Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Pathfinder

What is Age of Aquarius?

I keep hearing about it and I’m so confused.... can someone please explain to me what it is?
Old 19-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Strangerthanfiction

Age of aquarius is the next astrological age that we are said to be entering soon. The current age is the age of pisces. the age of aquarius is also commonly referred to as the golden age or the golden age of aquarius. It is said to be a time when there will be peace on earth and love will rule the planet. It is believed by some that we will ascend to the 5th dimension. Some say all 12 strands of our DNA will be activated. However so far the 12 strand DNA theory is only a pseudoscientific term so there's no evidence we have 12 strands of DNA. Now about the 5th dimension: some say we will ascend our physical bodies. In other words they will become less dense. Others say we will stay in this plane of existence but that ascension means a global shift in consciousness. Who knows what type of ascension will happen in this age. Will it be an ascension of our physical bodies? or will it only be some type of mass awakening? Maybe this age doesn't even do anything specific to consciousness or our bodies. I'm not very good at astrology so i don't know. Many people in the spiritual community believed 2012 21 December to be the day humanity would ascend because we thought the mayan calendar would end that day. However it turns out the mayan calendar didn't end but it resets and start again.
Old 19-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Master

A quick internet search yields more than enough answers. Like this one:
https://earthsky.org/human-world/whe...aquarius-begin
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-11-2019, 08:04 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerthanfiction
Age of aquarius is the next astrological age that we are said to be entering soon. The current age is the age of pisces. the age of aquarius is also commonly referred to as the golden age or the golden age of aquarius. It is said to be a time when there will be peace on earth and love will rule the planet. It is believed by some that we will ascend to the 5th dimension. Some say all 12 strands of our DNA will be activated. However so far the 12 strand DNA theory is only a pseudoscientific term so there's no evidence we have 12 strands of DNA. Now about the 5th dimension: some say we will ascend our physical bodies. In other words they will become less dense. Others say we will stay in this plane of existence but that ascension means a global shift in consciousness. Who knows what type of ascension will happen in this age. Will it be an ascension of our physical bodies? or will it only be some type of mass awakening? Maybe this age doesn't even do anything specific to consciousness or our bodies. I'm not very good at astrology so i don't know. Many people in the spiritual community believed 2012 21 December to be the day humanity would ascend because we thought the mayan calendar would end that day. However it turns out the mayan calendar didn't end but it resets and start again.

It is when Jupiter and Saturn are the closest to each other in the sign of Aquarius and will stay there until 2159. Intriguingly, I've seen a couple of sources say The Age of Aquarius begins on 21 December 2020.
Old 26-11-2019, 10:07 AM
Master
Thumbs up No such thing as ''age of aquarius''

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
I keep hearing about it and I’m so confused.... can someone please explain to me what it is?

Some imaginary era that probably doesn't really exist. When ancient people looked to the skies they connected some stars and saw a lion, scorpion, and man holding water, etc. These are our projections, and people look for clues to ''fit'' world events into some era. Stuff like Jesus holding fish being ''proof'' of the start of the era of pisces!!!
Old 26-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Some imaginary era that probably doesn't really exist. When ancient people looked to the skies they connected some stars and saw a lion, scorpion, and man holding water, etc. These are our projections, and people look for clues to ''fit'' world events into some era. Stuff like Jesus holding fish being ''proof'' of the start of the era of pisces!!!

The Age Of Aquarius is obviously an astrological term. To say it doesn't exist is like saying Astrology or your zodiac sign doesn't exist.
Old 27-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Master

The technical answer is that each astrological age is due to the axial precession of the Earth (commonly referred to as precession of the equinoxes). Due to the nature of the precession of the equinoxes, the progression of the ages proceeds in reverse direction through the zodiacal signs. Each age lasts approximately 2160 years.

There is no specific start and end date for each age. Instead there is an overlap of astrological energies as one age ends and a new age begins.

We also have to consider the opposing sign for each age. So the past 2000 years has been the age of Pisces/Virgo, which coincides in the West with the Christian era. Spiritually, Pisces is about sacrifice and hierarchical authority, while Virgo symbolises the Virgin giving birth to the Christ consciousness. This influence is fading, so we can expect a further decline in the influence of Christianity.

The incoming age of Aquarius/Leo shifts the emphasis from vertical hierarchies to horizontal group networks. Leo is all about "I am", but in the age of Aquarius this emphasis on the self will be more about the self as part of wider groups.

Peace.
Old 27-11-2019, 06:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The technical answer is that each astrological age is due to the axial precession of the Earth (commonly referred to as precession of the equinoxes). Due to the nature of the precession of the equinoxes, the progression of the ages proceeds in reverse direction through the zodiacal signs. Each age lasts approximately 2160 years.

There is no specific start and end date for each age. Instead there is an overlap of astrological energies as one age ends and a new age begins.

We also have to consider the opposing sign for each age. So the past 2000 years has been the age of Pisces/Virgo, which coincides in the West with the Christian era. Spiritually, Pisces is about sacrifice and hierarchical authority, while Virgo symbolises the Virgin giving birth to the Christ consciousness. This influence is fading, so we can expect a further decline in the influence of Christianity.

The incoming age of Aquarius/Leo shifts the emphasis from vertical hierarchies to horizontal group networks. Leo is all about "I am", but in the age of Aquarius this emphasis on the self will be more about the self as part of wider groups.

Peace.
Wow, got a big "YES"/confirmation when I read that.

Also coincides with what appears to be generally transpiring...gradually increasing decentralization and personal autonomy.

Thank you for that great technical explanation.

~ J
Old 27-11-2019, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

This perfectly demonstrated it is merely a cultural belief, and not about universals. You see ''signs'' from a Christian perspective, but at the same time Jesus supposedly lived and started the ''era of Pisces'' by holding a fish in his hands, people in the Americas, Africa, and other places had nothing to do with that, nor do they all follow that pattern of ''sacrifice and hierarchical authority''. Again, such is the perspective of one culture, and it is not about universals.

Also, it's supposed to be a period of roughly 2000 years, and within that you can find so many different cultures, norms, and history that we can create any kind of narrative. The most important observation is that it's just about selectivity and looking for the hits that fit one's narrative. It does however not lead to a credible summary of universals in that time span.

Quote:

Last time I checked there has been spiritual focus on the self in other era's as well, such as 300/400BC India, with the influence of Buddhism and the Upanishads. And that's just one example that puts a dent in this idea of ''astrological ages''. And the past 2000 years really weren't about us connecting to a fish in the sky.

You can fit imaginary ''eras'' that supposedly represent x,y,z in any time you want. If you look for specific changes you can find them in so many places and times. Applying specific meaning to this is a result of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
Old 27-11-2019, 09:30 PM
Master
grooviest answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwNjcZzosa0
love this song