that I was always outside the accepted beliefs, I think this is why I have been called an edgewalker.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:41 AM
Master
I think past lives may have 'lessons' for us, and then there's the thought that it could also distract us from living our present lives in the here and now and more capable of making better, more rational decisions.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:45 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I think past lives may have 'lessons' for us, and then there's the thought that it could also distract us from living our present lives in the here and now and more capable of making better, more rational decisions.

Hey SG,

I think both of these thoughts are possible. I tend to think of past lives as avenues for wisdom and life information to be transferred. We can learn from anything and sometimes a most important element that comes out of learning about them is a deeper understanding of who we are and where we came from.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:02 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Tirner,

This is interesting. I too have these feelings and I believe they do relate to past life influences. I know that at least in three of my past lives I was on the outs with the Church. One on the island of Iona in Scotland, I was attending the Druid training there for bird augury and another in France during the persecution and execution of the Cathars of whom I was one. The last example is I was being raised by a Native American wise woman who was a child care provider for my father. She was teaching me her ways and I was accused of cursing a Christian woman and causing her death by what I had been taught, our family had to flee in secret so as not to face persecution. It would seem that I was always outside the accepted beliefs, I think this is why I have been called an edgewalker.

Fascinating. You were on the outside looking in. I was on the inside looking out. We both saw the wrong that was done.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Tirner,

Okay, something just walked over my grave. Or someone. First the Native American wise woman caught my attention (what tribe, and can you describe her?) and then the Cathars reference hit me like a club. Knowing a little of my past lives I think our paths may have crossed more than once. Or twice.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Okay, something just walked over my grave. Or someone. First the Native American wise woman caught my attention (what tribe, and can you describe her?) and then the Cathars reference hit me like a club. Knowing a little of my past lives I think our paths may have crossed more than once. Or twice.

heheee...WhiteWarrior...didn't mean to stroll across your grave

The Native American wise woman was either Cherokee or Catawba Nation, in Rowan County NC. She was in her late forties, she wore her hair in two pony tails, she wore a small print shirt with a long skirt.

As for the Cahtars I was a (woman) parfaite/Perfect. I believe I was in the castle in southern France when it was attacked by the Catholic Church. I was in a chapel area, and was killed by a falling stained glass window.

What memories do you have that you feel may be linked?